• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Amazon CEO Bezos donates $2.5 million for same-sex marriage

Definitely. I've used the free two-day shipping more than once, for sure.

and overnight for just 3.99

I love all the videos they have on demand for free thats the best part

If I buy a chick fil a sandwich through amazon, do I create a time-space rift?

Don't lump us all together. I couldn't care less what causes businesses donate money to.

I actually prefer when posters talk that way, liberals, conservatives etc. It lets me know right away that they arent to be taken seriously

Wait Im confused, he is an asshole because he donated millions to fight for equal rights?

but

the other Chick-Fil-A person that donated millions to hate groups and to fight against equal rights is ok?

or did you not know that an you think they are both assholes for not giving to starving children?

and for the record I believe that any community that bans chick fil a simply based on the views of its owner would be practicing unfair discrimination.

The owner has a right to believe what he wants and to be a bigot :shrug:
just like people have the right to call him on it

Thread wasn't about Chik, that simple.

And I believe I said I'd still do business with Amazon. As for Cathy, normally not into the southern tent preacher religion, but I would support Chik against the local government. Bezos doesn't have that problem, he's on the the current popular side.

Thread wasn't about Chik, that simple.

And I believe I said I'd still do business with Amazon. As for Cathy, normally not into the southern tent preacher religion, but I would support Chik against the local government. Bezos doesn't have that problem, he's on the the current popular side.

That was I asked you instead of assume.
I also support chik from being unfairly discriminated against.

Now could you answer my questions please is Cathy also an asshole for not donating millions to starving children?

That was I asked you instead of assume.
I also support chik from being unfairly discriminated against.

Now could you answer my questions please is Cathy also an asshole for not donating millions to starving children?

Sure, why not. Pretty sure he does though. It's a Christian thing, we often donate to charity (and generally don't consider political issue groups charity).

Btw, thanks for asking and not assuming.

Last edited:
Jeff Bezos just got at least $2.5 million in free advertising for making his very public "charitable" donation.

Anyone who uses his service merely because they heard of this donation has been crassly manipulated by him. You ought to be more clever than that. Huckabee's Chick-Fil-A day I hasten to point out was not sponsored by Chick-Fil-A, though it was no less a self-righteous stunt than Bezos'.

Sent from my homing pigeon using Crapatalk.

Sure, why not. Pretty sure he does though. It's a Christian thing, we often donate to charity (and generally don't consider political issue groups charity).

Btw, thanks for asking and not assuming.

So cathy is also an asshole for donating millions to a hate group and not to starving kids. Gotcha. i just wanted to understand your position.

and you're welcome because there are quite a few stupid people around here that assume stuff then even when you correct them they tell YOU not you are wrong YOU meant this. Its pretty funny actually.

I always ask and then in the rare cases I do assume I accept the correction and or admit i was wrong because i assumed.

So cathy is also an asshole for donating millions to a hate group and not to starving kids. Gotcha. i just wanted to understand your position.

Nice framing. That aside, if all he donates to are political issue groups, then yes, asshole! However, I don't recall ever hearing about Cathy's donations until this dustup. Bezos announced his to the world. See Chuck Berry's post - that adds to the asshole element in my book.

Nice framing. That aside, if all he donates to are political issue groups, then yes, asshole! However, I don't recall ever hearing about Cathy's donations until this dustup. Bezos announced his to the world. See Chuck Berry's post - that adds to the asshole element in my book.

To be fair, I don't know if perhaps Cathy touted his donation on Christian radio or other such media outlets as I generally don't follow them, it's possible that he touted his support to what he thinks is his base to keep them coming in.

AFAIC this isn't a Zero sum game, just because Bezos is crass and manipulative doesn't mean Cathy isn't.

Sent from my homing pigeon using Crapatalk.

What did I frame? I stated it just like I did in the original question, no framing.

and you are welcome to the opinion of Bezos all you want, has nothing to do with what I wanted to know.

but for me, IMO, I dont see Bezos as and asshole at all compared to Cathy.

Now yes there are probably better ways to use his money if he hasnt already THAT I AGREE WITH 100%

But when comparing giving millions to hate groups and to fight against equal rights vs millions to fight for equal rights theres no comparison. Bezo wins that hands down.

Now it is a good point to say maybe he did it just to draw business and in general that can be viewed as a negative but I dont care if the millions actually go to fight for equal rights :shrug:

try to stay on topic and if you have any questions to how I feel or what i am actually saying feel free to ask. Just like I did for you give me the courtesy and dont assume.

Lets be clear on where I stand.

Chick has the right to open up business where ever they want if other buisness can to, otherwise It unfiar discrimination and I will support them in that fight.

If you think Bezos is an asshole for not giving to starving children you should think Cathy is too

Cathy is a bigot but he has the right to voice his opinions just like others have the right to call him out on it

Cathy donated millions to a hate group and against equal rights, thats bad no matter the reasons

Bezos donated millions for equal rights, thats good no matter the reasons

BOTH of them could have found better ways to donate their money but equal rights is pretty good. Starving children is probably better like you said.

these are my stances :shrug:

anything else you want to know ask

Back
Top Bottom