• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another myth bites the dust

Yeah, the Russians have brought it back. They're ahead of the curve. :lol:
Oh Noes....

Now the conspiracy theorists will claim they fired up the Russian Woodpecker again...

Where's the evidence that the sun affects temperature?
What do you think would happen to the earths temperature if there was no sun?

You're missing the point.

The authors of the study are trying to correct Taylor's misinterpretation of their study. Part of it is that the authors are saying that "the majority of people in our polling group do, in fact, believe humans are causing some, if not all, of the global warming.

Then all they need to do is prove this is happening and how and exactly how much of the causation can be laid at the feet of Man and why the combined causes from all sources have allowed cooling to occur over the last decade.

That is all around us and can be observed empirically and measured with devices.

The evidence of the 3% contribution of CO2 to the overall by Man is just a tad harder to quantify. What makes it even harder is that we are currently cooling and have been for more than a decade.

I don't know about where you're from, but where I live the more sun there is, the warmer it is.

Okay, as much as I hate picking on an unfortunate, I just can't let this go...

That bright yellow ball you see in the sky when it's not hidden by clouds during the day time? Well that's the Sun God, when he get's angry he gives us sunburns and droughts and starts forest fires. Best not antagonize him lest you face his wrath.. Kneel before Ra!!!!

Okay, I'm confused now. Do I stock up on ice-cubes for the impending global heatwave or not?

Don't listen to them. The sun doesn't affect the temperature. Nothing so small could possibly produce that much heat.

Okay, as much as I hate picking on an unfortunate, I just can't let this go...

That bright yellow ball you see in the sky when it's not hidden by clouds during the day time? Well that's the Sun God, when he get's angry he gives us sunburns and droughts and starts forest fires. Best not antagonize him lest you face his wrath.. Kneel before Ra!!!!
I though Daniel and Jack killed Ra...

Don't listen to them. The sun doesn't affect the temperature. Nothing so small could possibly produce that much heat.
LOL...

I hope you're being sarcastic.

I though Daniel and Jack killed Ra...

Ah good point..Stargate. Well then, he may continue on and not worry about that burning ball of gas that doesn't effect the temperature of this planet at all.. Nope not one bit...Obviously some other god now warms this planet, maybe it's Al Gore..

Ah good point..Stargate. Well then, he may continue on and not worry about that burning ball of gas that doesn't effect the temperature of this planet at all.. Nope not one bit...Obviously some other god now warms this planet, maybe it's Al Gore..
Maybe so. There aren't too many so full of hot air.

Back
Top Bottom