• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-choicers: What is your plan for billions of unwanted babies?

In France the mother gets 1 year with the baby, pay and guaranteed her job back. I forget how long the father gets.

That is how it should be. All children need everything only a biological mother and her only husband can provide

I suppose different companies have different rules regarding maternity leave. But being fired for taking maternity leave seems like something that might run afoul of the law.

Actually , having no compassion for expectant parents who are making a hard decision to care for the child/children who are already born and a pregnancy they can not afford should Not be considered as being pro- life.

In the following <SNIP> a women with 5 children tells of her struggles to try to raise money for an abortion when her husband was laid off his job during the last recession and she found out she was expecting again.

Because they love their children very much they decided she needed an abortion. She sold her wedding ring and other items but still did not have enough to pay the abortion so she aked for help funding the abortion:

Here is a <SNIP> from her story.
Sonia has 5 kids and her husband was just laid off.

Fund Abortion.now :

…………..

I love my big family...and I love my children too much to have another baby right now.
My husband and I have five children. We love kids and we love having a big family. But when my husband got laid off from his contractor job, having a big family got really hard.

When I found out I was pregnant again, it was terrifying. We love the idea of another child -- but we love the children we have too much to add that kind of stress to our family right now.

I'm only working part-time and I couldn't get maternity leave, so I might not be able to keep my job with another little one. I hated that we had to make this decision, but it turned out that making the decision was the easiest part. Because then we had to find the money to pay for an abortion.

We started taking stuff to the pawn shop: our vacuum cleaner, my wedding ring, our family television, the old desktop computer. When that wasn't enough, we took my husband's tools and his drills.

That was the hardest trip. My husband's been trying to pick up construction work. Without his tools or his drills, there's hardly anyone who'll hire him.

And after all that, we were short on what we needed. But the woman at the clinic gave us the name of an abortion fund.

An abortion fund. Who knew, right?

They gave us what we needed.

And when I broke down on the phone and admitted that we didn't even have gas money to get to the clinic, they helped us with that, too.

So now I pay the pawn shop every month to keep our things -- my wedding ring and my husband's tools are the only ones we can afford to pay on. And if you miss a month, the payment is doubled from then on. So we're stuck in this cycle. We'll be paying for this abortion for a long time.

But the panic is gone. The rest of it, well...we'll figure it out. We'll do whatever we have to do to take care of our family.

-Sonia has 5 kids and her husband was just laid off. | Fund Abortion Now.org-

I am glad you feel fortunate.
I would add that you are a good debater and you have have made many DP friends .
That is kind of you to say. I think you are one of the best debaters here. In fact, this site has many good debaters.

Back
Top Bottom