• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another example of woke gone mad

Of course. You love freedom unlike all libtards.
Not a term I would use, but in general, yes, I often find the left's policies lack any commitment to individual liberty. They so often seem to be rooted in state-enforced behavior.

Wow. That almost sounds like he thinks Trumpers can be programmed.

They ought to start a rightwing cable propaganda outlet and stick the word "News" on it somewhere.

Then talking heads (some who used to wear bowties) could shout "CRT! Hate liberals! Teaching it in schools everywhere! CRT!"... and stuff like that.

Just an idea.
Here's a better idea. Do your homework and stop relying on talking points that sound as if they've come from MSNBC and the other members of your "right-wing" media.

I agree. Wokism is like a religion in that you are in the clique, the cult, the group. You cannot stray from the tribe or will be canceled. Centuries ago, straying meant being banished to the wilderness at a minimum or death. Today, with the advent of the internet it is being canceled by social media which then makes you a pariah and silenced, effectively killing you.

Killing or banning their opponents was what kings, queens, Catholics and Muslims, and tribal leaders did. Humanity hasn't changed except with the method they use to destroy their opponents.

My main point being, when you subscribe to the extreme of an ideology the only real way to distance yourself from others (even your own) is to create a series of litmus tests. And those tests can be edited / added to at will of those in the clique.

Being ”woke” is a series of litmus tests designed, exclusively, to be with us or against us determinations.

AOC or Sanders supporters love the idea, but so do others extremes that are arguably right leaning.

But on this subject being woke about privilege does not mean that person is doing something about the social and/or economic consequences of long term systemic divisions. It just means vilifying those who disagree. Being woke about racial tensions and this nations history of racial divisions does not mean that person is doing something to advocate for changes in how we relate to one another or even apply just basic empathy. It just means vilifying those who disagree. I could go on.

It is easy to argue that between liberal college campuses and this woke ideology the far left has wedged itself into a corner where they have no choice but to vilify everyone in an attempt to control them.

Hence my comment pages ago, being “woke” is about empowering very few and controlling everyone else.

Not a term I would use, but in general, yes, I often find the left's policies lack any commitment to individual liberty. They so often seem to be rooted in state-enforced behavior.
Are issues of equal protection and simply accepting people for who they are examples of "state enforced behavior?" While I am not suggesting you are either a racist or a sexist, you know the conservatives of the time made the same complaints about the civil rights movement, equal rights movement, women's lib movements.

Your broad comment about individual liberty seems equally misplaced. It's just that the individual liberties the left cherishes are likely not the same as the right. The mindset of the right is to elevate the right to bear arms above all else for example. Obviously the left does not.

My main point being, when you subscribe to the extreme of an ideology the only real way to distance yourself from others (even your own) is to create a series of litmus tests. And those tests can be edited / added to at will of those in the clique.

Being ”woke” is a series of litmus tests designed, exclusively, to be with us or against us determinations.

AOC or Sanders supporters love the idea, but so do others extremes that are arguably right leaning.

But on this subject being woke about privilege does not mean that person is doing something about the social and/or economic consequences of long term systemic divisions. It just means vilifying those who disagree. Being woke about racial tensions and this nations history of racial divisions does not mean that person is doing something to advocate for changes in how we relate to one another or even apply just basic empathy. It just means vilifying those who disagree. I could go on.

It is easy to argue that between liberal college campuses and this woke ideology the far left has wedged itself into a corner where they have no choice but to vilify everyone in an attempt to control them.

Hence my comment pages ago, being “woke” is about empowering very few and controlling everyone else.
Very good post. Control of others is the key. When you are able to do that and do that, then you gain power and the money that goes along with it as well as protection from the crowd you have convinced to believe you. Kings, queens, warlords, and despots throughout history have skillfully used the identical tactics used by the "woke" crowd today to gain support for their evil, whether it be a small tribe in the jungle killing off another tribe, or Christians and Muslims killing off each other in the name of their "God".

I just read an article the other day about Nadler vehemently disagreeing with Schiff and Pelosi on the impeachment(s) not allowing Trump to cross-examine witnesses and that it would be unconstitutional and wrong and the people wouldn't tolerate it. We know who won that battle. Pelosi and Schiff wanted to "kill" Trump at any and all costs and it continues today with the 1-6 hearings. Why? Because they need to keep their control of the populace which then gives them money and power.

Unfortunately this is the way the world operates.

Speak to the evidence he presented. What evidence do you have that it is false? Also, what about the NEA vote and Pathways framework I cited?
Read his own damn words! His own words are direct evidence the CRT outrage is purposely manufactured BS.

I voted for Biden because I believed (and continue to believe) Trump is unqualified for the office.

I put character above politics. How about you?
I don't even have any politics. Character is just about all I have to decide my vote.

No, they are not. Nor do his words speak to the NEA vote I cited nor the Pathways math framework I cited.

I think you're the one pushing BS here.
Only in 2022 could you quote an individual *verbatim* -- and have it called fake news. I will look at NEA/Pathways and get back to you.
You can't do better than first person sources, though

Here's a better idea. Do your homework and stop relying on talking points that sound as if they've come from MSNBC and the other members of your "right-wing" media.
I got an A+++ on all my homework. How did you do?

Nah. I've said no such thing. I've asked you for examples of CRT being taught in our schools, especially widespread ones.

I wish you would present some.
You won't see any "CRT in use" examples because they don't exist. It's a manufactured boogie man designed to support racism.

You won't see any "CRT in use" examples because they don't exist. It's a manufactured boogie man designed to support racism.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the case. Rightwing media controls a lot of minds.

Back
Top Bottom