• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anti-Trump Protests Intensify on Morning of Inauguration

So just to be consistent, those protesting the elections of 2008 and 2012 were protesting the process?

PS...the election of Dump was not democratic, it did not reflect a majority popular vote. But again, the protests are not primarily directed towards the process, it is directed towards Dump, the person. I have no idea why this is so tough for you to understand.

We are not a direct democracy. A direct democracy would be infinitely more corrupt then what we have currently as a system.

They are protesting against Trump who, has been president all of a little over 2 hours and hasn't had any time to implement policy.

I'm completely support their right to protest (even though I think it's useless and hurts the Left more than helps, IMO) but when people start getting violent, that's where I draw the line.

But it's not the government that's causing this. Violent protests happen all the time, and in plenty of other countries.

Those people are just very angry, and they see Trump as the enemy. But like most violent protests, it doesn't help their postion at all. As I mentioned earlier, it just makes them and the Left as a whole look bad.

We need more voices like yours. The message the proestors should be getting from liberal leaders is: "You're NOT helping!!". Instead, we're getting dead silence from them... Here's an idea, you should run for POTUS in 2020!!!

Cherry picked? :lol: You guys go down the middle of cities all over the country and riot every few months or so and somehow the right wing is at fault for cherry picking things. The fact that the left keeps acting violently every few months tells me that the left has a rather serious problem in their ranks with people thinking it is ok to destroy property and assault people.

Do you know the political views of even a single rioter?

Here's what we know: the people who voted for Donald Trump were generally lower educated than those who voted for Hillary Clinton. Low education is associated with increased propensity for crime. In all, i can guess that between 0% and 100% of the rioters actually voted for Trump.

So just to be consistent, those protesting the elections of 2008 and 2012 were protesting the process?

PS...the election of Dump was not democratic, it did not reflect a majority popular vote. But again, the protests are not primarily directed towards the process, it is directed towards Dump, the person. I have no idea why this is so tough for you to understand.

What violent vandalistic protests?

Sure it was. we are a representative republic, not a direct democracy. We use a weighted system of the popular vote of the individual states in this Union to create fair representation for them in the union.

If we did not have this system, you would have states succeed from the union.

What part of what MSNBC is showing right now at 2:32pm Friday January 20th, 2016 is a peaceful protest that you still manage to value?

I value peaceful protests a great deal, and they don't deserve to be implicated by any guilt by association fallacy.

You think the American Revolution was peaceful?

I don't know how to respond to that.

This isn't comparable to The Revolution. This is a bunch whining children complaining about something that they have no idea about. All they know is that they've been told to hate Trump and so they are hating, rioting, destroying private property and breaking the law. This isn't a revolution, it's a temper tantrum. Revolutions fight FOR something, these twits are just fighting against Trump. Their actions improve NOTHING and in fact are ONLY destructive.

Now that's irony...

Skinheads started as an offshoot of working class kids adopting among other things Northern soul, reggae and ska. As well as combining the looks of Jamaican rude boys and the mod culture. Back in the day where I grew up, lower east side of NYC, most of us weren't even white. :lol:

but hey, it was the same media that's been lying to you that's probably tainted your view of a subculture.
Skinheads both in the US and in Britain were and are, by and large, ultra right-wing nationalists. The very few that were part of "Rock Against Racism" were a tiny, enlightened minority. You, do not strike me as a member of the later.

But lets not distract from your implying that your comment is still ironic, you have not shown it as being anything but.

Here's what we know: the people who voted for Donald Trump were generally lower educated than those who voted for Hillary Clinton. Low education is associated with increased propensity for crime. In all, i can guess that between 0% and 100% of the rioters actually voted for Trump.

The chances a pink haired dude with lipstick and a flower hat is a conservative is near zero.

I value peaceful protests a great deal, and they don't deserve to be implicated by any guilt by association fallacy.

I support peaceful protests as does the OP (not to speak for him but I know he in fact does), however, that's neither what we're currently seeing in the streets and on TV, nor is it what this thread is about.

What violent vandalistic protests?
I know, yer suffering from amnesia over how the right reacted to the Negro occupying the White House over the last 8 years...like so many other of your ilk.

Sure it was. we are a representative republic, not a direct democracy.
No, you can't say it was a democratic process....and then reverse that claim.
We use a weighted system of the popular vote of the individual states in this Union to create fair representation for them in the union.
That is not a democratic process, you just reversed.

If we did not have this system, you would have states succeed from the union.
Unsubstantiated, and a distraction from the point.

Skinheads both in the US and in Britain were and are, by and large, ultra right-wing nationalists. The very few that were part of "Rock Against Racism" were a tiny, enlightened minority. You, do not strike me as a member of the later.

But lets not distract from your implying that your comment is still ironic, you have not shown it as being anything but.

You are pretty ignorant. the white nationalist "skinhead" was an offshoot in the 80's that was highly sensationalized in the media. They were and remain the far minority.

What have I EVER posted that would make you think I was a white nationalist, racist or nazi? you really shouldn't lie about people you don't know without any evidence. please link to what gave you that idea.

Oooooor.... are you using the same bigoted mindset you are lamenting here in regards to me. now that's the real irony my man. :lol:

Good grief, if you were this blind over the last 8 years, I can't help you.

Then show me. I've been making this request for MONTHS and haven't gotten anything in response except the piss poor responses of Kansas City and Burns. You think that the riots by the right are so obvious that you call me blind, then show this blind man the riots.

Anti-Trump Protests Intensify on Morning of Inauguration - NBC News

There are all kinds of stories out there regarding anti-Trump protesters insulting, assaulting and generally harassing those who came to witness Trumps inauguration in peace.

This is what happens when government leaders preach an "everybody is a winner" mentality. This is what happens when "participation trophies" become the norm.

Yeah? Here's your "source of light"

Inauguration protests, acts of vandalism, police injured as Donald Trump takes office - CNNPolitics.com

This all sounds a very liberal way to act.

I know, yer suffering from amnesia over how the right reacted to the Negro occupying the White House over the last 8 years...like so many other of your ilk.

I don't recall that. I do recall a handfull of extremists that were used to claim everyone who said something not praising Obama was a racist. I do remember that.

Note your lack of evidence. concession accepted.

No, you can't say it was a democratic process....and then reverse that claim. That is not a democratic process, you just reversed.

We have a popular vote in each state, which then is weighted to not give all the power to LA and NYC, so that all of the people are represented. Why is this so difficult for you?

Unsubstantiated, and a distraction from the point.

Common sense.

To what purpose would Idaho want to stay in the union if all representation was stripped away from it?

Have you ever read the writings of our founding fathers? You seem rather ignorant on the subject.

That's right, try to divert the discussion away from the fact that it's the LEFT who are the violent ones in our society. You're doing nothing but defending a bunch of indoctrinated spoiled children who didn't get their way and are now throwing a national temper tantrum. Your only response is to try to shift the conversation away from this ugly truth. It's the left that's violent, not the right. It's the left that stomping on people's rights, not the right. It's the left that's the problem right now, not the right.

Anti-Trump Protests Intensify on Morning of Inauguration - NBC News

There are all kinds of stories out there regarding anti-Trump protesters insulting, assaulting and generally harassing those who came to witness Trumps inauguration in peace.

This is what happens when government leaders preach an "everybody is a winner" mentality. This is what happens when "participation trophies" become the norm.

Yeah? Here's your "source of light"

Inauguration protests, acts of vandalism, police injured as Donald Trump takes office - CNNPolitics.com

:monkey

donald-trump-tweets-2012-1478856552.jpg

Um, if it was a democracy, we wouldn't have a president. If the president was elected by democratic principles, we'd have a female president right now.

/facepalm Am I really expected to give you a basic civics class on what a representative republic is?

You are pretty ignorant.
That is a violation of forum rules.
the white nationalist "skinhead" was an offshoot in the 80's that was highly sensationalized in the media. They were and remain the far minority.
Pointless, the point was if they are an isolated thin-skinned group incapable of accepting outside POV's.

What have I EVER posted that would make you think I was a white nationalist, racist or nazi?
I just said that using a skinhead avatar is a clue, as is the alt-right use of "snowflake", as is the amnesia over right wing attacks on the Negro.....shall I go on?
you really shouldn't lie about people you don't know without any evidence. please link to what gave you that idea.
It is in plain sight.

Oooooor.... are you using the same bigoted mindset you are lamenting here in regards to me. now that's the real irony my man. :lol:
You mean, I'm biased against right-wingers? Sure....but I'm not ironically labeling groups that exhibit the same characteristics. Thats the point.

This is getting ridiculous. Trump was elected. End of story.

Greetings, PoS. :2wave:

:thumbs: It's been two months and counting since people voted, and what have they accomplished so far? Every legal avenue has been tried to find a mistake - recounting votes in several States; attacking the Constitution that made the same rules for everyone to adhere to; trying to bribe electors to change their votes; and more, with the same result - Trump still won! They aren't going to change anything, so what are the demonstrations supposed to accomplish? My question is serious because I am truly puzzled!

We need more voices like yours. The message the proestors should be getting from liberal leaders is: "You're NOT helping!!". Instead, we're getting dead silence from them... Here's an idea, you should run for POTUS in 2020!!!

Maybe, if they end up lowering the eligibility age that is. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom