• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-choicers: What is your plan for billions of unwanted babies?

Do you guys feel at all gross talking about an unborn baby like some kind of virus that magically appeared in the mother’s body through no fault of her own?

Of course not because everyone knows there is no such thing as an unborn baby and whatever the dad did is never the mom's fault.

It takes two to tango. I didn’t mean to assign all blame to the woman.
Do you guys feel at all gross talking about an unborn baby like some kind of virus that magically appeared in the mother’s body through no fault of her own?
This was post I responded to .
And yes , you did imply that an unplanned pregnancy was the woman’s fault.

And it just appears magically out of nowhere. So tragic and it must be destroyed.
Feeble sarcasm doesn't do anything to buttress your point. "Magically" or otherwise, it doesn't matter how it appears. An unborn fetus has no identity as a person, so it has no rights as a person. Nothing tragic about it.

That is not a typo. If abortion was illegal except for maternal health emergencies, over 2 billion unwanted babies would be born in a country with 330 million people. That is in addition to all the unwanted kids who are homeless or on an adoption waiting list, including a huge number of babies, so it is never and never has been an option to solve the problem. Tell me your solution that does not involve putting babies in foster homes where they get bounced around from one family to another.
I would rather take care of those babies than illegals who destroyed their country.

Cancer treatments like chemo can destroy cancerous cells, helping to put the cancer in remission. It might return, but it's not guaranteed. Not every cell will become cancerous. Of course, there are other factors to consider with cancer, such as carcinogenic exposure or family history of cancer.
Chemotherapy does as much damage to healthy cells as it does to cancer cells. In order to “cure” cancer you’d have to kill every single cancer cell. The challenge for medical science is how to do that without killing the patient by also killing healthy cells. The best any patient can reasonably hope for is that enough cancer cells are killed to provide a temporary extension on life. That’s what remission is.

Feeble sarcasm doesn't do anything to buttress your point. "Magically" or otherwise, it doesn't matter how it appears. An unborn fetus has no identity as a person, so it has no rights as a person. Nothing tragic about it.
You guys are gross.

And it just appears magically out of nowhere. So tragic and it must be destroyed.
It is very tragic when a wanted pregnancy is miscarried or a wanted pregnancy takes a unforeseen turn for the worse and the fetus has catastrophic fetal defect or the woman’s life/long term health is put at risk.

Those cases I will agree are tragedies.

Early elective abortions are more of relief for the pregnant woman.

WHen you use the word 2 billion you are talking like 2000 years of around 1 million babies not being aborted

Think of the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas." Your true love did not give you one partridge in a pear tree. She gave you 12. She did not give you two turtle doves. She gave you 22. When you count the kids who are still waiting for homes - not just the babies who are born each year - it is a lot more than 10 million unwanted kids waiting for homes by the time this year's babies are 10 years old. This is not including twins BTW.

That was not my intention.

I am glad that I called you on it and that you were able to admit it was not your intention.

Far too many pro life males who post on this forum are quick to blame women saying she should keep her legs closed , etc.

It is very tragic when a wanted pregnancy is miscarried or a wanted pregnancy takes a unforeseen turn for the worse and the fetus has catastrophic fetal defect or the woman’s life/long term health is put at risk.

Those cases I will agree are tragedies.

Early elective abortions are more of relief for the pregnant woman.
I’m sure I’m coming off as a huge pro-lifer here, but to be honest I’m not. I’m no fan of abortion and my views changed when I had kids of my own and went to all those appointments with my wife, but I don’t take a hardline stance. The exception I take is the way you guys talk about it. It’s so gross.

Think of the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas." Your true love did not give you one partridge in a pear tree. She gave you 12. She did not give you two turtle doves. She gave you 22. When you count the kids who are still waiting for homes - not just the babies who are born each year - it is a lot more than 10 million unwanted kids waiting for homes by the time this year's babies are 10 years old. This is not including twins BTW.
Good grief would you just own the ridiculous math error.

I would rather take care of those babies than illegals who destroyed their country.

Nobody is adopting babies who entered the country illegally

If a pregnant immigrant delivers her baby in the United States, the child is automatically an American citizen.

I am glad that I called you on it and that you were able to admit it was not your intention.

Far too many pro life males who post on this forum are quick to blame women saying she should keep her legs closed , etc.
I am not admitting anything. You interpreted something I said in a way other than I intended. Or rather, you drew an inference to generate an argument and make the point you just did:
"Far too many pro life males who post on this forum are quick to blame women saying she should keep her legs closed , etc."

nothing you just said changes the facts of how math works and that your op isn't even close to reality in any way whatsoever, hence why people right, left, center, prochoice and prolife are mocking it for that point.
using the number 2 billion is tinfoil hat nuttery

the proper question that makes sense is what do they plan to do about the 600-900K more unwanted babies a year or arent aborted

So sorry you don’t understand it is not the woman’s fault the vast majority of time an unplanned pregnancy happens since 92 percent of women use birth control consistently when they do not want to become pregnant.

Perhaps you should blame the unexpected pregnancy on the male since he only uses a condom consistently 19 percent of the time.

And a lot of condoms break when used perfectly. All of the effective contraception methods are used by women. That is why I always say, "Never punish the mom for what the dad did." It is never her fault his contraception failed.

Back
Top Bottom