• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-Russian bias in NYT

Putin, and the Russian people are a mixed bag.

I wonder where they will be after Putin leaves this earth.

Both the Russian and Ukrainian people need to unite against their respective governments and give the finger to the men who claim to have authority over them.

There is some difference. The people of Russia now very strongly support the power. The people of Ukraine mainly hate the power.

The Russian government propagandizes friendship with the Ukrainian peoples. The Ukrainian governments accuses the Russian peoples of any sins what it can only think up and conducts active anti-Russian promotion.

In Russia nobody kills the pro-Ukrainian activists. In Ukraine the pro-Russian politicians and journalists are just killed.

There is some difference. The people of Russia now very strongly support the power. The people of Ukraine mainly hate the power.

The Russian government propagandizes friendship with the Ukrainian peoples. The Ukrainian governments accuses the Russian peoples of any sins what it can only think up and conducts active anti-Russian promotion.

In Russia nobody kills the pro-Ukrainian activists. In Ukraine the pro-Russian politicians and journalists are just killed.

I disagree, I think any and all forms of government should be held accountable if something doesn't add-up, considering the fact that they have the 'power' (since we like that word today) to cover **** up, spin stories, disappear people and... well... considering the size of Russia's military... apply pressure to neighboring governments and the political platforms indicative therein.

I believe you are correct about the Russophobia, however. But, I believe this Anti-Russian sentiment (not just rampant in Ukraine, but other places as well, particularly here in the United States) is being disseminated on purpose by the Kremlin to justify further military interventionism.

Notice how there was never any direct confrontation between the US/NATO and the Soviet Union/WarPac during the Cold War? We're being lied to by our respective governments, and they are intent on aggressive historical revisionism.

Last edited:
I wonder where they will be after Putin leaves this earth.

It is one of the reasons of the highest popularity of Putin in Russia. People don't see anybody now in political arena who could replace him.

The opposition in Russia is very primitive today. Their main slogan — everything that does to Puting it badly. As, objectively, despite a set of shortcomings, the present power does a lot of good, the opposition looks foolishly, disproving these achievements.

In Russia there is a corruption? — Badly! The power is corrupted!

Russia fights against corruption? — Badly! Free business is suppressed!

In Russia not all military equipment modern? — Putin can't even provide army with modern equipment!

The army begins to be updated? — Putin conducts an aggressive policy!

Russia has given the Crimea to Ukraine — have thrown millions of Russians abroad!

Russia has received the Crimea — disgusting Putin annexation!

Have constructed the new spaceport? — Have thrown out money for unnecessary scrap metal!

If haven't constructed the new spaceport — would say that again the power has plundered everything so there is no money for space.

And so on...

Main opposition problem - its a destructive rather than a constructive basis. The opposition does not want to build a better Russian than it builds Putin. The opposition wants to destroy Putin.

Russia has experienced what the attempts to destroy the building without a clear future plans, and in 1917 and 1991. And very clearly I saw that it could happen if the opposition comes to the example of Ukraine.

This eventually united the people, completely disorganized opposition.

No one wants to go for those who want only to destroy the old, rather than build a new one.

Notice how there was never any direct confrontation between the US/NATO and the Soviet Union/WarPac during the Cold War?

If to understand direct military operations as confrontation — they are absent and isn't expected and today. If to consider the word "confrontation" as in Russian, the intense relations — they were always.

We're being lied to by our respective governments, and they are intent on aggressive historical revisionism.

I don't know, than it is caused, but in Russia after revolution of the 1917 the negative image of any separate nation or the people was never propagandized. Charges were brought against the governments, against classes — but not against people in general.

In the 1942r when Germans stood near Moscow and the country sustained the hardest losses from Germany, the bloody tyrant Stalin in the order of a national commissariat of Defense against February 23, 1942 wrote: But it would be ridiculous to identify Hitler's clique with the German people, with the German state. Experience of history says that gitler come and leave, and the people German, and the state German remains.

This goverment relation remained always. The same Americans in the Russian movies were never shown any villains or savages. Capitalists, presidents, oligarchs — yes. But not simple Americans.

And now look what represent Russians in the American movies :) Now Ukraine also begins to play the same game...

Today's NYT has the small headline "US investigating claims of doping by the Russians".

Of course there is NO investigation of failure of the government to comply with the War Powers Act, NO investigation of Turkey's or Saudi's numerous belligerent acts, NO investigation of any crimes committed by US administrations including drone strikes against innocents all over the world, but by golly the US is going to investigate claims of doping by the Russians.

And the NYT dutifully prints another piece of propaganda with bias. :roll:

You really do not know about the presence of US military trainers in the Ukraine?

Amerikanskie_instruktory.JPG

1621834.jpg

241-074.jpg

maxresdefault%20(5).jpg

Lvov_03.jpg

I know this will come as a big shock to you, you being Russian, but the Ukraine is an independent country and can have whoever the hell they want as trainers for their army. You don't own them any more. Get over it.

Today's NYT has the small headline "US investigating claims of doping by the Russians".

Of course there is NO investigation of failure of the government to comply with the War Powers Act, NO investigation of Turkey's or Saudi's numerous belligerent acts, NO investigation of any crimes committed by US administrations including drone strikes against innocents all over the world, but by golly the US is going to investigate claims of doping by the Russians.

And the NYT dutifully prints another piece of propaganda with bias. :roll:

You sure it was the US Army? You've swallowed the Russian propaganda and the left drivel so well it's hard to believe.

No, you just kill Ukrainians in Ukraine. Very sporting of you.

Sorry for no link, but today's NYT prints a smaller headline, "Russia bolsters its sub fleet, raising tensions" and the story goes on to say how the US Navy must respond to this fact.

Nowhere does the story mention any US or NATO encroachment upon any Russian borders which also raises tensions in Russia, and has been ongoing for years or decades now.

Whassup with that bias by NYT, that incomplete and out of context reporting?

I don't believe the US or NATO are encroaching on Russian borders, and I am inclined to scoff at your likely specious claim.

It is one of the reasons of the highest popularity of Putin in Russia. People don't see anybody now in political arena who could replace him.

The opposition in Russia is very primitive today. Their main slogan — everything that does to Puting it badly. As, objectively, despite a set of shortcomings, the present power does a lot of good, the opposition looks foolishly, disproving these achievements.

In Russia there is a corruption? — Badly! The power is corrupted!

Russia fights against corruption? — Badly! Free business is suppressed!

In Russia not all military equipment modern? — Putin can't even provide army with modern equipment!

The army begins to be updated? — Putin conducts an aggressive policy!

Russia has given the Crimea to Ukraine — have thrown millions of Russians abroad!

Russia has received the Crimea — disgusting Putin annexation!

Have constructed the new spaceport? — Have thrown out money for unnecessary scrap metal!

If haven't constructed the new spaceport — would say that again the power has plundered everything so there is no money for space.

And so on...

Main opposition problem - its a destructive rather than a constructive basis. The opposition does not want to build a better Russian than it builds Putin. The opposition wants to destroy Putin.

Russia has experienced what the attempts to destroy the building without a clear future plans, and in 1917 and 1991. And very clearly I saw that it could happen if the opposition comes to the example of Ukraine.

This eventually united the people, completely disorganized opposition.

No one wants to go for those who want only to destroy the old, rather than build a new one.

I am curious if you consider Putin to be a fascist?

I know this will come as a big shock to you, you being Russian, but the Ukraine is an independent country

For you will become shock, but I know that Ukraine — the independent country. Also, as for you there will be shock and an independence of DPR(DNR) and LPR(LNR).

Ukraine in the 1991 year has gained independence because of collapse of the USSR. DPR(DNR) and LPR(LNR) have received independence in the 2014 because of disintegration of Ukraine.

You haven't understood the beginning of a tred. My comments belonged not to a question, Ukraine can or not use the help of military instructors of the USA. I answered an assessment of information on military instructors of the USA in Ukraine with "the Russian propaganda".

You sure it was the US Army? You've swallowed the Russian propaganda and the left drivel so well it's hard to believe.

I never claimed it was the US Army, and did not get that impression from the headline, which I quoted. Did not read the story, was just alluding to the headline, a typical western media headline demonizing Russia. Get it?

Who said anything about US Army besides you?

I would like anybody to define fascism.

I tend to agree with Mussolini on the subject--another word for it is corporatism, in which the official actions of the government benefit corporations. When those corporations profit from war, anticipate eternal war. Just what Ike warned about IMO.

When the government is effectively controlled by corporations, and funds from the public treasury are directed to projects that benefit certain corporations, and government policy, we have fascism.

I would like anybody to define fascism.

I tend to agree with Mussolini on the subject--another word for it is corporatism, in which the official actions of the government benefit corporations. When those corporations profit from war, anticipate eternal war. Just what Ike warned about IMO.

When the government is effectively controlled by corporations, and funds from the public treasury are directed to projects that benefit certain corporations, and government policy, we have fascism.

I use a dictionary for my definitions, not Mussolini.

And so my Webster's II from 1994 defines it thusly:

A philosophy or governmental system marked by stringent socioeconomic control, a strong central government usually headed by a dictator, and often a belligerently nationalistic policy. 2. Oppressive , dictatorial control.

Also 'fascistic'

Some of that sounds like the US of A today.

I don't believe the US or NATO are encroaching on Russian borders, and I am inclined to scoff at your likely specious claim.

Nobody who is not swallowing Kremlin propaganda hook line and sinker believes it either. Apparently to those folks nations that were enslaved by the Russians for 40 years after the Second World War are being belligerent if they ask allies to make sure the Russian tanks don't roll over the border once again.

A philosophy or governmental system marked by stringent socioeconomic control, a strong central government usually headed by a dictator, and often a belligerently nationalistic policy. 2. Oppressive , dictatorial control.

Also 'fascistic'

Then leave. Please. North Korea sounds like the ideal spot for you. I'll bet they'd love you there.

I never claimed it was the US Army, and did not get that impression from the headline, which I quoted. Did not read the story, was just alluding to the headline, a typical western media headline demonizing Russia. Get it?

Who said anything about US Army besides you?

Actually you claimed to have served in the US Army in post #48. Were you lying, or does 'Uncle Sam's Army' mean something different to you? Get the story of your history straight.

Then leave. Please. North Korea sounds like the ideal spot for you. I'll bet they'd love you there.

They will not catch me dead, in North Korea, no way. :cool:

Also 'fascistic'

Only to a Putinista.

They will not catch me dead, in North Korea, no way. :cool:

Oh come on, you'd love it there. They hate America about as much as you do. Hell, they might make you an honorary citizen.

Back
Top Bottom