• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An Open Letter to Gen. Milley

That's an officer's oath, not an enlisted man's oath. :lamo

You don't even know the difference.

I see. So if the military decides to remove Trump if he refuses to leave office on his own, it'll just be a bunch of enlisted men going AWOL and flying over to D.C. on their own? No officers who you say are the only ones to swear an oath to defend the constitution will be involved in this, giving them orders on how to go about doing it? It's just enlisted men we're talking about who are removing a constitution-violating Trump you say. And they don't swear to defend the constitution, you say. Therefore, they will be violating Posse Comitatus without being able to claim they were doing what they did and thus not be able to make a necessity defense if prosecuted even though regardless of whether anything you say about oaths they do or do not swear is true, they would still be defending the constitution by removing Trump were he to attempt to overstay his constitutional deadline?

That's extremely moronic in about twenty different directions, with five reasons per direction. I do hope you are pretending not to see why.

There's your one dopamine hit from me. The one quote you get. Ever. Otherwise, I'll roll my eyes, laugh at your post, and scroll on past. Enjoy it, and enjoy failing super-hard in everyone else's general direction. :2wave:

Last edited:
I see. So if the military decides to remove Trump if he refuses to leave office on his own, it'll just be a bunch of enlisted men going AWOL and flying over to D.C. on their own? No officers who you say are the only ones to swear an oath to defend the constitution will be involved in this, giving them orders on how to go about doing it? It's just enlisted men we're talking about who are removing a constitution-violating Trump you say. And they don't swear to defend the constitution, you say. Therefore, they will be violating Posse Comitatus without being able to claim they were doing what they did and thus not be able to make a necessity defense if prosecuted even though regardless of whether anything you say about oaths they do or do not swear is true, they would still be defending the constitution by removing Trump were he to attempt to overstay his constitutional deadline?

That's extremely moronic in about twenty different directions, with five reasons per direction. I do hope you are pretending not to see why.

There's your one dopamine hit from me. The one quote you get. Ever. Enjoy it, and enjoy failing super-hard in everyone else's general direction. :2wave:

It would be illegal for the military to step in. There's literally a law against it.

By your completely uninformed logic, the military could step in and force states and cities to stop enforcing gun control laws.

The military doesn't have the authority to arbitrarily decide what is and isn't constitutional and step in to stop it. That's why the military answers to our elected representitives vice excercising it's own independent authority.

“. . . All Enemies, Foreign and Domestic”: An Open Letter to Gen. Milley

If the commander in chief attempts to ignore the election’s results, you will face a choice.

29289294-0-image-a-60_1591422983706.jpg

What has traditionally been merely an academic exercise has now become a very real possibility.

Under the Constitution, Trumps four year term in office expires on January 20, 2021.
You guys got so little to worry about you got to dredge **** like this up? This goes beyond ordinary garden variety TDS.

I thought you were a lawyer? Trump cannot overstay his constitutional deadline.
Should he try, its a law enforcement issue.
Are you serious about all this paranaoia?

Back
Top Bottom