• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

American Atrocities in Iraq

Damn would you look at that billy, I didnt have too....:lol: :lol:

oldreliable67 said:
Here is one:
Geraldo was banned because he violated operational security by giving out unit location data on a live TV report.

Here is another: I think it was you who quoted the newspaper accounts of the recent so-called 'mosque' attack in which certain ME news outlets showed bodies lying among prayer mats, etc. Here is another view of that attack:

Note that this appeared in Time magazine, a considerably less biased source than many you have offered.

Your saying those soldiers who came back from Nam admitting of their atrocities who were never tried in court makes us a righteous and good nation?

Really and do you have any proof? The limited few I have read about the people were court marshaled...
You are just like billy want to spin total bs to fit your way of thinking?

Yes, Yes. A threat to Israel means a threat to US. I would like to go after China and Korea, they have killed masses of their own people. Why haven't we? Because they're stronger? So, we attack the weaker first huh? Consistency is USA policy? Nope.

And when did china attack us? And when did we last fight NORTH Korea?
I swear you and billo must be brothers.
The illegal war in Afghanistan…:roll: :roll:

Why dont you get off the "We hate muslims BS!"

Last edited:
Originally posted by Cherokee:
And when did china attack us? And when did we last fight NORTH Korea?
I swear you and billo must be brothers.
The illegal war in Afghanistan…
When did Iraq attack us?

Billo_Really said:
When did Iraq attack us?

Its like this billo. (I'll say it so maybe you'll understand ok?)

Our leaders told us alot of bad things about this boogie man called saddam.
See him was a really bad man. Well went in and kicked hiss sorry a$$.
Now I don’t agree with time frame of doing that
But guess what its done and over with.
We have to clean up the mess we made and stand the people of Iraq on their own two feet.
But some people (like you) don’t want us to do that.
People like you think that because a few soldiers might be bad that all of them are..

Now did you get all of that?

Do you wish to talk about Afghan now?

Originally posted by oldreliable67:
Note that this appeared in Time magazine, a considerably less biased source than many you have offered.
There's two sides to every story now isn't it. I'm not going to discredit your source because I like Time myself. At this point in time, we don't know what the truth is. But I did find this statement in the Time article a little odd.

a promise that's what awaited him come nightfall. "They said they would take drugs and begin torturing me, that they'd go crazy," he told TIME.
It reminds me of a fiction writer trying to write a story on a subject he knows nothing about. It's just a little wierd to here someone say, "Were going to take drugs and torture you".

Billo_Really said:
Is it possible for you to put two coherent words together?

Not _really, but im some magical way you understand me, - maybe because you are............... so smart?
Billo_Really said:
If you think is is OK to blow people away just because you feel like it, then you got problems.

Billo, Billo, you know me, you know me pretty well, you know for sure what is OK for me and what is not OK. You know I have no problems. You know that I never felt like blowing people away; all I ever felt was like torturing you and not even to death, but so that you can slowly suffer.

Its like this billo. (I'll say it so maybe you'll understand ok?)

Our leaders told us alot of bad things about this boogie man called saddam.
See him was a really bad man. Well went in and kicked hiss sorry a$$.
Now I don’t agree with time frame of doing that
But guess what its done and over with.
We have to clean up the mess we made and stand the people of Iraq on their own two feet.
But some people (like you) don’t want us to do that.
People like you think that because a few soldiers might be bad that all of them are..

Now did you get all of that?

Do you wish to talk about Afghan now?
There are ways of making your point without being so condenscending. Everyone knows what kind of person Hussein is. And I don't have any answers on what we should do now. But I do know that you don't have a clue as to what I want. You want me to prove it? OK, here it is. What's my point? If you can answer that correctly, then maybe you do know. But if you can't, then you don't know what you are responding too. And therefore, you don't know what your talking about.

I've asked you to post the proof that I have said all the soldiers are bad. Or even if I infered it. Or alluded to it. Anything. Why don't you first prove something is so before you start acting like it is. Because if you don't, then an "act" is all it is.

Originally posted by justone:
Not _really, but im some magical way you understand me, - maybe because you are............... so smart?
I'm the first one to admit that I'm no Einstein.

Originally posted by justone:
Billo, Billo, you know me, you know me pretty well, you know for sure what is OK for me and what is not OK. You know I have no problems. You know that I never felt like blowing people away; all I ever felt was like torturing you and not even to death, but so that you can slowly suffer.
I thought you killed me on that other thread. Now I'm all confused.

Billo_Really said:
I'm the first one to admit that I'm no Einstein.

Again, you jumped ahead of me. Now I have to be the second in the line..

Billo_Really said:
Now I'm all confused.

That is good enough for me for today.

beyondtherim55008@yahoo.c said:
I can guarantee you; in 5-10 years, some soldiers are going to tell you stories that will tell of the atrocities they saw or did--they will be out of the military, no more Bush, no more incentive/orders for them to shut the mouths. Then we will see how you post in defense. I bet you will call them liars in the future and heroes of the present--you hypocrites.

This crap has "reality" only in your brain - nowhere else. What "orders for them to shut the mouths"?? If that's not just typical appeaser mental masturbation, let me hear your proof. Come on, speak up.

Billo_Really said:
There are ways of making your point without being so condenscending. Everyone knows what kind of person Hussein is. And I don't have any answers on what we should do now. But I do know that you don't have a clue as to what I want. You want me to prove it? OK, here it is. What's my point? If you can answer that correctly, then maybe you do know. But if you can't, then you don't know what you are responding too. And therefore, you don't know what your talking about.

I've asked you to post the proof that I have said all the soldiers are bad. Or even if I infered it. Or alluded to it. Anything. Why don't you first prove something is so before you start acting like it is. Because if you don't, then an "act" is all it is.

Just how many times have you posted about American soldiers killing innocent people on purpose? How many times have you twisted abuse into torture?
You want me to search all your posts fine I can do but here’s one I found that you posted that I think sums you right up.
Remember its a pic you posted...

propagandashockawe6yx.jpg

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=51132&postcount=4

Just how many times have you posted about American soldiers killing innocent people on purpose? How many times have you twisted abuse into torture?
You want me to search all your posts fine I can do but here’s one I found that you posted that I think sums you right up.
Remember its a pic you posted...
Judging from all the things that I could post, I think I'm holding back
an awful lot. How many times have I posted something good about the troops?

34994779pitch9ov.jpg

Billo_Really]Judging from all the things that I could post, I think I'm holding back
an awful lot. How many times have I posted something good about the troops?

So what you’re saying is you play both sides of the fence.
You cry of American atrocities in Iraq but then post a pic of soldiers playing baseball with Iraqi kids...hmm ok...:roll:

Last edited:
So what you’re saying is you play both sides of the fence.
You cry of American atrocities in Iraq but then post a pic of soldiers playing baseball with Iraqi kids...hmm ok...
I'm not playing anything, but you certainly are.

Billo_Really said:
I'm not playing anything, but you certainly are.

Whatever...:roll:

Whatever...
I guess you'd rather have me look the other way when atrocities are being commited in my name. Or allow you to shoot anyone you feel like it. Or be quiet when this country is getting more and more like Nazi Germany with every day.

Or maybe I should just sit back and let you say a bunch of crap about me that you can't prove. And what's the point of all that anyway? It doesn't seem like you are interested at all in making things better or doing what is right.

Billo_Really I guess you'd rather have me look the other way when atrocities are being commited in my name. Or allow you to shoot anyone you feel like it. Or be quiet when this country is getting more and more like Nazi Germany with every day.
Or maybe I should just sit back and let you say a bunch of crap about me that you can't prove. And what's the point of all that anyway? It doesn't seem like you are interested at all in making things better or doing what is right.

So now we are becoming Nazi's?....:roll:

It you who cant make the distinction between claims of abuse and torture. Its you who yells American Atrocities with out any hard proof. Just some clip you find at an anti war site. Its you who blows chit out of proportion. Not I.

Or allow you to shoot anyone you feel like it.

Yes billo we should target everybody.
Shoot them all let, God sort them out……….:roll:

It doesn't seem like you are interested at all in making things better or doing what is right.

Another great billo statement…hmmm..I send money to the Red Cross, I send care packages to soldiers, I also collect clothes and blankets to send Afghan and Iraq.
What are you doing to make things better?

Another great billo statement…hmmm..I send money to the Red Cross, I send care packages to soldiers, I also collect clothes and blankets to send Afghan and Iraq.
What are you doing to make things better?
Obviously nothing while talking to you. Other than that, here's my short list:
  • Vote in every election
  • Pay my taxes
  • Address my grievances with my elected officials
  • Try not to lie to myself
  • Not live my life at someone else's expense
  • Allow bullshit Christians to think they can be for God and for War at the same time.

So now we are becoming Nazi's?....

It you who cant make the distinction between claims of abuse and torture. Its you who yells American Atrocities with out any hard proof. Just some clip you find at an anti war site. Its you who blows chit out of proportion. Not I.
What are you doing, speaking out in defense of abuse? Are you saying abusing people is a noble act? That clip was from American GI's that served in Iraq. I thought you supported the troops. Who's the one playing both sides now?

You know in all this arguing over sources and the pictures favoured by various posters we seem to have lost sight of the original message of this post.

American soldiers have been responsible for the deaths of innocent civilians in accidents and/or acts of atrocity. Is this okay to you? Should it be excused as collateral damage or the price of "liberating Iraq", or is it at best incompetent stupid and at worst murder?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Enola/Alone
You know in all this arguing over sources and the pictures favoured by various posters we seem to have lost sight of the original message of this post.

American soldiers have been responsible for the deaths of innocent civilians in accidents and/or acts of atrocity. Is this okay to you? Should it be excused as collateral damage or the price of "liberating Iraq", or is it at best incompetent stupid and at worst murder?
Thank you! That is exactly the point of this thread.

And Welcome to Debate Politics.

Billo_Really said:
What are you doing, speaking out in defense of abuse? Are you saying abusing people is a noble act? That clip was from American GI's that served in Iraq. I thought you supported the troops. Who's the one playing both sides now?

I didn’t speak out in defense of abuse. I just don’t jump to conclusions.
If they are charged and convicted with a crime they get punished…

So you base your entire claim of abuse of one person?
One maybe disgruntled person?
If this is sooo wide spread then why is it we only hear a few stories every now and then?

You have called on me to kill myself several times, does that mean I need to listen to one stupid sob?

Enola/Alone said:

Gee I'm sorry its called WAR!
And there is a difference between accidents and atrocities.
BUT both are investigated.
No one wants innocent people to die but guess what?
It happens.
Take that back the insurgents don’t give a damn who dies.

God you two make it sound like troops go around looking for people to shoot.

If this is sooo wide spread then why is it we only hear a few stories every now and then?
When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

God you two make it sound like troops go around looking for people to shoot.
The article I provided confirmed it.

Back
Top Bottom