• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Am I Alone Here?

:( Truth. our political discussion has gotten tribal and stupid by people who think they are engaging in "combat" ( :rolleyes: ) rather than talking over complex issues with fellow, adult, Americans.
while not as obvious a "both sides" post it's still a "both sides" post. There is no equal but opposite of what conservatives have spewed the last 15-20 years. Again CP, there is nothing to compare to conservative attacks on the election and democracy for you to even imply a "both sides" narrative. Just remember, these are the same people who thought President Obama was born in Kenya, his BC a forgery, he wants to kill old people, the vile and disgusting "stand down" lies and my personal favorite, "republicans really really really want to lower the deficit if not balance the budget". And now they're turning on Fox for not being 100% obedient to their cause.

There is so much crapola being posted in the time since the media called the election for Biden/Harris. I cannot follow all of it and I will scroll to the end of a thread because I just cannot keep up if I follow the entire posting timeline..........is it just me?

Hang in there, Rex! As you can see by all the responses you're getting in this thread, you are most definitely not alone!

This board can be overwhelming at times. I can be typing a post, see a roach nearby and step on it, and when I come back to the keyboard I will have missed three or four responses. I guess I need to either learn to type faster or hire an exterminator.

Anyway, Rex, I always enjoy reading your posts, so please don't stop posting. Without your big hat and red beard, the board wouldn't be the same. :)

Hang in there, Rex! As you can see by all the responses you're getting in this thread, you are most definitely not alone!

This board can be overwhelming at times. I can be typing a post, see a roach nearby and step on it, and when I come back to the keyboard I will have missed three or four responses. I guess I need to either learn to type faster or hire an exterminator.

Anyway, Rex, I always enjoy reading your posts, so please don't stop posting. Without your big hat and red beard, the board wouldn't be the same. :)
That was no roach.
That was one of Trump's lawyers.

There is so much crapola being posted in the time since the media called the election for Biden/Harris. I cannot follow all of it and I will scroll to the end of a thread because I just cannot keep up if I follow the entire posting timeline..........is it just me?
Agreed....and you started this thread 2 weeks ago.
Things are much worse now.
I think the ever increasing crapola pile has now broken through its retaining walls and is threatening the surrounding community.

No, you're not alone. A thread can be posted in the morning and have pages of replies. Sometimes I just read the first pages, reply, then jump to the last pages. Some nonsense threads since Biden/Harris won the election, I just bypass and consider them troll threads, some have no basis in fact or reality, many coupled with senseless polls.

I appreciate that this is an active forum and many here like yourself are intelligent, informed posters. But I don't think any of us have enough hours in the day to give full attention to each thread. Like you say, the crapola is obvious and worth sidestepping.

Of late I've been replying to the OP and going from there, maybe I'll scan through and respond to a couple more, but once a thread passes perhaps 50-100 posts I'm not going to be reading them all.

You're definitely not alone.
The key to how the whole Trump Train works IS chaos.
Spew enough chaos out there and you end up burying everyone, to the point where they can't digest.
It's like trying to fill a teacup with a firehose at 200 psi.
It definitely felt like that Monday. A whole lot of agitprop manufactured over the weekend, I guess.

The thing is, you CAN'T, no matter how hard you try, keep up with it. I tried at first, being concerned about some of the claims. But they were soon either explained, debunked or dismissed in court, and then they started reappearing, same vein, similar allegations, states and cities being mixed up, who cares where it happened, being challenged with a question like, WHAT ABOUT THOSE 20,000 VOTES? HMM? Or that postal worker (which one?)

See, we don't have to keep up or know what they're screaming about, because they have no basis in fact, and they can't be debated. I keep being reminded of that great SNL spoof on Scottie Nell Hughes during the Trump campaign.

It definitely felt like that Monday. A whole lot of agitprop manufactured over the weekend, I guess.

The thing is, you CAN'T, no matter how hard you try, keep up with it. I tried at first, being concerned about some of the claims. But they were soon either explained, debunked or dismissed in court, and then they started reappearing, same vein, similar allegations, states and cities being mixed up, who cares where it happened, being challenged with a question like, WHAT ABOUT THOSE 20,000 VOTES? HMM? Or that postal worker (which one?)

See, we don't have to keep up or know what they're screaming about, because they have no basis in fact, and they can't be debated. I keep being reminded of that great SNL spoof on Scottie Nell Hughes during the Trump campaign.

You can't break me, Kate, because I'm crazy. AND CRAZY DON'T BREAK.

You are correct in all particulars, my friend. I have good discussions with Felis Leo and cpwill as well, because they, like we, are willing to be persuaded. My ignore list is filled with partisans who merely come on here to spew bile and nonsense and I have no tolerance for that (even from Mods and Dungeon-dwellers I cannot "ignore"). There are a number of new idiots that get ignored after their first few posts. That has helped me weed out a lot of crap and allowed me to keep perspective and not waste time. I will occasionally view a post others have responded to, and very occasionally put in my two cents, but I find it only encourages them to direct further idiocy at me even after I have politely invited them not to. If I were able to avoid sanctions, I'd list the most excreble to warn others.
It is quite possible to just not get rattled. Why even have an ignore list? Why not just accept that others think differently and move on?

It is quite possible to just not get rattled. Why even have an ignore list? Why not just accept that others think differently and move on?
I've seen nothing yet that would make me consider ignoring someone here.

I know I've hit at least one list. Maybe more.

I've seen nothing yet that would make me consider ignoring someone here.

I know I've hit at least one list. Maybe more.
I was tempted once or twice, but reflected on my own intolerance of other people's pov.

Let me simplify:

You're assuming thinking is part of it whereas NW just indicated that's the main problem....the lack of thinking.

Yeah. That's pretty much amazing too since after the 2016 election there was nothing but sanity and well thought out explanations for how Trump and Russia coordinated to destroy Hillary Clinton and America as a whole. The liberals around here are SOOO much smarter, wittier and, dog gone it, just better looking than everyone else that, well, shucks, I'm just totally humbled that they allow me here to bask in their glory.

Let me simplify:

I just watched this again and it was as good as the first time I saw it. Might as well laugh as cry. LOL

I honestly stopped paying any but the very scantest level of attention to the election weeks ago.

If there is an actual case to be made somewhere in this mess, either Trump's team will make it before the deadline, or the GOP will dig it up in investigation later on. If not, then Biden will simply be President... At least until 2024.

The thing is pretty squarely "out of my hands" at this point either way. No point in stressing my self out over it. I'm sure there will be "stressful" times aplenty up ahead.

Yeah. That's pretty much amazing too since after the 2016 election there was nothing but sanity and well thought out explanations for how Trump and Russia coordinated to destroy Hillary Clinton and America as a whole. The liberals around here are SOOO much smarter, wittier and, dog gone it, just better looking than everyone else that, well, shucks, I'm just totally humbled that they allow me here to bask in their glory.

:love:(y)

Back
Top Bottom