• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Although a TERRIBLE TRAGEDY, I miss the country’s unity after 9/11.

I've said it before: if 9/11 happened today, about 42% of the country would be calling it a blue state problem before blaming the New York governor for the "disastrous response."

2,977 died on 9/11.

He was playing into the narrative that it was a racial based incident, and insinuated that Martin was the victim who was profiled, followed, and shot to death because he was black. He made those comments after the jury had acquitted George Zimmerman, and after we learned through witness testimony and 911 recordings that it was Martin who was the aggressor who had attacked Zimmerman, and that he wasn't profiled and followed because he was black, but because of what Zimmerman (a member of neighborhood watch) believed was suspicious and unusual behavior by Martin. There wasn't one shred of evidence presented at that trial that indicated that race had played any part in Zimmerman's actions that night, but Obama got in front of the cameras and acted like race had played a part.

That was the president adopting a narrative and taking a side that the facts had already shown to be false. He could have used that incident as a lesson and sent a message to all teens that violence and aggression is not the answer, but he didn't.

LOL, race almost certainly did play a part, and Zimmerman is a scumbag. Obama was correct in his assertions.

Christ, there are even videos of your hero Trump saying Zimmerman was a "bad guy". ironic, considering Zimmerman's loser brother is a Trump fluffer on twitter.

LOL, race almost certainly did play a part, and Zimmerman is a scumbag. Obama was correct in his assertions.

Christ, there are even videos of your hero Trump saying Zimmerman was a "bad guy". ironic, considering Zimmerman's loser brother is a Trump fluffer on twitter.

Sorry, but I watched every single day of that trial, and there was no evidence what so ever that race played any part in that incident.

Sorry, but I watched every single day of that trial, and there was no evidence what so ever that race played any part in that incident.

Other than the fact that he admitted that because Martin looked like recent burglars, yeah race didn't play a part...;)

Other than the fact that he admitted that because Martin looked like recent burglars, yeah race didn't play a part...;)

He never said that. You need to stop getting your facts from leftist blogs.

Here's the thing, even if he had said that, that wouldn't have made his actions racist because his call to police was based on not knowing Martin to be a resident of the neighborhood and what he was observed to be doing, not based on a racial profile. Here's what he told police during his interview:

"I've never seen him in the neighborhood. I know all the residents. It was raining out and he was leisurely walking, taking his time, looking at all the houses."

That was true because Martin had been there only a few days (or less) and was staying/visiting with his father.

Sorry, but no matter how much you wish it was, race was never shown to be a factor in what took place that night.

Even with the Iraq war he won reelection due to his handling of 911.

Which was actually not good, but many people liked things like the 'ground zero speech'. It wasn't 'real' national unity. It didn't 'really' bring the nation together. It was a sort of shared shock and shared enemy, that didn't even look much at the underlying issues of Middle East policy, and it did directly lead to the disastrous Iraq occupation caused by Bush's incompetence.

People might have felt united after 9/11 but it was a divisive event historically that probably sowed the seeds for the end of the democratic republic.

He was playing into the narrative that it was a racial based incident, and insinuated that Martin was the victim who was profiled, followed, and shot to death because he was black. He made those comments after the jury had acquitted George Zimmerman, and after we learned through witness testimony and 911 recordings that it was Martin who was the aggressor who had attacked Zimmerman, and that he wasn't profiled and followed because he was black, but because of what Zimmerman (a member of neighborhood watch) believed was suspicious and unusual behavior by Martin. There wasn't one shred of evidence presented at that trial that indicated that race had played any part in Zimmerman's actions that night, but Obama got in front of the cameras and acted like race had played a part.

That was the president adopting a narrative and taking a side that the facts had already shown to be false. He could have used that incident as a lesson and sent a message to all teens that violence and aggression is not the answer, but he didn't.

Because knowing what we now know of Mr. Zimmermans STELLAR character, it's so UNLIKELY he just wanted to shoot someone?:lamo:2rofll::lamo

:stop:

Yer Killin' me! :lamo

Because knowing what we now know of Mr. Zimmermans STELLAR character, it's so UNLIKELY he just wanted to shoot someone?:lamo:2rofll::lamo

:stop:

Yer Killin' me! :lamo

That's irrelevant.

His character doesn't in any way change the facts of the case, or change what Obama said after knowing that race had nothing to do with the incident and that Martin was the aggressor who violently attacked Zimmerman..

That's irrelevant.

His character doesn't in any way change the facts of the case, or change what Obama said after knowing that race had nothing to do with the incident and that Martin was the aggressor who violently attacked Zimmerman..

ZERO evidence of that.... :roll:

If you're just gonna makes stuff up, then not much to discuss.

ZERO evidence of that.... :roll:

If you're just gonna makes stuff up, then not much to discuss.

Everything from the witness testimony, to the physical evidence at the scene, as well as the medical and forensic evidence, and the 911 recordings, all corroborate Zimmerman's account of what took place that night.

Trayvon Martin ran between two buildings toward his fathers house and out of sight while Zimmerman was still in his truck. Martin had every opportunity to return to his fathers home, but chose not to. He instead hid, watched Zimmerman pass by while on the phone with police, and waited for Zimmerman to pass by on his way back to his truck, came up behind him and attacked. The physical evidence at the scene backs that up and corroborates Zimmerman's account of the altercation. Based on where it started, Martin had to have approached Zimmerman and initiated the confrontation, not the other way around. That's why the jury returned a unanimous verdict of not guilty.

I took a lot of interest in that case. I studied every aspect of it, including every piece of evidence presented and every eye witness account. I watched every single day of that trial and only missed 3 hours of testimony (which I went back and watched video of). So don't tell me I'm making things up pal.

If you want me to be specific, I'd say Obama and the media tore us apart. During the Obama administration we became more divided than ever. And the media probably had more responsibility on dividing us than Obama did.

Oh, yes.

This "unpleasantness" did get really started with the 2008 election.

Certain folks started to feel that they were now an entitled group.

And the media were cheer leaders for that point of view.

It is now impossible to put the genie back in the bottle.

Hold onto your seat. We are in for a wild ride, no matter who wins on November 3.

Our foreign enemies are laughing their arses off as they watch our country implode.

He never said that. You need to stop getting your facts from leftist blogs.

Here's the thing, even if he had said that, that wouldn't have made his actions racist because his call to police was based on not knowing Martin to be a resident of the neighborhood and what he was observed to be doing, not based on a racial profile. Here's what he told police during his interview:

"I've never seen him in the neighborhood. I know all the residents. It was raining out and he was leisurely walking, taking his time, looking at all the houses."

That was true because Martin had been there only a few days (or less) and was staying/visiting with his father.

Sorry, but no matter how much you wish it was, race was never shown to be a factor in what took place that night.

Haha, ok Grim, continue to remain delusional. How would he know he wasn't a resident there? Did he know everyone?

Face it, he racially profiled him. You can continue to pretend otherwise to suit your phony narrative, but anyone who isn't a complete hack, know what Zimmerman did. As I pointed out, even your hero Trump knows Zimmerman is a turd.

I mean people on both sides of the aisle were united. We all loved our country. There was no America bashing, even from the majority of the media. All races were unified and not blaming one another. American flags constantly sold out at stores. I wish certain people didn’t do what they did to break us apart a little later. It seems many people have forgotten what happened back then. We need to be unified again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9/11/2001 is when we started losing our soul to fascism.

Haha, ok Grim, continue to remain delusional. How would he know he wasn't a resident there? Did he know everyone?

Face it, he racially profiled him. You can continue to pretend otherwise to suit your phony narrative, but anyone who isn't a complete hack, know what Zimmerman did. As I pointed out, even your hero Trump knows Zimmerman is a turd.

He was the most active member of Neighborhood Watch, that's how he knows.

If you would take the time to do a little research you would not only be more informed, but you wouldn't make so many incorrect assumptions.

He was the most active member of Neighborhood Watch, that's how he knows.

If you would take the time to do a little research you would not only be more informed, but you wouldn't make so many incorrect assumptions.

I actually followed the case, and I know very well about Zimmerman's background.

The only people who hold him in high regard or naive enough to think he didn't racially profile Trayvon are, of course, "conservatives.

I actually followed the case, and I know very well about Zimmerman's background.

If you knew his background, then why did you question his knowledge of the local residents?

It doesn't matter, because if you followed the case yourself, and not someone else's opinions on some left wing blog, then you would know that there was absolutely nothing that would indicate that race had anything to do with what took place.

If you knew his background, then why did you question his knowledge of the local residents?

It doesn't matter, because if you followed the case yourself, and not someone else's opinions on some left wing blog, then you would know that there was absolutely nothing that would indicate that race had anything to do with what took place.

Sure Grim, keep tap dancing and defending the indefensible. Keep ignoring anything with an obvious racial component and blaming Obama or whoever else you're told are "the real racists".

Back
Top Bottom