• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

An effective summary of why Trump is such a disgrace

Shrink726

The tolerant left? I'm the intolerant left.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Shared post:

“In my life, I have watched John Kennedy talk on television about missiles in Cuba. I saw Lyndon Johnson look Richard Russell squarely in the eye and and say, "And we shall overcome." I saw Richard Nixon resign and Gerald Ford tell the Congress that our long national nightmare was over. I saw Jimmy Carter talk about malaise and Ronald Reagan talk about a shining city on a hill. I saw George H.W. Bush deliver the eulogy for the Soviet bloc, and Bill Clinton comfort the survivors of Timothy McVeigh's madness in Oklahoma City. I saw George W. Bush struggle to make sense of it all on September 11, 2001, and I saw Barack Obama sing 'Amazing Grace' in the wounded sanctuary of Mother Emanuel Church in Charleston, South Carolina.

"These were the presidents of my lifetime. These were not perfect men. They were not perfect presidents, god knows. Not one of them was that. But they approached the job, and they took to the podium, with all the gravitas they could muster as appropriate to the job. They tried, at least, to reach for something in the presidency that was beyond their grasp as ordinary human beings. They were not all ennobled by the attempt, but they tried nonetheless.

"And comes now this hopeless, vicious buffoon, and the audience of equally hopeless and vicious buffoons who laughed and cheered when he made sport of a woman whose lasting memory of the trauma she suffered is the laughter of the perpetrators. Now he comes, a man swathed in scandal, with no interest beyond what he can put in his pocket and what he can put over on a universe of suckers, and he does something like this while occupying an office that we gave him, and while endowed with a public trust that he dishonors every day he wakes up in the White House.

"The scion of a multigenerational criminal enterprise, the parameters of which we are only now beginning to comprehend. A vessel for all the worst elements of the American condition. And a cheap, soulless bully besides. We never have had such a cheap counterfeit of a president* as currently occupies the office. We never have had a president* so completely deserving of scorn and yet so small in the office that it almost seems a waste of time and energy to summon up the requisite contempt.

"Watch how a republic dies in the empty eyes of an empty man who feels nothing but his own imaginary greatness, and who cannot find in himself the decency simply to shut up even when it is in his best interest to do so. Presidents don't have to be heroes to be good presidents. They just have to realize that their humanity is our common humanity, and that their political commonwealth is our political commonwealth, too. Watch him behind the seal of the President of the United States. Isn't he a funny man? Isn't what happened to that lady hilarious? Watch the assembled morons cheer. This is the only story now."
- Charles Pierce

The only reason Trump lost was because of his tax cut.

Shared post:

“In my life, I have watched John Kennedy talk on television about missiles in Cuba. I saw Lyndon Johnson look Richard Russell squarely in the eye and and say, "And we shall overcome." I saw Richard Nixon resign and Gerald Ford tell the Congress that our long national nightmare was over. I saw Jimmy Carter talk about malaise and Ronald Reagan talk about a shining city on a hill. I saw George H.W. Bush deliver the eulogy for the Soviet bloc, and Bill Clinton comfort the survivors of Timothy McVeigh's madness in Oklahoma City. I saw George W. Bush struggle to make sense of it all on September 11, 2001, and I saw Barack Obama sing 'Amazing Grace' in the wounded sanctuary of Mother Emanuel Church in Charleston, South Carolina.

"These were the presidents of my lifetime. These were not perfect men. They were not perfect presidents, god knows. Not one of them was that. But they approached the job, and they took to the podium, with all the gravitas they could muster as appropriate to the job. They tried, at least, to reach for something in the presidency that was beyond their grasp as ordinary human beings. They were not all ennobled by the attempt, but they tried nonetheless.

"And comes now this hopeless, vicious buffoon, and the audience of equally hopeless and vicious buffoons who laughed and cheered when he made sport of a woman whose lasting memory of the trauma she suffered is the laughter of the perpetrators. Now he comes, a man swathed in scandal, with no interest beyond what he can put in his pocket and what he can put over on a universe of suckers, and he does something like this while occupying an office that we gave him, and while endowed with a public trust that he dishonors every day he wakes up in the White House.

"The scion of a multigenerational criminal enterprise, the parameters of which we are only now beginning to comprehend. A vessel for all the worst elements of the American condition. And a cheap, soulless bully besides. We never have had such a cheap counterfeit of a president* as currently occupies the office. We never have had a president* so completely deserving of scorn and yet so small in the office that it almost seems a waste of time and energy to summon up the requisite contempt.

"Watch how a republic dies in the empty eyes of an empty man who feels nothing but his own imaginary greatness, and who cannot find in himself the decency simply to shut up even when it is in his best interest to do so. Presidents don't have to be heroes to be good presidents. They just have to realize that their humanity is our common humanity, and that their political commonwealth is our political commonwealth, too. Watch him behind the seal of the President of the United States. Isn't he a funny man? Isn't what happened to that lady hilarious? Watch the assembled morons cheer. This is the only story now."
- Charles Pierce
YES, all that ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thank you.

He lost, primarily because of his bungling of the COVID situation.
What a pathetic commentary on the American voting public that up until his colossal bungling of the pandemic, millions more people were still willing to vote for him and that he very likely may have won?

I want to ask those people: regarding the pandemic, at some point you realized Trump didn't know what he was doing, did not surround himself with people who knew what they were doing, would not listen to those who did know, and obviously made decisions based upon how it would serve his own selfish interests, right? Great. ..........So what were you watching the prior 3 years?

Gee, and here I was hoping that being an immoral fraudulent con man was political suicide.
Not for everyone, apparently.
He got elected once and got 74 million votes even in defeat, being that so apparently it is no longer a negative for many people

Shared post:

- Charles Pierce

Excellent OP.

Huh? The crumbs he threw his acolytes was, in their limited minds, one of his greatest accomplishments... right up there with the wall and putting kids in cages.
He lost, primarily because of his bungling of the COVID situation.
What retarded crap.
Gee, and here I was hoping that being an immoral fraudulent con man was political suicide.
Not for everyone, apparently.
Trump mishandled covid because of the impeachment and if there wasn't a tax cut, there would have been no impeachment.

I admit, without covid, it would be a lot harder to defeat him, but I was not chopping at the root to count on a coronavirus.

Going for me in 2020 unlike 2016, is that Biden has an astrological score; Biden 7, Hillary -2, Trump 5, Sanders 7.

Republican had the New Moon in 2020, and it picked up energy in the last debate, thanks to clumsy me; to Save McConnell, Florida and Texas and so many House Seats.

Trump mishandled covid because of the impeachment and if there wasn't a tax cut, there would have been no impeachment.

I admit, without covid, it would be a lot harder to defeat him, but I was not chopping at the root to count on a coronavirus.

Going for me in 2020 unlike 2016, is that Biden has an astrological score; Biden 7, Hillary -2, Trump 5, Sanders 7.

Republican had the New Moon in 2020, and it picked up energy in the last debate, thanks to clumsy me; to Save McConnell, Florida and Texas and so many House Seats.

So the stars aligned against Trump, as well as the judiciary?

What a crock. The impeachment had no impact on Trump's handling of the Pandemic. His total mishandling of the Pandemic was due solely to his ineptitude as commander in chief.

WTF

The first Tribulation (2020-2026) has two protections indicating upset of the ruling Party and manifest that the Underdog had the New Moon.

The only reason Trump lost was because of his tax cut.

AdvancedPhysicalAnnelida-size_restricted.gif

The first Tribulation (2020-2026) has two protections indicating upset of the ruling Party and manifest that the Underdog had the New Moon.

Got some hot NFL or Dow Jones tips?

Wait, wut?

The white horse of the vegetarian cult has one-thousand years to convert the Christian red meat-eating horse (Rev ch 6).
The coronavirus is the gentle nudge.

Got some hot NFL or Dow Jones tips?

Wait, wut?

The white horse of the vegetarian cult has one-thousand years to convert the Christian red meat-eating horse (Rev ch 6).
The coronavirus is the gentle nudge.
Only if you want to go to bed with me.

Only if you want to go to bed with me.
Reminds me of a New Year’s Eve many moon ago. We were walking down the main street and there were a few attractive ladies walking as well. A carful of revelers came slowly by and one of the louts hollered, “hey, you wanna get lucky?” To which the ladies replied, “we already got lucky, we aren’t with you!”

👋

Everyone conspired against Trump to cover up the cheating; fox news, the main stream media, SCOTUS, election officials, observers, why even his own Attorney General conspired against him!

It must have been He. Only He could orchestrate such a coup. He must not want Donald Trump to be President anymore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom