• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-vaccine protesters temporarily shut down major coronavirus vaccine site at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles

lol -- I can't answer, specifically, why they delayed, because they didn't say, beyond the facts that vaccinations continued inside the complex and were not impacted. We can make an educated guess, which I did, based on the information they did provide. I'm not going to make an unsupported assumption which is contradicted by the reports from the local officials - I'll leave that to you.

I think you missed a good deal of the chief's statements, including that they would designate areas where protesters would be allowed, along with instructions to the police on the scene for how to handle these situations - measures not in place for the incident we are discussing.

The fact that they did not say is the clue which you try to ignore. As I said, this is damage control by the people who were in charge and the change of tone by the later statement from the LAPD chief supports my point.

I did not miss anything. The fact that they had not designated a specific area for protest was because THE PROTESTERS HAD NO PERMIT.

Last edited:
Have I ever said they did not have a right to protest?
I'm not going to play the game of going back through 21 pages of the thread and providing quotes. But yes, essentially. You've repeatedly made degrading remarks, said they shouldn't be there, that they should have been arrested, etc.

People have the right to free speech and to protest. that includes protesting good things, and making stupid statements. It's a principle our country was built on.

On another forum discussing this exact same thing I was JUST accused of having voted for Biden LMAO you people make zero sense :D

You were not talking with me, so it is you who makes zero sense.

I'm not going to play the game of going back through 21 pages of the thread and providing quotes. But yes, essentially. You've repeatedly made degrading remarks, said they shouldn't be there, that they should have been arrested, etc.

TRANSLATION : You can't find a single instance of my saying they have no right to protest.

Mocking stupid isn't saying they have no right to protest.

Disproving they were on the side of the road and not in the road isn't saying they have no right to protest.

Defending the Fire Department who closed the gates because of these morons isn't saying they have no right to protest.

People have the right to free speech and to protest. that includes protesting good things, and making stupid statements. It's a principle our country was built on.

Yes, and?

Stupid maskless people saying stupid things went to a vaccination site where the Fire Department closed the gates for the safety of all involved. Had not the stupid maskless people been in the street and otherwise interfering the gates would have not been closed.

Again, I'm looking at the statements from the local officials. If you don't believe them, or think what they said happened is 'improbable' - that's something you will need to deal with. This is a real situation, not a hypothetical that you created.

I'm sure that LAPD and LAFD have far more experience dealing with protesters than you do.

Here is the bottom line: if I am in line to get vaccinated, as is my right, I do NOT want a bunch of morons interfering in ANY WAY with my ability to do so in a timely manner-ESPECIALLY if they are attacking me by not wearing masks. They can protest all they want, safely and responsibly, in a manner that doesn't involve ME in any way. There is no justification for them being their, maskless. None.

TRANSLATION : You can't find a single instance of my saying they have no right to protest.

Mocking stupid isn't saying they have no right to protest.

Disproving they were on the side of the road and not in the road isn't saying they have no right to protest.

Defending the Fire Department who closed the gates because of these morons isn't saying they have no right to protest.

Yes, and?

Stupid maskless people saying stupid things went to a vaccination site where the Fire Department closed the gates for the safety of all involved. Had not the stupid maskless people been in the street and otherwise interfering the gates would have not been closed.
So, you've been repeatedly combative here. You're ignoring the statements by those on the scene, the facts about what occurred, etc. It's clear you've dug in with your circular logic and assumptions on what happened. I'm done with it. Good luck, and take care.

Do you deny that 460,000+ people have died in the US due to COVID?
You're enacting a "Purity Tester" bad-faith argument again:

"These are goofy bad faith arguments that attempt to take the focus off policy and put it on advocates instead. They’re a form of concern trolling that should be dismissed out of hand, although asking the purity tester to name an advocate whose arguments they’d be willing to listen to can be amusing. It’s rare that they’ve ever considered the idea of a good advocate before, which demonstrates that it’s just agnotology at work."

Here is the bottom line: if I am in line to get vaccinated, as is my right, I do NOT want a bunch of morons interfering in ANY WAY with my ability to do so in a timely manner-ESPECIALLY if they are attacking me by not wearing masks. They can protest all they want, safely and responsibly, in a manner that doesn't involve ME in any way. There is no justification for them being their, maskless. None.
That's the thing - again - this group didn't cause any disruption to the vaccination clinic itself. It continued with the people in line inside. There was a brief delay for cars entering the complex (at the discretion of the fire department, by their own admission).

The mask part to me is an unrelated issue that certain people keep bringing up. It wasn't brought up by the officials. It wasn't a particularly big group, and none of the videos show them aggressively approaching anyone. (Just the opposite - it was a lot of 'come talk to us!'). If I had been driving to this clinic, I would have just kept my window closed and ignored them.

So, you've been repeatedly combative here. You're ignoring the statements by those on the scene, the facts about what occurred, etc. It's clear you've dug in with your circular logic and assumptions on what happened. I'm done with it. Good luck, and take care.

I take issue with rank stupidity. And that is what was demonstrated by the protesters on that day. They are idiots. And they tried to force their idiocy on others.

That's the thing - again - this group didn't cause any disruption to the vaccination clinic itself. It continued with the people in line inside. There was a brief delay for cars entering the complex (at the discretion of the fire department, by their own admission).

The mask part to me is an unrelated issue that certain people keep bringing up. It wasn't brought up by the officials. It wasn't a particularly big group, and none of the videos show them aggressively approaching anyone. (Just the opposite - it was a lot of 'come talk to us!'). If I had been driving to this clinic, I would have just kept my window closed and ignored them.

The people in line were inconvenienced by the shutting of the gates for an hour. Had the morons not chosen that location to voice their displeasure at others who chose to get the vaccine the gates would not have been shut. Its stressful enough without that crap. The mask part is relevant too, though a separate issue: its illegal to be without a mask in public in this state if you cannot keep six feet away from others not living under the same roof. The pictures showed unmasked protesters close together. That makes them criminals.

I take issue with rank stupidity. And that is what was demonstrated by the protesters on that day. They are idiots. And they tried to force their idiocy on others.

Fact is, they are free to be idiots if they want. Just don't expose others to your lunacy if thats your choice. Protest somewhere else.

The people in line were inconvenienced by the shutting of the gates for an hour. Had the morons not chosen that location to voice their displeasure at others who chose to get the vaccine the gates would not have been shut. Its stressful enough without that crap. The mask part is relevant too, though a separate issue: its illegal to be without a mask in public in this state if you cannot keep six feet away from others not living under the same roof. The pictures showed unmasked protesters close together. That makes them criminals.
Perhaps a minor inconvenience. They waited in line outside the gate, rather than inside. (It's actually arguable, from a covid perspective, that they were safer in their own cars than in the stadium). The fact is, the police and fire department were aware of this, and I'm sure they would have taken earlier action if it was a real problem.

On masks - sure. The police could have issued tickets - and I would have no issue with that. Calling them criminals is a bit extreme for a misdemeanor. However, it's not relevant to the gate closure. I think it was stupid for them not to wear masks - but if they want to be stupid and breath on each other, it's somewhat on them.

I'll give you one more - Freedom of speech sometimes includes the freedom to stay stupid things. It also means there will be times when you are exposed to people saying things that are stupid.

I see nothing wring with her statement. The harm comes from those who are willing to take a politician's word about the effectiveness of any medicine over the word of the experts.
oh. like how some democrats said they wouldn't take any vaccine Trump was involved with?
btw, there are still studies going on that show HCQ reduces hospitalizations and mortality. the idea of using that drug was never based only on Trumps word.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/y...ng-for-fighting-covid-with-hydroxychloroquine
and, it looks like the idea of internal disinfectant (not bleach or lysol because Trump never actually suggested those) is not such a goofy idea afterall.
https://www.docsoutsidethebox.us/po...o-help-with-respiratory-infections-like-covid
https://trendingpolitics.com/trump-...disinfecting-of-people-is-already-being-done/

assuming that those treatments had only limited benefit, I wonder how many lives still could have been saved by their use had they not been demonized.
I remember a democrat politician once saying in regards to a different issue "...If only one life could be saved... "
as the dust settles, it appears that what was more important to the democrats over the last 4 years all along was only to mock, embarrass, attack and assault Trump in every way possible, whether it was true or not.

Dunning–Kruger effect much?

My "ignore" list got a big boost today... :)

I anticipate that at some point some maskless lunatic is going to shout in the face of someone waiting in line for a vaccine injection and get injected with a couple hundred grains of lead. Sane people are very worried about this disease and desperate to get vaccinated. Many have carry permits.

Back
Top Bottom