• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AN ANTI-SCIENCE MANIA TAKES OVER GOP

The data is that there are over 7 billion people alive on Earth,
A number that can only be sustained, with energy we get from naturally stored hydrocarbons.
There are not enough of those naturally stored hydrocarbons, to allow everyone alive
to improve their condition to a first world lifestyle for very long, and the alternate energy sources,
cannot fill all the demands currently filled by fuels made from oil.
I am not talking about cars, but Jets, Ships, tractors, ect, the things that allows us to produce,
and transport enough food to sustain 7 billion people.
If we are not to become a world of energy rich and energy poor, we need a sustainable path forward,
where everyone alive could achieve a first world lifestyle if they choose to.
Within the scope of current technology, storing surplus alternate energy as man made hydrocarbons,
is about the only sustainable path forward.

A number that can only be sustained, with energy we get from naturally stored hydrocarbons.
There are not enough of those naturally stored hydrocarbons, to allow everyone alive
to improve their condition to a first world lifestyle for very long, and the alternate energy sources,
I am not talking about cars, but Jets, Ships, tractors, ect, the things that allows us to produce,
If we are not to become a world of energy rich and energy poor, we need a sustainable path forward,
Within the scope of current technology, storing surplus alternate energy as man made hydrocarbons,

Meh, the free market will take care of it. It’s magic and takes care of everything. Let’em pick themselves up by their own bootstraps. Why are you worried about it?

Meh, the free market will take care of it. It’s magic and takes care of everything. Let’em pick themselves up by their own bootstraps. Why are you worried about it?
I know what I am advocating. What are you advocating?

I know what I am advocating. What are you advocating?

You are advocating some policy. That’s tyranny. I am not advocating anything. We can’t know anything for sure anyway. Leave it all free and let’s see what happens. That’s real freedom.

We know that CO2 levels are raising, and that some of that raising is from Human emissions,
Although the exact percentage is uncertain.

Here's a handy summary of natural and human sources:

fig-7-03-1024x619.jpg

SOURCE: IPCC AR4 Fig 7.3

In other words we actually DO kinda know how much excess CO2 humans produce in the overall carbon cycle.

It is best to read the actual science when debating theses points.

You are advocating some policy. That’s tyranny. I am not advocating anything. We can’t know anything for sure anyway. Leave it all free and let’s see what happens. That’s real freedom.
For some reason, I do not believe you!

In other words we actually DO kinda know how much excess CO2 humans produce in the overall carbon cycle.

That is a nice graphic, but the range of uncertainty on some of those numbers are quite large.
The 6.4 Gt Carbon for fossil fuels emissions looks fairly close, and would equate out to ~ 3 ppm per year.

You deniers ar hilarious. You hang your hat on one particular aspect and claim that it is the be-all, end-all of the conversation . Not too long ago, there was a chatter in another but related thread (human overpopulation) who claimed that there was more than enough fossil energy to last for centuries and had the statistics to prove it. Now you say exactly the opposite. You are both deniers, just at the opposite end of the energy pole.
There are two kinds of deniers:
"Manmade global warming is a hoax!"
And
"There is AGW, BUT......!!!!!!
There are lots like you: "There is AGW, BUT it's not that big of a deal and those who claim it is a real problem are ALARMISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are not alone. There are plenty like you, and it's really not that far off from the comments made by Repub politicians in the OP.

You deniers ar hilarious. You hang your hat on one particular aspect and claim that it is the be-all, end-all of the conversation . Not too long ago, there was a chatter in another but related thread (human overpopulation) who claimed that there was more than enough fossil energy to last for centuries and had the statistics to prove it. Now you say exactly the opposite. You are both deniers, just at the opposite end of the energy pole.
There are two kinds of deniers:
"Manmade global warming is a hoax!"
And
"There is AGW, BUT......!!!!!!
There are lots like you: "There is AGW, BUT it's not that big of a deal and those who claim it is a real problem are ALARMISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are not alone. There are plenty like you, and it's really not that far off from the comments made by Repub politicians in the OP.
You what am I wrong about?

You what am I wrong about?

I have repeatedly posted information from NOAA and NASA at has shown that you are parsing much of the statistics that you present to come to conclusions that differ from the true intent of the statistics in order to push your “alarmist” view of AGW.

I have repeatedly posted information from NOAA and NASA at has shown that you are parsing much of the statistics that you present to come to conclusions that differ from the true intent of the statistics in order to push your “alarmist” view of AGW.
Actually what you have posted are people's unsupported opinions of where in range of uncertainty the future warming may be.
While I have posted, how the empirical data does not support high levels of feedbacks, based on how the climate has responded to earlier warming.

Actually what you have posted are people's unsupported opinions of where in range of uncertainty the future warming may be.
While I have posted, how the empirical data does not support high levels of feedbacks, based on how the climate has responded to earlier warming.

So NOAA and NASA can’t actually scientifically support their assertions? Do you really believe that? Perhaps the problem is with you, in that you perhaps have not delved deep enough into their supporting evidence,eh?

So NOAA and NASA can’t actually scientifically support their assertions? Do you really believe that? Perhaps the problem is with you, in that you perhaps have not delved deep enough into their supporting evidence,eh?

It is fascinating that the world's experts get so much of their own research wrong. If only they would spend more time on these fora in order to see how much they missed.

You seem overly focused on 'uncertainty'. Certainly science lives and dies by uncertainty. The key is that the uncertainty can be controlled to some greater or lesser extent. Just the existence of "uncertainty" doesn't mean anything. Uncertainty is part and parcel of ALL science.

Yet, for some unknown reason, the world's experts don't share your view. I hope you get published and soon. To be able to set science aright after 100 years of misguided failures that so accurately reflect what is going on would be amazing!

For some reason, I do not believe you!
You seem overly focused on 'uncertainty'. Certainly science lives and dies by uncertainty. The key is that the uncertainty can be controlled to some greater or lesser extent. Just the existence of "uncertainty" doesn't mean anything. Uncertainty is part and parcel of ALL science.

Yet, for some unknown reason, the world's experts don't share your view. I hope you get published and soon. To be able to set science aright after 100 years of misguided failures that so accurately reflect what is going on would be amazing!

He has been telling us that he uses this forum to hone his argument before he springs it on the unsuspecting scientific community. He has been honing for years. Boy is the scientific community going to be in for a surprise when he finally unleashes this razor-sharp argument on them! I can just see them now, smacking their foreheads and wondering why they never saw it themselves all these years! And then I'm sure it's going to be a Nobel waiting for Longview. I hope when that happens he remembers all us little people on this little internet chat forum on which he spent all these years honing his argument. :ROFLMAO:

fig-7-03-1024x619.jpg

Yes, that's one of many carbon cycle figures out there. I've seen ones I like better as the include things like carbon emissions from concrete production.

Here is the one out of the AR5, figure 6.1:

1610766038480.png

Figure 6.2 from the AR5 is for methane:

1610766120973.png

There the head of NASA also is a former climate denier appointed by Trump.

There the head of NASA also is a former climate denier appointed by Trump.

Your understanding if the English language is very lacking.

He is not a denier. He just isn't a follower of the AGW dogma.

He knows we have an impact. He doesn't deny that.

He knows we have an impact. He doesn't deny that.

So why aren’t you outraged that he changed his mind doesn’t deny it? I thought it was all just a Chinese hoax. I wanna see some outrage.

Most Norwegians I've met actually have a better grasp of the English language than your average American.

When one (formerly) denied the role of HUMANS in AGW that's denial. Remember what the word "ANTHROPOGENIC" means? You might want to look that one up.

Here's his former position:
Tell me your view on human contributions, if any, to what’s happening with the climate.

I would say that the climate is changing. It has always changed. There were periods of time long before the internal combustion engine when the Earth was much warmer than it is today. Going back to the 1600s, we have had mini Ice Ages from then to now.
SOURCE: http://www.omagdigital.com/publication/?i=307413&article_id=2500588&view=articleBrowser&ver=html5

Last edited:
So why aren’t you outraged that he changed his mind doesn’t deny it? I thought it was all just a Chinese hoax. I wanna see some outrage.
We've been over this before. If you watch the unedited video, you see he did not change his mind.

Most Norwegians I've met actually have a better grasp of the English language than your average American.
Does my Viking heritage count to you? I didn't choose Leif Erikson for no reason. I'm a direct descendant. My father has some interesting Viking artifacts.

When one (formerly) denied the role of HUMANS in AGW that's denial. Remember what the word "ANTHROPOGENIC" means? You might want to look that one up.

Here's his former position:

SOURCE: http://www.omagdigital.com/publication/?i=307413&article_id=2500588&view=articleBrowser&ver=html5
LOL...

The text does look correct, but there could be alterations since I don't have a photographic memory.

Still... Where is the denial? He never says we aren't warming the planet.

"WHERE'S THE BEEF?"

Seriously. Why do you think he is a denier by that exchange?

Please quote us any part that supports your contention.

Still... Where is the denial? He never says we aren't warming the planet.

So do you now fully agree with this quote of his :” "I believe fully in climate change and that we human beings are contributing to it in a major way."

So do you now fully agree with this quote of his :” "I believe fully in climate change and that we human beings are contributing to it in a major way."
I never did disagree that we have an impact.

What's your problem assigning ideas to me I don't possess?

Yes, we contribute in a major way. Primarily land use changes, and polluting the sky.

I didn't choose Leif Erikson for no reason. I'm a direct descendant. My father has some interesting Viking artifacts.

What parts of Scandinavia have you traveled to? I really like Scandinavia. I've been to Iceland 2X, Norway 2X and Finland more times than I recall.

Seriously. Why do you think he is a denier by that exchange?

When asked about humanity's role he suggests that climate changes even without human behavior. While that wouldn't necessarily mean he rules it out, the fact that it was in direct response to a question about HUMAN factors indicates denial.

Back
Top Bottom