• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Americans Are Dying In The Pandemic At Rates Far Higher Than In Other Countries

Indeed you did look at the numbers you come up with they don't make sense.
[/QUOTE]

I know, the numbers are larger than 20, the posts have a lot of big words, and the posts don't have a lot of pictures of scantily clad young women.

Sorry about that.

Please learn how to argue without becoming personal I know it's emotional for you. But you have to try and leave that out of it.

When you actually present something that remotely resembles evidentiary based factually correct arguments, we might get somewhere.

I know that you are capable of doing so, and am at a complete loss as to why you would continually decline to do so.

When you actually present something that remotely resembles evidentiary based factually correct arguments, we might get somewhere.

I know that you are capable of doing so, and am at a complete loss as to why you would continually decline to do so.
It's a waste of time.

The OP is an article about the higher per capita mortality rate in America vs other nations. The OP article and the study do not assert what you are asserting. The article itself doesn’t speculate on the cause and neither does the study. As I’ve pointed out, the higher rate is easily explained by the higher prevalence of underlying conditions here.

In the article, Emmanuel mentions that the US has the same public health measures as Italy but has a higher mortality health rate. What he doesn’t mention is that the United States also has significantly higher rates of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, etc. All of these are known to raise the risk of mortality in COVID patients and they are far more common here than in Italy. We should be seeing a higher mortality rate here than in Italy for that reason and this is borne out by the fact that 94% of patients who died from COVID here had such an underlying condition. Your link does not refute this.
Nap, the excess all-cause mortality rate for America takes into account all the underlying conditions in America. Your "nuh uhs" dont magically spin away a study from the Journal of American Medical Association, a respected peer-reviewed scientific journal. Its laughable that you think it does.
And now I know you're being dishonest on purpose because you took Emmanuael's statement out of context. HIs whole statement is "They've got the same public health measures we've got. They just implemented them effectively and we implemented them poorly."

CLAQUE
noun
noun: claque; plural noun: claques
  1. 1.
    a group of sycophantic followers.
    "she was surrounded by a claque of fawning admirers"

2. 2.
    a group of people hired to applaud (or heckle) a performer or public speaker.
Origin​
e93e265f0a242f1728498e4fb44f3376483734dc76c48b574b736201a7ed2074.png
mid 19th century: French, from claquer ‘to clap’. The practice of paying members of an audience for their support originated at the Paris opera.​
Translate claque to​
Use over time for: claque​

Not "exactly" a "colloquialism".
Ok.

And now they are finding Covid mutations.. Some mutations in animals.... Lots and lots of different species out there, Covid might be with us for quite awhile..

And now they are finding Covid mutations.. Some mutations in animals.... Lots and lots of different species out there, Covid might be with us for quite awhile..
My fear, maybe unfounded, is that domestic animals might encounter something like a mink in the wild and bring the disease home. Would we be seeing a cull of our pets as a result-especially cats, prone to wandering?

My fear, maybe unfounded, is that domestic animals might encounter something like a mink in the wild and bring the disease home. Would we be seeing a cull of our pets as a result-especially cats, prone to wandering?
We have 2 dogs and 3 cats.. 2 of the 3 cats are indoor-outdoor cats...

And yes when I wrote that I was thinking about the minks, but in the back of my mind I was thinking about pets... And farm animals..

Unless my fish are exposed, my household should be fine. They're the best example of pandemic pods.
:)

Back
Top Bottom