• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anti-Trump Protests Intensify on Morning of Inauguration

I'm hoping for peace as always, but early signs aren't very hopeful about them being peaceful. Previous protests/riots leave me highly doubtful, as do the fact that we've already had multiple instances of violence. The protests have already gone violent, so your expectation of peaceful marches has already been proven to be wrong. It's kind of like standing in the rain all morning and at 12:00 expecting the rain to stop 3 hours ago.

Greetings, faithful_servant. :2wave:

I just watched a video posted on here that showed several demonstrators using what appeared to be metal crowbars to break a bank's windows! Do those simpletons actually think that a bank of all places would not have the latest in surveillance cameras to show who was doing it? Surprising how stupid some people can be... *shaking head in amazement*

Greetings, faithful_servant. :2wave:

I just watched a video posted on here that showed several demonstrators using what appeared to be metal crowbars to break a bank's windows! Do those simpletons actually think that a bank of all places would not have the latest in surveillance cameras to show who was doing it? Surprising how stupid some people can be... *shaking head in amazement*

Not just CCTV, nowadays nearly everyone has a camera in their pocket. A few years ago there was a riot in Vancouver and between CCTV and cell-phone videos and pics they eventually caught and charged everyone involved.

:lamo

Have you even been paying attention to how the left behaved all last year or the recent protests of Trump? What makes you think the "goodness of people" will save the day?

The vast vast majority of people who do not approve of Trump have been peaceful.

I'm hoping for peace as always, but early signs aren't very hopeful about them being peaceful. Previous protests/riots leave me highly doubtful, as do the fact that we've already had multiple instances of violence. The protests have already gone violent, so your expectation of peaceful marches has already been proven to be wrong. It's kind of like standing in the rain all morning and at 12:00 expecting the rain to stop 3 hours ago.

My prediction was for tomorrows marches. I cannot be WRONG as they have not yet happened.

This isn't comparable to The Revolution. This is a bunch whining children complaining about something that they have no idea about. All they know is that they've been told to hate Trump and so they are hating, rioting, destroying private property and breaking the law. This isn't a revolution, it's a temper tantrum. Revolutions fight FOR something, these twits are just fighting against Trump. Their actions improve NOTHING and in fact are ONLY destructive.

If the Britains had as effective of a mind control mechanism as the collectivism of the right wing conservative fauxrage entertainment complex, we probably never have had the American revolution.

I support peaceful protests as does the OP (not to speak for him but I know he in fact does), however, that's neither what we're currently seeing in the streets and on TV, nor is it what this thread is about.

Oh? I was just driving around, out on the streets. No riots. No protests. Some road work, that was kinda obnoxious.

We can find instances of throwing bricks, breaking windows, or other forms of senseless violence 7 days a week. Why is this special? How do we even know politics is involved? They could just be opportunists using the political unrest as a scapegoat.

You are pretty ignorant. the white nationalist "skinhead" was an offshoot in the 80's that was highly sensationalized in the media. They were and remain the far minority.

The irony of this paragraph, in the context of appealing to an offshoot of alleged liberals violent outbursts that are highly sensationalized in the media, but are and remain the far minority, CANNOT, i repeat CANNOT, be overstated.

If the Britains had as effective of a mind control mechanism as the collectivism of the right wing conservative fauxrage entertainment complex, we probably never have had the American revolution.

Do you get scared when you see contrails in the sky and worry about having your mind controlled by Reptilians??

Those protestors breaking the windows are probably part of the 500 or so professional protestor type leftwing anarchists who are either perpetually unemployed / unemployable or working on an advanced degree as a professional "student".

As such, they have a lot of free time on their hands and for many, this is probably their third or more garbled protest they have attended. They also know that any jail time they receive will be nominal, will not affect their future "career" plans and serves as a status symbol for their gang (like inner city street gangs).

In short.... I don't think they care about any cameras

That's right, try to divert the discussion away from the fact that it's the LEFT who are the violent ones in our society. You're doing nothing but defending a bunch of indoctrinated spoiled children who didn't get their way and are now throwing a national temper tantrum. Your only response is to try to shift the conversation away from this ugly truth. It's the left that's violent, not the right. It's the left that stomping on people's rights, not the right. It's the left that's the problem right now, not the right.

The LEFT gave us the American Revolution, the abolishment of slavery, women's suffrage, and the civil rights movement.

You should be thanking them for all the good things they did even on behalf of the those who take it for granted.

/facepalm Am I really expected to give you a basic civics class on what a representative republic is?

LOL i think you mean a representative democracy which is a republic.

Actually, political scientists believe that the US operates as a civil oligarchy. This is made trivially obvious by wealthy Trump winning in opposition to the will of the people.

The demonstrations won't accomplish diddly squat. It's just whining for the sake of whining.

That's not true. Look at all the whiney fauxrage they've provoked out of these people who probably aren't even effected in the slightest.

Do you get scared when you see contrails in the sky and worry about having your mind controlled by Reptilians??

Do you not realize how much influence the media has over the right?

Do you think whining about "left wing media bias" somehow makes you immune to right-leaning media bias?

The LEFT gave us the American Revolution, the abolishment of slavery, women's suffrage, and the civil rights movement.

You should be thanking them for all the good things they did even on behalf of the those who take it for granted.

If that's what you need to tell yourself to step away from the truth, please be my guest. History and truth will continue to differ however.

If that's what you need to tell yourself to step away from the truth, please be my guest. History and truth will continue to differ however.

Freedom isn't free, it's paid for in blood.

Petty vandalism isn't terribly newsworthy, imo.

I know this isn't relevant to this discussion. But i recently started a political blog and i would really appreciate if you all read my posts. I just started it two days ago so I only have two posts but more are to come. I really want to get a discussion going on it. Anyway heres the link dividedcountry.blogspot.com Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom