• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another Original Klingon Passes Away.....Michael Ansara

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
This guy was always a good Supporting Actor.....was even married to Barbra Eden back in the day. Indeed back when I Dream of Jeannie was Smoking Hot. I always thought he was Mexican Indian. Didn't know he was Syrian. R.I.P. Commander Kang. Plak Kaplar!

Michael Ansara, actor behind Klingon leader Kang, dies at 91

130803174718-01-michael-ansara---restricted-horizontal-gallery.jpg

He struck an imposing figure as Kang, the villainous Klingon commander who struck fears in the hearts of the federation.

The man who played Kang in three iterations of "Star Trek," Michael Ansara, has died, according to his former agent

He was born in a small village in Syria, arriving in the United States with his American parents at the age of two, according to a biography provided by Druxman.

Having entered college in Los Angeles intending to be a doctor, he went into acting instead. His breakout role came as Cochise in the 1950s TV series "Broken Arrow."

Other small-screen roles included in parts in such shows as "The Untouchables," "Alfred Hitchcock Presents," "Perry Mason, "Lost in Space," "Hawaii 5-0," "Murder She Wrote," "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" and his ex-wife's show, "I Dream of Jeannie." Ansara also voiced Mr. Freeze in Batman movies and the TV series.

Ansara's film credits include 1953's "Julius Caesar," "The Greatest Story Ever Told," John Wayne's "The Comancheros," "Guns of the Magnificent Seven," "The Bears and I," "The Message" and "The Guns and the Fury.".....snip~

Michael Ansara, actor behind Klingon leader Kang, dies - CNN.com

Back
Top Bottom