• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-government critic Bachmann chides Obama for not ‘commandeering’ boats ...

The administration, they were hands off. They didn’t do anything. Where were the boats that could have been commandeered by the government to be sent into this region to deal with that oil plume as it was coming up in the water and destroying marine life? Nowhere to be found.

I found them!

screenshot20100604at230.png

Link

Seriously, there are plenty of non-government resources being utilized. Fishing boats to skim oil are just one example

Yep, I'm sure you can google up lot's of lefty sites that slam Bachmann... just as I can google plenty of right wing sites that claim Obama and Franken are just as bad.

Doesn't prove much does it?

Not sites, my 'slightly' conservative, friend.

Newspaper articles, from papers in her district. She's got herself in some hot water.

Not sites, my 'slightly' conservative, friend.

Newspaper articles, from papers in her district. She's got herself in some hot water.

Then I suggest you quote these "newspaper articles" next time instead of a radical left wing web site.

Then I suggest you quote these "newspaper articles" next time instead of a radical left wing web site.

How does the political lean of the site change the FACTS in the article?

oops, you didn't even read. :slapme:

What, are you scared to find out what piece of crap person she is?:sinking:

The GOP/Tea Party is condemning the US Government – the Obama Administration – for NOT seizing private property.

:doh

You can't make this stuff up.

He could have at least attempted to rent private boats, but he didn't even do that. But, hey, he couldn't let this spill get cleaned up too quick. Could he?

He could have at least attempted to rent private boats, but he didn't even do that.

:roll:

DHR: Vessels of Opportunity Program

As part of BP's response to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, the Vessels of Opportunity (VOO) program was designed and implemented to provide local boat operators an opportunity to assist with response activities, including transporting supplies, assisting wildlife rescue and deploying containment and sorbent boom.

Vessels of Opportunity pays boat captains $1,200 to $3,000 per day depending on the size of the vessel, and deckhands are paid $200 per day while they are under contract. BP has issued approximately 2000 of these contracts.

But, hey, he couldn't let this spill get cleaned up too quick. Could he?

What are you implying?

:roll:

Vessels of Opportunity pays boat captains $1,200 to $3,000 per day depending on the size of the vessel, and deckhands are paid $200 per day while they are under contract. BP has issued approximately 2000 of these contracts.
Those boats commandeered by Jefferson Parish that someone was talking about in another thread were BP's under this program. Problem was that they weren't doing anything, just sitting there. Someone noticed, put them to work.

What are you implying?

I think it's called paranoia...LOL

What are you implying?

Hey who needs to have facts or actually know something about what's going on if you can land another punch at Obama with Zero facts or evidence. I mean come on now, Republicans have an election to win in November, not offer anything constructive to the conversation ;)

:2wave:

Hello neighbor! The dichotomy of living in the 6th CD and having Batcrap Crazy Bachmann as a Rep, but having a brilliant Senator like Al Franken is indeed, fascinating.

What a freakin' embarrassment to us all.
You are correct on both Bachmann and Franken. Bachmann encouraged her constituents not to fill out their Census form and she's a major follower of Glenn Beck.

If you remember Sen. Franken had a major piece of legislation dealing with rape and contractors.

How does the political lean of the site change the FACTS in the article?

oops, you didn't even read. :slapme:

What, are you scared to find out what piece of crap person she is?:sinking:

I did read it, but you obviously did not, as usual. The article you are hanging your hat on is a hit piece, nothing more nothing less. There are no "FACTS" in it.

I'd be embarrassed too if I had Franken as my Senator. My condolences.

Who are your Senators?

"The Derby City" could refer to a several places. One in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom