• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AND YOU WANT MY GUNS???

You keep believing that.
They have a use for them. You don't. Slaughter of kids and unnecessary deaths to satisfy your ego, is not a sign of a civilised society. In fact, the opposite.

See? There's the fantasy I was talking about. Imagining you even have the perception-let alone the authority-to determine what someone else has need for.

You keep believing that.
They have a use for them. You don't. Slaughter of kids and unnecessary deaths to satisfy your ego, is not a sign of a civilised society. In fact, the opposite.
I don't care what you say. I have them, you cannot do a damn thing about it. And every year more and more Americans own them. Your fear of them is humorous. But again, there's not a damn thing you can do about it. And it wouldn't be the army seizing them. It would be some cops cheered on by gun banners. I don't think we have much to worry about, assuming the courts actually put up with such stupidity

See? There's the fantasy I was talking about. Imagining you even have the perception-let alone the authority-to determine what someone else has need for.
I love the worship of the police. it's rather amusing. As long as there are people who want to tell others what they need or what they cannot have, freedom loving Americans need to be well armed

Again, you have no need for an assault rifle. It's pure tough guy Rambo rubbish. You have never used a gun for the purpose it was made or the reason you give for keeping them. Hunting , protection, tyranny in the WH. Rubbish. There's the fantasy.
I have no authority to assess anything other than my opinion.
If you don't like that, get a ticket, line up and kiss my butt.

I don't care what you say. I have them, you cannot do a damn thing about it. And every year more and more Americans own them. Your fear of them is humorous. But again, there's not a damn thing you can do about it. And it wouldn't be the army seizing them. It would be some cops cheered on by gun banners. I don't think we have much to worry about, assuming the courts actually put up with such stupidity

I don't care if you have a container full of them. Good for you and your ego.
I have no fear of guns. It's the loopies like you which is the problem. Keep playing with your toys.

Again, you have no need for an assault rifle. It's pure tough guy Rambo rubbish. You have never used a gun for the purpose it was made or the reason you give for keeping them. Hunting , protection, tyranny in the WH. Rubbish. There's the fantasy.
you don't even know what an assault rifle is and since you are that ignorant, how can you possibly be in a position to tell people so much better informed than you are, what they need. They are great for hunting, great for self protection and are great for dealing with violent rioters. Kyle Rittenhouse demonstrated that perfectly. Your opinion is worthless to those of us who actually know about these firearms. You clearly do not

you don't even know what an assault rifle is and since you are that ignorant, how can you possibly be in a position to tell people so much better informed than you are, what they need. They are great for hunting, great for self protection and are great for dealing with violent rioters. Kyle Rittenhouse demonstrated that perfectly. Your opinion is worthless to those of us who actually know about these firearms. You clearly do not
Yeah..lets not bring up the moron Kyle rittenhouse..he is the exact opposite of a responsible gun owner.

Yeah..lets not bring up the moron Kyle rittenhouse..he is the exact opposite of a responsible gun owner.
You and I will never agree on this. I am glad some people didn't stand by while the police refused to stop three days of rioting.

Keep ranting if you get a warm inner glow from it.
I know what an assault rifle is and it has no use in society. Hunting my arse . Protection? From yourselves.

I don't care what you think or if you think at all. You're knowledge of firearms could be written on a postage stamp. Owning a gun doesn't make you some intellectual giant, in fact the opposite.

The ignorance comes in when you deliberately fail to accept the reason you have those guns. You never will because thinking his outside your tiny bubble.

Get some more guns and ammo like when a government mentions gun control. Race out and buy more fearful they'll take them all. How smart is that?
That goes back to the thinking thing???

I've had this debate a thousand times. You can make all the justifications you want but there is too many guns in circulation.
Hence, all the unnecessary deaths.
We've shown multiple times in multiple threads that the number of guns and the rate of gun deaths have a negative correlation coefficient, indicating that the number of guns in circulation has no causal effect on guns deaths.

Using those deaths as collateral damage for justifying the 2nd is pathetic.
The Bill of Rights needs no justification.
The democrats have never said they want your toys. They want greater restrictions on who gets them. Possibly, with your slack attitude to guns and hatred of democrats, you appear a prime candidate to have them taken.
You just contradicted yourself.

We know what they want. They want a similar homicide rate of western democracies. They just don't understand that all of those countries did indeed confiscate guns or that they will need to repeal the 2nd and 4th amendments to get to those rates.

I don't hate Democrats. Until 2016, I voted exclusively for Democrats for president in every election since 1980. Why do you embrace stereotypes?

If you think the government wouldn't gave the courage to do it if they could, you're wrong.
What would you do if they came knocking? Shoot them all? That's clever then into jail you go.
I thought you said that the Democrats didn't want my guns. You're demonstrating weapons grade cognitive dissonance here. The feds would never even make it to my door. Do you have any idea how many sheriff's departments would arrest confiscation teams the moment they set foot in those counties?
You couldn't possibly stand up to the military. That's your ego and testosterone talking again.
I've never even mentioned standing up to the military. That's your fourth point of contact talking again. You do realize that it's unconstitutional to use the military for law enforcement activities in the US, right? Are you looking to embrace unconstitutional solutions?
So before you go to off again, think about exactly why you have them and none of the reasons you think are applicable. It's the tough guy Rambo is the problem.
Perhaps interestingly, the federal government accepted "for all lawful purposes" for my reason to own short barreled rifles and suppressors. So there's them, and there's you. Your opinion counts for naught.

You keep believing that.
I've never used guns to slaughter children and never will. I've never murdered anyone and never will. The 2nd Amendment will never be repealed. You moved to the US with the full realization that firearm ownership is a protected right here.

Every western democracy allows firearm ownership.

you don't even know what an assault rifle is. I have a clue-learn about what you want to ban, so your posts don't look so stupid.

I know what an assault rifle is and it has no use in society. Hunting my arse . Protection? From yourselves.

I don't care what you think or if you think at all. You're knowledge of firearms could be written on a postage stamp. Owning a gun doesn't make you some intellectual giant, in fact the opposite.

The ignorance comes in when you deliberately fail to accept the reason you have those guns. You never will because thinking his outside your tiny bubble.

Get some more guns and ammo like when a government mentions gun control. Race out and buy more fearful they'll take them all. How smart is that?
you are proving you don't have enough education in this area to state what is have no use in society. I forget daily, more about firearms and firearms use than you will ever know. You have no clue about why I own guns. And I like how you assume airs of intellectual superiority, when you don't even have a clue about the firearms you are whining about

The Gun Control Act of 1968 found that legitimate uses of firearms included “…hunting, trapshooting, target shooting, personal protection, or any other lawful activity”.

Common legal uses for AR-15s and similar firearms:
1. Long distance shooting. http://thecmp.org/competitions/service-rifle/
2. Competition - http://3gunnation.com/news
3. Practice – for long distance or competition
4. Plinking/recreational shooting – cheapest centerfire ammo, low recoil, adaptable frame.
5. Varmint hunting - https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2013/1/10/best-ar-15-calibers-for-predator-hunting/
6. Big game hunting, in the proper caliber and legal magazine. - http://www.fieldandstream.com/artic...r-style-rifles-chambered-for-big-game-hunting
7. Self-defense. - http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammo/ultimate-300-aac-blackout-ammo-test/

My knowledge of firearms is sufficient not to refer to common semiautomatic rifles as "assault rifles". Owning a gun has zero correlation to one's intellect.
I think you're the poster child for tiny bubble.
I buy the guns I want, and sell the guns I don't want anymore. It doesn't have anything to do with what the government says they'll do.

What an imagination.

I have no problem with sensible precautions such as insurance. However no one here has made a sensible argument for why you would need to carry a gun to a school. Just because it is a right and a person can if they want to is only an example of someone being stupid with a gun not someone concerned about crime.

As is all the arguments including this post on why you need to carry a gun. Because once again all this ranting of yours is meant for nothing more than to be a scary story for children and sheeple.

Yes, it is true that these events could happen. But whether they are so rare as to be not of concern or you live in a third world criminal ridden shithole where thieves are so desperate that they will kill a mother or father taking their kids to school. It is still just a story meant to scare.

Which is it daddyo? Is your country such a shithole or is it exaggeration for the purpose of justifying a stupid act with a gun. Because I have yet to hear even one sensible reason to bring a gun when dropping kids off at school.
I have tried explaining our position even giving you figures that prove that there is justification for being armed. You don't care! I have tried explaining that one day it could happen to you and you would be left to beg for mercy. You don't care! I have shared the experiences of other regular citizens I have had contact with through my business which proves that IT can and DOES happen regularly. You don't care!

So basically nothing I say can or will change your mind. And now I don't care!

I carry a gun day in and day out without a problem. That gun doesn't hurt a flea and doesn't cause you any effort or harm. I do this because the data says the need might arise just as with car, home, and health insurance. Despite your insistence that bad things never happen, I see that they do in fact happen. I see the statistics. I see the news. I see the victims. Most now buying guns BTW. I even hear folks like you claiming how much gun crime and murder is in this country yet you still don't get it. So after seeing all this I want to have the ability to prevent or end any attack that might happen to me or mine. This is why your attacks get destroyed. It's why your claims of fear mongering are moronic. It's why you will be a HELPLESS victim eventually.

Bottom line is I have provided substance proving a potential need. YOU have made claims of gun violence that prove a potential need. So either YOU are fear mongering or we both know that there is a potential need. I chose to carry you don't. Given the above information it's easy to see who is making the smarter decision.

Which is it daddyo? Is your country such a shithole or is it exaggeration for the purpose of justifying a stupid act with a gun. Because I have yet to hear even one sensible reason to bring a gun when dropping kids off at scschool.
Because nobody including you can tell me when a potentially lethal encounter will happen thats why.

When Marjory Stoneman Douglas high-school was being shot up, I was visiting my wife at her High School. It was valentine's day. I brought 10 pizzas from Lil Ceasars for her to distribute to worthy students because she loves doing that more than flowers. At one point the kids had all gone and only a handful of teachers were left in the room. They began to tell the story about a kid who threatened to kill a faculty member with a hammer on social media and the police did nothing except ban the kid from having a backpack on campus. I remember one teacher saying that she was scared of the kid and she said his eyes were dead and shark like. An example I have used myself to describe a stone cold evil person. Anyway I left the school and got home only to see that MSD high was being attacked by an active shooter. It can happen and it does happen. Currently I am not legally allowed to carry on school grounds. So visiting the wife happens unarmed. I am like you while visiting, a helpless victim!

With psycho kids threatening to kill teachers and others plotting school shootings around the country and you don't see a need to carry a gun at school lol. Some things can't be fixed and apparently your thought process is one of them.

BTW the kid that shot up the school also had his backpack privileges removed the year earlier.

Now you have a sensible reason for having a gun while dropping kids off at school. I know.......you don't care lol.

Thats funny.. you mean the single best thing that can be done to end the pandemic... and the right is pushing anti vaccination?
Yeah.. you should just shut up right there.

no the evidence is that you are wrong. Masks work as source control.

You were wrong. Remember hydroxychloroquine?
ivermectin still has little evidence to support it.

You were dead wrong. You morons failed to realize that to get natural immunity you HAVE TO RISK HOSPITILIZATION OR DEATH!!!.
You argued that natural immunity wouldn;t wane. You were wrong.

You sourced CDC material all right. And you weren't smart enough to understand what the CDC material MEANT. And instead of following the SCIENCE.. you went off on your own intellectually challenged tangents.

First. there is no "my side". SCience doesn;t have a side. No competent medical person is shunning monoclonal antibody treatments or all the other approved medical treatments for covid. You know who is shunning such medically proven treatments? Right wing anti vaxxers that are telling me that they don;t have covid.. when they are dying of covid!!!. Or worse.. the spouses of people that are suffering from covid.. but their right wing spouse refuses to allow them to get medical treatment.

Variants that are "super mild". Good god almighty. We don;t know the effects yet. So far..when it comes to Omicron.. we have evidence that its twice as infectious as delta.
Right now.. omicron makes up 73% of cases.. which means there are still plenty of delta cases around.
Right now..the evidence is that Omicron may be less severe than Delta.. but we STILL DON:T KNOW HOW MUCH.

Lets say that Delta infects 100 in a population and 10 of those people go into the hospital.
If omicron is HALF as virulent..but twice as infectious (which the evidence indicates that omicron is twice as infectious).
Then omicron infects 200 people. and STILL 10 PEOPLE END UP IN THE HOSPITAL!!!

You right wingers told everyone that Covid was a hoax.. that would go away when biden was elected.
then you told us it would just disappear in april
then you told us no worries its just like the flu.
then you told us that children couldn;t catch it.
And.. the list of stupid, anti science things that you righties have said and been wrong.. time and time again.. goes on.

The right wing has no clue.
Masks work only not in actual comparison studies.

The cdc information you say I can't comprehend said that the n95 mask releases 70 to 80 percent of virus with each exhale and that only 10 percent or so are needed to infect. Even you admit the mask can't prevent the virus from coming in.

Masks of inferior material or that are not properly fitted are even worst than the above numbers.

Facial hair makes mask sealing impossible. Ear hoops make mask sealing impossible......the most common masks you see are around the ear hooks.

Plenty more proof of mask failure if you need it. As for your source control claim......if in actual comparison examples between masked and unmasked areas there is virtually no difference in infection rates then it's pretty safe to conclude that the mask is not reducing the infected giving it to others. If it was working then masked areas would have much reduced cases and they simply don't. Which makes sense since we know the masks can't stop much virus from leaving and almost no virus from entering.

Ivermectin......."Among patients with non-severe COVID-19 and no risk factors for severe disease receiving a single 400 mcg/kg dose of ivermectin within 72 h of fever or cough onset there was no difference in the proportion of PCR positives. There was however a marked reduction of self-reported anosmia/hyposmia, a reduction of cough and a tendency to lower viral loads and lower IgG titers which warrants assessment in larger trials."

Natural immunity has been shown to be effective. What "us morons" do understand and you smart folks don't is that folks don't seek to get sick just to get natural immunity however when they do become infected and they do beat the disease they are naturally immune. Your side, the suppoesed smart side, refuses to count these folks as protected. Omicron is a blessing according to experts because it gives us the chance for natural immunity without the higher potential for a severe case.

I just had a "cross over" infection. My boys both infected. All cases were mild and all of us are healthy. It was the softest "flu" I have ever seen in my lifetime for all of us. Only I had the vaccine. Pfizer both shots no booster.

Hospitals won't become overwhelmed IF your party gets serious about regeneron. DeSantis used it to empty Florida ICU's.

Perhaps not suicides overall, but likely it would result in an increase in SUCCESSFUL suicides.

There are studies, however, that indicate a relationship between guns and suicide, like this one:

It could just be a case of "correlation" but there is data out there showing something going on. It also notes the "impulsive factor" which is what I was talking about.
Japan completely refutes the point you are trying to make between firearms and suicide.

Again, you have no need for an assault rifle.
again, nobody cares what you think they need. Nor do you have any authority to determine what someone else needs. Why do you think anyone should be listening to you anyway, when you have no idea what an "assault rifle" actually is?
It's pure tough guy Rambo rubbish.
Only if you have no idea who rambo is, or what you are referring to as an "assault rifle".
You have never used a gun for the purpose it was made or the reason you give for keeping them.
Guns have thousands of legitimate purposes and reasons for keeping them.
Hunting , protection, tyranny in the WH. Rubbish. There's the fantasy.
And only 3 of thousands of different reasons to own them.
Nobody is trying to take your opinion away. We are just showing how worthless, and incorrect it is.

I take it you have never been suicidal? I have. And on at least one maybe two instances if a gun had been available I might have used it to kill myself in the heat of the moment.

It wasn't available and the other methods require a bit more work with less lethality.

You are blessed to have never trod that dark path.
I appreciate you sharing that. As a veteran with PTSD I struggled with those thoughts often and kept a loaded gun by the bedside just in case. The best thing I ever did was unload that gun and lock it and the ammo up separately.
When in the service I was a base photographer and would get called out by the Security Police to document suicides scenes. I wish those images on no one, but imagine the harm it would do to a loved one when they came home and found their spouse or child after a bullet or shotgun load went through their head. I lost a close friend this way many years ago and his wife still suffers from the trauma of finding his body in their bedroom. Suicide comes with a high cost of suffering for those left behind.

I love the worship of the police. it's rather amusing. As long as there are people who want to tell others what they need or what they cannot have, freedom loving Americans need to be well armed
The worship of guns is not amusing, it's disturbing. And it's costing the rest of us freedom loving Americans a bundle of money.

The Economic Cost of Gun Violence

"In an average year, gun violence in America kills nearly 40,000 people, injures more than twice as many, and costs our nation $280 billion. This staggering figure is higher than the entire US Department of Veterans Affairs’ annual budget. Without a doubt, the human cost of gun violence—the people who are taken from us and the survivors whose lives are forever altered—is the most devastating. But examining the serious economic consequences of gun violence is paramount to understanding just how extensive and expensive this crisis is."

The worship of guns is not amusing, it's disturbing. And it's costing the rest of us freedom loving Americans a bundle of money.

The Economic Cost of Gun Violence

"In an average year, gun violence in America kills nearly 40,000 people, injures more than twice as many, and costs our nation $280 billion. This staggering figure is higher than the entire US Department of Veterans Affairs’ annual budget. Without a doubt, the human cost of gun violence—the people who are taken from us and the survivors whose lives are forever altered—is the most devastating. But examining the serious economic consequences of gun violence is paramount to understanding just how extensive and expensive this crisis is."
who imposes most of those costs?

Back
Top Bottom