• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

An Impeachment Analysis

Hoot said:
No offense, easyt, but I prefer adult conversation....otherwise I may as well be having a screaming match with a kid like easyt.

So, I bring up the FACTS that Clinton's very actions displayed a belief that he was above the law, you don't like it, and you have no response for it other than to try t insinuate that I am a kid?

Well Hoot, adults don't try to brush off facts by insulting someone, although that is rright out of the Democratic Party Play Book! Prove YOU are an adult - Dispute my facts:
- He illegally collected FBI files on his oponents even though he knew it was illegal to do so! What ever came of that again? (Oh yeah, he was above the law, and nothing happened to him!)

- His wife crosses a police-taped Foster office to steal files. That police tape means 'NO Crossing' to us, but the Clinton's were above the Law. She was asked about the files, said she never knew they even existed; yet, they were found in her living quarters with her fingerprints all over them!(Oh yeah, he was above the law, and nothing happened to her! Besides,it would be even more humiliating to have to charge and try the 1st lady for Perjury, theft, interfering with an investigation, etc....)

- He attempted to make himself above the law through commiting the felonies of perjury and witness tampering, putting himself above the oath of office that he took in which he SWORE to uphold and defend the Constitution! He placed HIMSELF above that Constitution by attempting to deprive Jones of her Constitutional Right to a fair trial!

Stating these facts makes me somehow a kid in your eyes? Dude, youneed glasses....and, again, offer some meat to your personal attacks. Calling me a kid does not discredit these facts!

Hoot said:
So, Stinger...Clinton never claimed to be above the law in this civil proceeding? Yes or no?
I'll give him this, Clinton was smart - what moron is gonna claim to be above the law in a court of law, especially a President! They did not call him 'Slcik Willey' for nothing!

Hoot said:
You're the president...vacations, golf..etc...is no indication of being free from the duties of the single most important job in the world.
This whole discussion reminds of the book that came out by the Air force Colonel who followed Clinton around carrying the 'football'. In his book he told about how we had located Bin Laden, had pilots in the cockpit waiting on the word to take this SOB out, and Clinton couldn't be bothered because he was engaged in another (maybe the same one you guys are taklking about) pro golf game/tourney he was attending. He told them to stand down and stop bothering him - we would deal with it later. In the immoratal words of Forrest gump, "That's all I have to say about THAT."

Hoot said:
Would a civil court case be allowed to proceed against Truman during WWII? Wilson at the start of WWI?
What war were we involved in when Clinton committed the felonies in the jones trial?

Sorry easy, I truely mean no disrespect, but it's hard to have an intelligent conversation with someone who has such a warped view of the Clinton presidency. You're a Clinton hater...period...end of discussion. Nothing I say in rebuttal will do a bit of good, because you're convinced Clinton is Satan.

As much as I dislike Bush and his policies, I have never come into these forums and typed the libelous, and unprovable words that you and others are so fond of throwing at Clinton. Perhaps I have more respect for the office of the presidency?

Would it really do me any good to disprove your allegations against Clinton? Of course not. Your mind is made up.

You do know you're in the minority as far as your views of Clinton? Bush will never have Clintons approval ratings. There exists good reasons for this, other then the Clinton charisma.

So, until you calm down, and stop screaming your hate and bile over these forums, I really have better things to do.

If you're truely open minded I'd like to recommend reading the "Hunting of the President, The 10 Year Campaign to Destroy Bill and Hillary."

If you want to suggest a book from the "right" perspective, I promise I'll pick it up and give you my opinion...(please, no Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, or Rush Limbaugh...I have to have some morals)

Easy65,

Hoot is correct on some of his statements.

As much as I dislike Bush and his policies, I have never come into these forums and typed the libelous, and unprovable words that you and others are so fond of throwing at Clinton. Perhaps I have more respect for the office of the presidency?

Could you provide sources for you claims?

Hoot said:
Sorry easy, I truely mean no disrespect, but it's hard to have an intelligent conversation with someone who has such a warped view of the Clinton presidency.....You're a Clinton hater...period...end of discussion. Nothing I say in rebuttal will do a bit of good, because you're convinced Clinton is Satan......Would it really do me any good to disprove your allegations against Clinton? Of course not. Your mind is made up.

I find it amusing how you try to pass off everything I have said, like so many other Clinton-apologists have, by saying it is simply a waste of your time to try to rebut anything I have said (and even proven in the past) without ever getting around to even trying to do so, primarily because you CAN'T! It is a tactic I am all too familiar with!

I am not a Democrat. I am not a Republican. I am not an 'Internationalist', like Kerry defined himself to be. I am an American! I observe, do my research, and try to make up my mind based on what is best for this country. My view of Clinton does not come from some Right-Winged Agenda or some GOP talking points.

I have posted links, facts, etc to verify everything I have said about Clinton.

It is a FACT that he was briefed by Able danger about BinLaden and that he denied anysuch briefing. It is a fact that Bin Laden declared war on the U.S. in 1990. It is a fact that Al Qaeda killed Americans in the Kobar Towers, Cole, and African Embassy bombings. It is a fact that Clinton did nothing after each one. It is a fact Clinton gathered illegal FBI briefs on his opponents for personal use, that his wife stole documents from Foster's office, having to cross police tape to do so, that she lied about the files, and that they were found in the living quarters of the White house withher prints all over them! It is a fact that Clinton helped sell missile technology to the Chinese Military, the money in his re-election funds being traced directly back to the Chinese military, technology that gave the Chinese Military the ability to finally be able to reach the U.S. with its Nukes! It is a fact thatClinton sexually harrassed women, had an affair in the White House, committed multiple felonies of perjury and witness tampering, and was convicted on those charges. I have provided links to all of these in this and other threads.

The response I get is....
- "You are just a Clinton-hater....
- "It isn't worth the effort to try to refute you because your mind is already made up....
- (MY FAVORITE) You are lying (evidently based on the fact that THEY SAY SO :lol: )

Hoot said:
You do know you're in the minority as far as your views of Clinton? Bush will never have Clintons approval ratings. There exists good reasons for this, other then the Clinton charisma.
So I am supposed to jump on the Clinton Immorality/Treason/Criminal bandwagon because there happens to be a moral vacuum in the country? (And when you say minority, you are comparing me to only those in the DNC, I presume, not that it matters.) Sorry, as I have said many times, peer pressure and polls only matter to Democrats. I like to stand on conviction and my own values and sense of what is right and wrong!

Hoot said:
So, until you calm down, and stop screaming your hate and bile over these forums, I really have better things to do.
I have not screamed once, and what 'hate bile'? I simply posted a record of what the man did, and I have posted links, as I have said, supporting all of it. And once again, I get the response of, "Stop posting (the truth) or I will be forced to fail to rebut you again!"

Hoot said:
If you want to suggest a book from the "right" perspective, I promise I'll pick it up and give you my opinion...(please, no Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, or Rush Limbaugh...I have to have some morals)

Obviously not if you have to give as one of your primary reasons for liking/defending Clinton is that he is popular!

I can honestly say that if Bush was caught providing an enemy with the technolgy to hit the U.S. with Nukes I would demand he be immediately be removed from Office and put in prison on charges of treason! Can you honestly say that about Clinton? Obviously NOT because that is what he did and you can't even acknowledge it.

I can honestly say that Bush has not betrayed his oath of office, but I would demand his immediate Impeachment if he did. Democrats at the time could not say the same about Clinton because he was popular and it was party-1st! The man, in just 1 case, broke his oath to defend the constitution. THAT deserves Impeachment...yet I can not find 1 Democrat who will agree to that! I, on the other hand, would have no problem saying I would demand the same be done to Bush should it ever be proved and declared in a court of law that he did the same!

I am not screaming, ducking or dodging anything. I am trying to be as neutral as I can. I respect you for party loyalty, but you and all the other Clinton aologists are making the same mistake the Dem. Party is doing now - PARTY-FIRST!

And don't expect me to stop posting the truth based on your threat that you will continue to dodge the issue/refuse to rebut if I do.

Ivan The Terrible said:
Easy65,

Hoot is correct on some of his statements.

Could you provide sources for you claims?

Don't hold your breath!

Oh, was that aimed at ME? I have posted links to back up everything I have said on this board about Clinton, in this thread and in others; meanwhile, I keep getting the same ol BS -

"you're lying, uh-uh, blah, blah, blah" without ever ANY links to back up their claims that I am wrong! I am just curious, when are the libs and the clinton Apologists EVER going to be forced to provide any links to their claims, as i have to do over and over again! The hypocrisy on this board is almost as bad as in the Democratic party! Say anything bad about Libs/Clinton, you have to post links EVERY thread. Post a response claiming to refute such posts and your opinion will do! :shock: :roll:

I will try to gather up all my links again and re-post for everyone. (God forbid you would have to do any work yourselves or have to provide links yourself! Maybe I should start a completely different thread called 'Easy's links', then I could simply refer to each one by the post # of each within the thread!)

Last edited:
easyt65 said:
I will try to gather up all my links again and re-post for everyone. (God forbid you would have to do any work yourselves or have to provide links yourself! Maybe I should start a completely different thread called 'Easy's links', then I could simply refer to each one by the post # of each within the thread!)
I keep track of the links I use often. It's not hard and is useful.
If you intend to continue debating as a hobby, I recommend it.

Last edited:
(I think I will start keeping all my links in one place, too)

Here is one of MANY on Clinton's treason with selling missile technolgy to the chinese:

Clinton Missile/Tchnology Treason: China Gate/Reno Held in Contempt for refusing to release documents regarding the case, refuses to Call for Independent council:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...background.htm

Clinton gave the chinese military the technology for it to finally reach the U.S. with its Nuclear missiles in exchange for campaign contributions tracked directly back to the Chinese military!

Want more? Look 'em up yourself/do your own research!

I claimed Bin Laden declared war on the U.S. in 1990, that Al Qaeda killed out people for years without any real response, etc......here ya go....

Bin Laden Declares holy WAR on U.S
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/storie...06/12/015.html

1990: The Saudi government allows U.S. troops to be stationed in Saudi Arabia following the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, which leads to the Persian Gulf War. Bin Laden is outraged by the U.S. military presence in Saudi Arabia, considered the cradle of Islam, and begins to write treatises against the Saudi regime
February 1993: A bomb at the World Trade Center kills six and wounds hundreds. Six Muslim radicals, who U.S. officials suspect have links to bin Laden, are eventually convicted for the bombing.
October, 1993: 18 U.S. servicemen who are part of a humanitarian mission to Somalia are killed in an ambush in Mogadishu. Bin Laden later says that some of the Arab Afghans were involved in the killings and calls Americans "paper tigers" because they withdrew from Somalia shortly after the soldiers' deaths.
1995: A truck bombing at a military base in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, kills five Americans and two Indians.
1996: Bin Laden declares a jihad, or holy war, against U.S. forces. Nineteen U.S. soldiers die in a bombing of the Khobar military complex in Saudi Arabia. The United States indicts bin Laden on charges of training the people involved in the 1993 attack that killed 18 U.S. servicemen in Somalia.
1998: Bin Laden declares that Muslims should kill Americans, civilians included, wherever they can find them. On August 7, a pair of truck bombs explodes outside the U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, killing 224 people.
2000: Algerian Ahmed Ressam pleads guilty in connection with a failed plot to bomb Los Angeles International Airport during the millennium celebrations. He claims he was trained in urban warfare and explosives at an Afghanistan camp run by bin Laden.
October -- U.S.S. Cole bombed: 17 Americans dead, 39 Injured.
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/peop.../timeline.html

Do I REALLY need to post links to prove Clinton was convicted of the felonies of perjury and witness tampering or can we at least agree THAT happened?!

How about the Impeachment? Do I need to post a link proving thatalll happened, or can we agree that happened, too? :shock:

Ivan The Terrible said:
Easy65,

Your link did not work.

CR@P, they must have taken the story down already - it has been a LONG TIME! I'll try to find another for you!

easyt65 said:
CR@P, they must have taken the story down already - it has been a LONG TIME! I'll try to find another for you!
Well, when you posted it, it just copied the elipses instead of the actual link.
Perhaps you just copied instead of "copy link."

I've found that in practice it's sufficient to pre-emptively provide sources for controversial claims and then just have any others ready if they are requested.

Simon W. Moon said:
Well, when you posted it, it just copied the elipses instead of the actual link.
Perhaps you just copied instead of "copy link."

I've found that in practice it's sufficient to pre-emptively provide sources for controversial claims and then just have any others ready if they are requested.

Here's some more Clinton-China Treason Links to chew on. As I said, should these openup, do more research yourself!

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/4/18/175114.shtml
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/05/20/china.money/
http://www.fas.org/news/china/1998/980521-prc2.htm

It is very telling that the same Democrats who defended career-felon, Bill Clinton, and his criminal attempts to hide his criminal misconduct are now advocating impeachment for (even if they were right about the legality of the wiretapping issue-which they weren't) what can-at worst-be described as "breaking" the law to protect the country.

Bill Clinton breaks the law to hide his own misconduct, Bush "breaks" the law to protect the country. Which is worse, and why all the hypocrisy?

aquapub said:
It is very telling that the same Democrats who defended career-felon, Bill Clinton, and his criminal attempts to hide his criminal misconduct are now advocating impeachment for (even if they were right about the legality of the wiretapping issue-which they weren't) what can-at worst-be described as "breaking" the law to protect the country.

Bill Clinton breaks the law to hide his own misconduct, Bush "breaks" the law to protect the country. Which is worse, and why all the hypocrisy?

I agree with you completely about the Democrats. However, this cuts both ways, and we can see the other side of the rank partisanship in your own post.

Hoot said:
No offense, easyt, but I prefer adult conversation.

That's certainly not a sign of it.

So, Stinger...Clinton never claimed to be above the law in this civil proceeding?

Yes or no?

Of course not, he only did things to try and place himself above the lawm, what is your hangup on this?

Please note that court cases are delayed everyday in every court in this nation for individuals with far less importance to the world then the president.

But not because one person is claiming temporary immunity.

Hoot, one more time, you're wrong. This was fully adjudicated in the courts all the way up to the SCOTUS. You don't have a leg to stand on. That you don't like it doesn't change the law nor did it give Clintons permission to then perjury himself and obstruct justice.

Your golf argument is poor because who's to say the president does not discuss bills coming up for votes, cabinet meetings, affairs of state?

Nope, it is preciesly the kind of arguement the judges made. It was a NINE to ZERO ruling.

Would a civil court case be allowed to proceed against Truman during WWII? Wilson at the start of WWI? If your Marine son..........

You stated Senators and Judges and military personel are immune from all civil suits. That is patently false.

Please note...if you can try to be civil in your responses, I'll do my best to show you the same courtesy...otherwise I may as well be having a screaming match with a kid like easyt.

Noted

Back
Top Bottom