• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AN ANTI-SCIENCE MANIA TAKES OVER GOP

It's not a low bar I'm setting.
you immediately jumped to the conclusion that someone's trying to sound intellectual by using common words. Why would you think that unless you didn't know what the word meant?
I actually prefer a high bar for insight. But I also understand you like to use phrases in ways that don't make a lot of sense.
but you think people are trying to be insightful when they notice something rather blatant. It is a critique on your religion and I understand that makes you self-conscious. But to say that government taking away Independence is movement towards authoritarianism it's not an incredible insight for you to think that that's what I think you must think that it is.
It's not insightful for the scientifically illiterate to complain about science they don't understand by invoking some nefarious plan to take control away from individuals a la s"One World Order" dictatorship. That's facile and the definition of the "low bar".
for you to keep trying to pretend I'm complaining about science is you dodging the actual point.

So in order to prove this I'm going to ask you a question and we'll see how you answer.

What science am I complaining about and how explain. Let's see if you have a high bar for insight. This ought to be fun.

Posturing. Straw man. Fallacy. They know all the words. They just don’t know how to use them correctly.
Yeah nobody that criticizes you that's how to use words. I've encountered the personal fable but it's typically in teenagers.

Yeah nobody that criticizes you that's how to use words.

What form of English sentence structure is this?

I've encountered the personal fable but it's typically in teenagers.

"personal fable"? Typical in teenagers? What ARE you talking about????? (Are you using a Markov Chain text generator to create your posts?)

What form of English sentence structure is this?
erroneous forgive me for I am not perfect

"personal fable"? Typical in teenagers? What ARE you talking about????? (Are you using a Markov Chain text generator to create your posts?)
I'm not interested in explaining.

erroneous forgive me for I am not perfect

Well, you know, when you blather on about others "posturing" and then you accuse them of every logic fallacy that doesn't apply, one tends to expect a better level of communication.

I'm not interested in explaining.

That's OK! Because you didn't have anything to explain and I'm not interested in your "version" of the English language!

Well, you know, when you blather on about others "posturing" and then you accuse them of every logic fallacy that doesn't apply, one tends to expect a better level of communication.
you arr posturing, I only pointed out two fallacies there are more than two. End up I'm sorry if I'm not perfect I've apologized it's not going to change.

That's OK! Because you didn't have anything to explain and I'm not interested in your "version" of the English language!
Yes you're only interested in echo Chambers and you're not getting that from me. Maybe Twitter would better suit you.

you arr posturing, I only pointed out two fallacies there are more than two. End up I'm sorry if I'm not perfect I've apologized it's not going to change.

Yes you're only interested in echo Chambers and you're not getting that from me. Maybe Twitter would better suit you.

Psychological projection. It never ends with these right wingers.

A major company is building a large carbon dioxide capture plant in TX
The captured carbon dioxide can be reused in oil production and other
applications. Trees can also capture carbon dioxide.

Berating others for your misperceptions is going to open you up to this kind of critique.

A child learns that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. This is your chance to learn that important lesson.

LOL. You're going to have to "up your game" before I get anything from you. Sorry, but you just aren't at the proper level yet. Keep trying though!

A major company is building a large carbon dioxide capture plant in TX
The captured carbon dioxide can be reused in oil production and other
applications. Trees can also capture carbon dioxide.

Previous carbon capture systems have usually failed, but I hope that one day they get a large scalable system to work well. And, yes, trees do take up CO2. Which is why it is concerning that vast swaths of the Rainforest in S. America is being wiped out to produce land for cattle farming etc.

We can always HOPE that these last-ditch efforts solve our problems, but in reality our problems will be solved at a much steeper cost. Our relationship to energy usage and even the source of our energy is going to have to change and dramatically. And, yes, we'll also have to plant more trees and re-evaluate our agriculture and food practices.

This isn't going to be out-patient surgery. I wish it was otherwise.

Berating others for your misperceptions is going to open you up to this kind of critique.
I acknowledge I made an error and I did Apologize so how am I berating others?
A child learns that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. This is your chance to learn that important lesson.
learn that acknowledging my own is berating to you? Seems like a stupid lesson.

LOL. You're going to have to "up your game" before I get anything from you. Sorry, but you just aren't at the proper level yet. Keep trying though!
I'm not interested but thanks.

I acknowledge I made an error and I did Apologize so how am I berating others?

Telling them they are "posturing". Telling them they are making logic errors that they are not making.

learn that acknowledging my own is berating to you? Seems like a stupid lesson.

It isn't the lesson that's stupid...

I'm not interested but thanks.

I know! That would require a LOT more education than you appear to have bothered with so far! :)

Telling them they are "posturing". Telling them they are making logic errors that they are not making.
You were. I admitted to my error right away. I don't have a fragile ego to protect.

It isn't the lesson that's stupid...
Yes it is.

I know! That would require a LOT more education than you appear to have bothered with so far! :)
Save face however you wish. I can take it. I understand fragility.

I'm not going to "own up" to something I didn't do, no matter how much you want me to. I attacked your argument not you.

LOL. YOU SAID I WAS POSTURING. That is NOT attacking my argument. That's attacking me. (An "argument" cannot "posture")

I wish you would at least TRY to be an adult. Man up! Own up to your own actions. If you can't then don't do them! It's that simple.

LOL. YOU SAID I WAS POSTURING. That is NOT attacking my argument. That's attacking me. (An "argument" cannot "posture")
that's not attacking you. If you are posturing it has to do with what you're stating, not who you are.
I wish you would at least TRY to be an adult. Man up! Own up to your own actions. If you can't then don't do them! It's that simple.
I did point out that you were posturing that is not a personal attack. I wasn't making any statement about your character or person just what you said.

You can thump your chest and call out my masculinity to your heart's delight I am not threatened, I will man up and stick to my guns.

that's not attacking you. If you are posturing it has to do with what you're stating, not who you are.

Absurd.

I did point out that you were posturing that is not a personal attack.

Sorry, wrong.

I wasn't making any statement about your character or person just what you said.

By DEFINITION, posturing is related to a person or their character. Read a book.

You can thump your chest and call out my masculinity to your heart's delight I am not threatened, I will man up and stick to my guns.

You are unarmed.

Back
Top Bottom