• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

American gun use is out of control. Shouldn't the world intervene [W:44]

Not until you use more serious sources the premise is not debunked!

This is funny. Let's just believe in things like pixie dust, unicorns, and dragons because people can't post absolutely definitive sources proving they don't exist. Can we not put 2 and 2 together? If you do any of your own research you will likely find that a majority of gun related death is not homicide. It's suicide. Suicide makes up for more than half of the gun related deaths in this country. And again, this is a problem with the people. If they want to kill themselves and they're serious about it, they will find a way. Don't you worry.

The world's got a bigger concern, and no moral authority to do squat...

Number of Abortions in US & Worldwide - Number of abortions since 1973

That is something I believe is up to the person. Should they do it, probably not, but people make mistakes, they have to live with them whatever their choice is. That's another debate. What about the issue of the government taking a THIRD of my paycheck and giving it to people who don't deserve it? What about the fact that this happens so the politicians passing this legislation get votes from those people? Unfair says I, I work for a living and they should too.

This is funny. Let's just believe in things like pixie dust, unicorns, and dragons because people can't post absolutely definitive sources proving they don't exist. Can we not put 2 and 2 together? If you do any of your own research you will likely find that a majority of gun related death is not homicide. It's suicide. Suicide makes up for more than half of the gun related deaths in this country. And again, this is a problem with the people. If they want to kill themselves and they're serious about it, they will find a way. Don't you worry.

One other way to have suicide may be drowning oneself in the pool. We have a thread about the pool and we could speak of it there.

Now, back to the gun related problem. It still is high and you should put some control measures.

That is something I believe is up to the person. Should they do it, probably not, but people make mistakes, they have to live with them whatever their choice is. That's another debate. What about the issue of the government taking a THIRD of my paycheck and giving it to people who don't deserve it? What about the fact that this happens so the politicians passing this legislation get votes from those people? Unfair says I, I work for a living and they should too.

I concur with the last bit. I was demonstrating the hypocrisy of the gun grabbers, as many who'd take them from me and you "for the children" are the first to line up an kill them wholesale...

What do you think fellows. Should we surrender the second and welcome the UN in to disarm America?

That's America, we say, as news of the latest massacre breaks – last week it was the slaughter of 12 people by Aaron Alexis at Washington DC's navy yard – and move on. But what if we no longer thought of this as just a problem for America and, instead, viewed it as an international humanitarian crisis – a quasi civil war, if you like, that calls for outside intervention? As citizens of the world, perhaps we should demand an end to the unimaginable suffering of victims and their families – the maiming and killing of children – just as America does in every new civil conflict around the globe.

The annual toll from firearms in the US is running at 32,000 deaths and climbing, even though the general crime rate is on a downward path (it is 40% lower than in 1980). If this perennial slaughter doesn't qualify for intercession by the UN and all relevant NGOs, it is hard to know what does.

American gun use is out of control. Shouldn't the world intervene? | Henry Porter | Comment is free | The Observer

I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic.....

I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic.....
Their seriousness belies our [legitimate] need to express sarcasm over the very notion being put forth.

The annual toll from firearms in the US is running at 32,000 deaths and climbing, even though the general crime rate is on a downward path (it is 40% lower than in 1980). If this perennial slaughter doesn't qualify for intercession by the UN and all relevant NGOs, it is hard to know what does.

Hmm lets examine that. "The annual toll from firearms". Most sensible people when faced with a statement like that would see that the statement is deliberately biased and incorrect. Yet somehow we have become convinced guns can kill and have drunk the cool-aid of gun control believing inanimate objects go out and kill or control people to kill. There is no greater liar on this earth than a gun control advocate. If anyone of them spent 5 minutes trying to prove what they claim there would be none. Instead they just believe the garbage gun control rams down our throats every day.

Who has proof guns killed anyone? Lets start at the most important aspect of this useless debate. Why do we accept that guns kill and join in this futile debate of defending guns like some kind of power that acts on its own. Just tell the gun control advocates to buzz off and go get a brain and education or claim the prize of proving guns killed or can cause people to kill.

We had better hope government never gets its hands on that power that resides in guns and uses it to control us. Best we protect our right to own arms without governments permission or interference.

Hmm lets examine that. "The annual toll from firearms". Most sensible people when faced with a statement like that would see that the statement is deliberately biased and incorrect. Yet somehow we have become convinced guns can kill and have drunk the cool-aid of gun control believing inanimate objects go out and kill or control people to kill. There is no greater liar on this earth than a gun control advocate. If anyone of them spent 5 minutes trying to prove what they claim there would be none. Instead they just believe the garbage gun control rams down our throats every day.

Who has proof guns killed anyone? Lets start at the most important aspect of this useless debate. Why do we accept that guns kill and join in this futile debate of defending guns like some kind of power that acts on its own. Just tell the gun control advocates to buzz off and go get a brain and education or claim the prize of proving guns killed or can cause people to kill.

We had better hope government never gets its hands on that power that resides in guns and uses it to control us. Best we protect our right to own arms without governments permission or interference.
Agreed.

This isn't about people being killed. It's about people owning guns. The really despicable thing, the truly dastardly thing here is the pretense that those who want to take our guns from us are "concerned" about people's lives; they could care less about who dies or how - something we've already demonstrated conclusively here.

Back
Top Bottom