• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-vaccine protesters temporarily shut down major coronavirus vaccine site at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles

yep. just explain it all away and dismiss it as harmless. pity you can't apply the same treatment consistently.

I see nothing wring with her statement. The harm comes from those who are willing to take a politician's word about the effectiveness of any medicine over the word of the experts.

Is that what you think her comment was about? Really? Seriously?

Yes, from memory as I recall her statement (because I did not revisit the subject)

The challenge with issuing citations here... and they didn't, is that when the police asked the protesters to move, they did. Perhaps they should have asked them earlier.

It's good for everyone that they are now setting up protest zones outside the stadium.

You mean after 45 minutes of interruption and at a place where firefighters were present. The law I posted gives the right to the firefighters to tell a group WITH NO MASKS AND PERMIT to move away from the area (entrance to the facility that provides medical service) and if a person refuses to do so immediately, then that person interferes with the performance of the firemen official duties.

From my previous post

Every person who willfully commits any of the following acts at the burning of a building or at any other time and place where any fireman or firemen or emergency rescue personnel are discharging or attempting to discharge an official duty, is guilty of a misdemeanor:

1. Resists or interferes with the lawful efforts of any fireman or firemen or emergency rescue personnel in the discharge or attempt to discharge an official duty.

So, there is no excuse to let some clowns create such interruption for 45 minutes and the subsequent statement by the LAPD reveals that this became understood.

Last edited:
Nope!
The protesters forced the firefighters.
That's what you want to be true, not what was reported to be true.

No FD cowards, no closure. Onus is on them, not the protestors exercising their constitutional rights. I understand, you want a draconian authoritarian state where any protest you don't like is crushed brutally. Go to China, son.

It is not draconian or authoritarian to make sure that assholes without masks do not approach the entrance of a facility that attracts people who take the pandemic seriously. Go to kindergarden to tell these claims son were children do not understand the meaning of the word "draconian or authoritarian!

The Firefighters were protecting the people who wanted the vaccine from COVidiots...

No COVidiots, no closure.

Thats hard for people like Wayne to understand. I suggest keeping it simple:

We are right
Wayne is wrong

You still haven't answered.
Yes, I have:
We're not talking about the virus, we're talking about the symbol covid is in the minds of people.
While you would use covid to keep people in fear, I would use covid as a symbol of American resilience. Instead of locking everything down and hiding in our homes, we should adopt Germany's example and keep living our lives while a vaccine is developed. If people still want to protest, that's their 1st Amendment right.

Yes, I have:

While you would use covid to keep people in fear, I would use covid as a symbol of American resilience. Instead of locking everything down and hiding in our homes, we should adopt Germany's example and keep living our lives while a vaccine is developed. If people still want to protest, that's their 1st Amendment right.

Blithering...

Simply blithering.

The evidence that you don’t understand what happened is that you seem to think that the police stopped citizens from entering the parking lot for no reason at all. Sorry. Thats just dumb.
You are beating on a straw man there.

The fire department closed the gates to the park grounds. They said why they did it. It's not complicated.

You mean after 45 minutes of interruption and at a place where firefighters were present. The law I posted gives the right to the firefighters to tell a group WITH NO MASKS AND PERMIT to move away from the area (entrance to the facility that provides medical service) and if a person refuses to do so immediately, then that person interferes with the performance of the firemen official duties.

From my previous post

Every person who willfully commits any of the following acts at the burning of a building or at any other time and place where any fireman or firemen or emergency rescue personnel are discharging or attempting to discharge an official duty, is guilty of a misdemeanor:

1. Resists or interferes with the lawful efforts of any fireman or firemen or emergency rescue personnel in the discharge or attempt to discharge an official duty.

So, there is no excuse to let some clowns create such interruption for 45 minutes and the subsequent statement by the LAPD reveals that this became understood.
From the reports, the fire department didn't ask them to move away. They turned it over to the police. I can't answer why the LAPD waited to ask them to move. We do know they didn't have a plan (instructions) for how to deal with protesters at this event. They knew that they knew there was no emergency - there was a long line inside the grounds, and vaccinations would continue uninterrupted. So they probably bounced it up the chain of command.

Protesters outside big events are quite normal, especially in larger cities. They have a right to protest. These weren't being violent. I'm sure the LAPD and LAFD weren't even phased by this small group.

From the reports, the fire department didn't ask them to move away. They turned it over to the police. I can't answer why the LAPD waited to ask them to move. We do know they didn't have a plan (instructions) for how to deal with protesters at this event. They knew that they knew there was no emergency - there was a long line inside the grounds, and vaccinations would continue uninterrupted. So they probably bounced it up the chain of command.

Protesters outside big events are quite normal, especially in larger cities. They have a right to protest. These weren't being violent. I'm sure the LAPD and LAFD weren't even phased by this small group.

No one says they don't have a right to protest.

Their right to be stupid is protected.

It makes no sense to believe that the firemen closed the gates without asking them to move away. It makes more sense to see the late engagement by the LAPD was a result of the failed attempt by the firemen to convince these assholes to move away from the gate. But even if you want to believe your improbable scenario,, the simple fact of no permit together with obstruction of the firemen to execute their duties should have been enough for triggering legal consequences after the LAPD approached them. In short, the authorities were timid and chose to be very cautious with these protesters at the expense of thousands of lawful citizens who were asked to wait and endure the presence of maskless people in the vicinity for no reason

Last edited:
It makes no sense to believe that (firemen closing the gates without asking them to move away). It makes more sense to see the late arrival of the LAPD as a result of the failed attempt by the firemen to convince these assholes to move away. But even if you want to believe your improbable scenario,, the simple fact of no permit together with obstruction of the firemen to execute their duties should have been enough for triggering legal consequences after the LAPD approached them.. The authorities were timid and chose to be very cautious with these protesters at the expense of thousands of lawful citizens who were asked to wait ad endure the presence of maskless people in the vicinity for no reason
Again, I'm looking at the statements from the local officials. If you don't believe them, or think what they said happened is 'improbable' - that's something you will need to deal with. This is a real situation, not a hypothetical that you created.

I'm sure that LAPD and LAFD have far more experience dealing with protesters than you do.

Again, I'm looking at the statements from the local officials. If you don't believe them, or think what they said happened is 'improbable' - that's something you will need to deal with. This is a real situation, not a hypothetical that you created.

I'm sure that LAPD and LAFD have far more experience dealing with protesters than you do.

You are looking at the damage control by the people in charge which triggered also the subsequent statement by the LAPD chief which gave the message that similar actions in the future may lead to arrests and citations. From previous posted link:

Los Angeles Police Chief Michel Moore:

“Going forward, people that are walking in roadways around or confronting individuals attempting to get a vaccine, it’s my expectation and direction, that enforcement will be swift and certain,” Moore said during Tuesday’s Police Commission meeting.

Enforcement may include arrests or citations.

Meanwhile, your view of things leads you to a place where you are incapable of explaining the LAPD actions as you clearly admitted: "I can't answer why the LAPD waited to ask them to move"

Last edited:
Hype killed how many hundreds of thousands?

You're fearmongering again...

The protesters could have been flat-earthers and they still did not break any laws or cause the gate closure.

@Wayne Jr

No. He is counting!
But we know that in MAGA country, counting belongs to high-level math.

Ohh, they did break laws and I even posted one of them. And staging a protest that impeded traffic without first getting a permit was another violation.

Last edited:
You are looking at the damage control by the people in charge which triggered also the subsequent statement by the LAPD chief which gave the message that similar actions in the future may lead to arrests and citations. From previous posted link:

Los Angeles Police Chief Michel Moore:

“Going forward, people that are walking in roadways around or confronting individuals attempting to get a vaccine, it’s my expectation and direction, that enforcement will be swift and certain,” Moore said during Tuesday’s Police Commission meeting.

Enforcement may include arrests or citations.

Meanwhile, your view of things leads you to a place where you are incapable of explaining the LAPD actions as you clearly admitted: "I can't answer why the LAPD waited to ask them to move"
lol -- I can't answer, specifically, why they delayed, because they didn't say, beyond the facts that vaccinations continued inside the complex and were not impacted. We can make an educated guess, which I did, based on the information they did provide. I'm not going to make an unsupported assumption which is contradicted by the reports from the local officials - I'll leave that to you.

I think you missed a good deal of the chief's statements, including that they would designate areas where protesters would be allowed, along with instructions to the police on the scene for how to handle these situations - measures not in place for the incident we are discussing.

@Wayne Jr
But we know that in MAGA country...
On another forum discussing this exact same thing I was JUST accused of having voted for Biden LMAO you people make zero sense :D

Back
Top Bottom