• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An Argument: Killing Animals For Meat is IMMORAL

Anyone who equates eating animals with eating human babies is not in their right mind, IMHO.

Humans are orders of magnitude beyond animals, in intellect, society, culture, art, organization and every other way. Humans are a new and different paradigm from animals, an entire different order and mode of being. There is no comparison between humans and animals.

When a gorilla composes something as elaborate and complex and moving as Beethoven's Ninth, we can revisit the question.

So we get to decide what our relationship with the far-lesser creatures will be, not simply because we're more powerful but because we're as far beyond them as the Internet is beyond the stone spearhead.

As the only beings capable of concerning ourselves with moral questions, any moral value attached to an animal is derived from its relationship to humans. AKA we can eat them if we want, and since a little meat is a natural and useful part of our diet, why not.

Otherwise, if Man is just another Animal.... well animals eat each other, so might as well carry on. Nature is brutal; some predators start eating before the prey is even dead.

Anyone who equates eating animals with eating human babies is not in their right mind, IMHO.

Actually I was more impressed with the ability to rope the NAZI's into the argument, but ya.

Humans are animals. Or do you think they are plants, or fungi?

1. This is a mentality that only raises it's head out of a lifestyle of affluence where you have the luxury to worry about such things. You're not going to find someone that lives in a state of perpetual hunger worrying about such nonsense.

2. Too many Disney movies and such personifying animals.

3. Why does he hate plant-based life?

4. Is a lion being immoral when it eats a gazelle? Cats will actually get sick without meat, as well as other carnivorous creatures.

Eating meat is not in our own best interest personally, socially or ecologically. Meat production is a huge source of pollution, aquifer depletion and land degradation. It is also a source of desensitization to violence through "acceptable" animal cruelty. There are many other negative impacts, easily available, for anyone honestly interested in the subject.

And it's not necessary. Beans, greens and nuts can satisfy our nutritional needs in regard to both protein and essential amino acids.

I don't think "animals do it" is an argument for doing something.

I understand most people are not into the effects of their diet, they have other issues in their lives and other interests as far as improving society. Life is a demonstration and everyone should not carry the same sign. So, I am without judgement upon others. Still, I believe it is immoral to eat meat in consideration of personal, social and ecologic impacts. I'm sure I do plenty of immoral things according to other people so, again, this is not a judgement it is an opinion.

I might note that an overwhelming majority of the Earth is without the means to substitute sustenance. There are also places where meat production makes sense. So there is no absolute, just in general given the knowledge, understanding and resources to do otherwise.

Last edited:

Eh. Terrible people or not, they're OUR terrible people.

If they were really ours, we could trash them. As it is, there would be resistance.

Quite cowardly of you to keep perpetuating a lie. So this is basically another thread in which if you do not get your way then like a petulant child you will make up any ****

Quite cowardly of you to keep perpetuating a lie. So this is basically another thread in which if you do not get your way then like a petulant child you will make up any ****

I made a pretty decent case, both here and there.

Clearly your morning is not going as well as mine is, my mood is fantastic!

Try to play nice, you will get to see me more of me that way.

Last edited:
I made a pretty decent case, both here and there.

Clearly your morning is not going as well as mine is, my mood is fantastic!

Try to play nice, you will get to see me more often.

No you used hyperbole and lies. Your use of the word river demon is incorrect . An attempted fallacy instead of a well thought out argument.
It is amusing to me that all you can do is argue by fallacy. This post of yours is an appeal to emotion by trying to guess what my mood is.
I really could not care less if i ever see you again.

yuk!!

Not to mention....animals are delicious.

4. Is a lion being immoral when it eats a gazelle? Cats will actually get sick without meat, as well as other carnivorous creatures.

If that's the question, what about capacity to engage in moral reasoning?

(I'm no vegetarian, trust me)

If that's the question, what about capacity to engage in moral reasoning?

(I'm no vegetarian, trust me)

That still brings me back to the question is that is eating meet inherently wrong? To me, no. It's a law of nature. And why do vegans hate plants?!?! They are eating the food my food eats. That offends me! Lol.

What he is saying, in effect, is that raising animals for food and killing them in a slaughterhouse is but hunting them is not so bad because it is more difficult. The whole thing is nonsense.

He or whoever came up with that argument is nothing more than a animal rights loony trying to compare humans to live stock animals.It is perfectly moral for humans to eat cows, chickens and other animals. Humans are omnivores.Like all other omnivores on the planet we eat plants and animals.But unlike all other ominvores we raise most of our food so we do not decimate the wild animal and plant population.

The original post and much of them following all make the same mistake of concentrating on the killing of the animal. This has been basically a thread of ignore the problem and concentrate on the easily over turned argument.

The killing odf the animal itself is no the problem with the meat industry. It is the living conditions of the animals that should be questioned and turning to a vegetarian diet is an answer for it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_culling
Morrisons suppliers' pigs pictured crammed in cages and left shivering on floor | Daily Mail Online
Cruelty to Cows: How Cows Are Abused for Meat and Dairy Products | Animals Used for Food | Issues | PETA Asia

Wile you and the others here can keep trying to focus on a point where you can easily mock. The avoidance of the issue of cruelty in the life of animals for profit remains.

The killing odf the animal itself is no the problem with the meat industry. It is the living conditions of the animals that should be questioned and turning to a vegetarian diet is an answer for it.

That is just a bull **** excuse by peta-tards and other animal rights loonies. Livestock could be raised the most humane way possible and they would still oppose eating meat.Because if it was just an issue of how the animal was raised many of them would be hunting and fishing for their own meat or buying excess from hunters or they would be buying from farms that meet those "cruelty free" standards instead of just giving up on meat entirely.

Livestock could be raised in a humane way. But the point is, they are not. They are raised with a concern only for profit.
And yes, there are alternatives that are humane such as you suggest in buying home kill meat which is actually better as many of those use organic methods. But the point is that most people do not.

Instead we have commercial enterprises that grow animals in cages and on chemical and hormones to accelerate growth. We have a meat industry that completely ignores health and happiness of the animal because it would cut into their profits. We have many people with diet related illness because of their over use of meat. Which is only possible because of the mass production of meat.

The meat industry is unhealthy for the environment. It is unhealthy for the people who over consume. It is unhealthy for the animal. But it does create a healthy profit for those who care about none of these things.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…