• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Alito = No Bush Impeachment

Deegan said:
Please miss, I didn't "make it up"..... you did, and I just wonder why you used such strong words, forgive me for being so presumptuous!:roll:

Shits and giggles. I don't know. Why not? It was the first crime I thought of.

Kelzie said:
Shits and giggles. I don't know. Why not? It was the first crime I thought of.

You said "**** and giggles", I have to give you that, I'll just let it stand then, lol!;)

NYStateofMind said:
In the interest of accuracy....

Yes, Clinton was impeached by the House. However, Clinton also most certainly *was* brought up on charges and tried by the Senate, completing the impeachment process. He was found not guilty, which is why he wasn't removed from office, or sent to jail.

Yes but in a plea bargain he gave up his law license for committing perjury..

Since he left office, Bill Clinton has still been hitting the podium—for speeches around the world. He rakes in about $125,000 per speech in the U.S. and as much as $250,000 for those given abroad. But his popularity—and those dollar figures—may only be getting bigger, at least in the near term, as his long-awaited memoir My Life hit stores last month.

2004 Pay $6 mil

Law license? I don't need no stinkin' law license!!.....LOL!! :lol:

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Nixon was never Impeached he resigned and then he was pardoned by Gerald Ford. Not to mention it was the Republican George Bush senior who asked him to resign.

Umm thanks. We just spent three pages talking about that. The difference between committing a murder and getting charged for it, right Deegan? ;)

Kelzie said:
Umm thanks. We just spent three pages talking about that. The difference between committing a murder and getting charged for it, right Deegan? ;)

I like Nixon and am still wondering why Com.... I mean the Democrats hate him so much after all he opened up trade with China and ended the Vietnam War.

I like Nixon and am still wondering why Com.... I mean the Democrats hate him so much after all he opened up trade with China and ended the Vietnam War.

:roll: That does not surprise me in the least.

Kelzie said:
:roll: That does not surprise me in the least.

You would think that the President who ended the War in Vietnam would be a hero to the left, sh!t if there was a (D) in front of his name he probably would be heralded as one of the greatest Presidents in history by the Dems.

And that's not even taking into account his policies on the environment, regulation, and trade with China. By todays standards Nixon would be a damn dirty liberal.

You would think that the President who ended the War in Vietnam would be a hero to the left, sh!t if there was a (D) in front of his name he probably would be heralded as one of the greatest Presidents in history by the Dems.

And that's not even taking into account his policies on the environment, regulation, and trade with China. By todays standards Nixon would be a damn dirty liberal.

I think it was his little "problem" with corruption that makes most people not like him. Except you evidently.

Because he was a paranoid, corrupt freak. Are you gonna give Nixon the old "Pinochet-Is-A-Hero" Defense too?

Kandahar said:
Because he was a paranoid, corrupt freak. Are you gonna give Nixon the old "Pinochet-Is-A-Hero" Defense too?

:lol: Nice.....

Kandahar said:
No, in order to be impeached the House of Representatives has to vote to impeach you. You certainly don't have to commit a crime.

PS Bill Clinton was not convicted of any crime.

Yes he was. He was fined $90,000 for contempt of court relating to his perjury.

Dat's a crime.

26 X World Champs said:
Exactly...sadly there are some people who are either ignorant of the process or cannot accept that it ended up being a failed attempt at making a blow job into a crime. Amazing really when you consider that our current American Taliban regime is breaking law after law, has killed thousands of Americans, permanently maiming tens of thousands more, etc. etc. etc.

The saddest fact is that so many people refuse to understand that the issue was the Executives sworn duty to uphold and enforce the law. That includes not committing perjury.

First Article of Impeachment? He committed perjury. That's not denied by anyone. All you hear on this are the softer heads talking about blowjobs. Why don't all you people who think it's about blowjobs run out and buy two, then go home and give one to your friends?

Second Article of Impeachment? It wasn't about the bj! It was about the civil suit with Paula Jones and his abuse of federal power to deny her day in court for his perverted actions against her and cover up all his criminal behavior in connection with it.

Kelzie said:
Nixon was a dem? Really?

Nixon wasn't impeached. Then again, Nixon had the decency to resign. (Or it could be that Nixon could count, and he didn't have enough FBI files to sway the Senate....)

He proved Alger Hiss was a commie spy (not surprising, since he did work for Roosevelt). Also, Nixon served on the House Unamerican Activities Committee, so he got Hollyweird pissed off at him.

And, finally, when the truly looney radical left hijacked the Democratic party in 1972 with McGovern, Nixon beat him handily.

That Nixon was the liberal's best friend in office doesn't matter. His skin wasn't the right color...I mean he wasn't a Democrat.

Nixon was useful after his retirement. I've read some of his books. Unlike one ex-President, he didn't waste his time banging a nails with hammer, and unlike another ex-President, he didn't waste time banging ...never mind.

But he had the true decent the STFU about US policy initiatives implemented by his successors, no matter how totally stupid the two that followed him were, again, unlike another ex-President.

Last edited:
Kandahar said:

Well if I came into office after the assasination of JFK who was killed by a man who started out in the fair play for Cuba committee, I would be putting taps on the phones of leftists groups that supported the North Vietnamese too.

Well if I came into office after the assasination of JFK who was killed by a man who started out in the fair play for Cuba committee, I would be putting taps on the phones of leftists groups that supported the North Vietnamese too.

He bugged his own office. He broke into the Democratic headquarters.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Nixon wasn't impeached. Then again, Nixon had the decency to resign. (Or it could be that Nixon could count, and he didn't have enough FBI files to sway the Senate....)

Jesus christ people. Read the thread before you respond. My personal opinion is that if you do the crime, it doesn't really matter if they bring you to court or not. You still did it. You disagree?

Kandahar said:
He bugged his own office. He broke into the Democratic headquarters.

He did not break into the democratic offices........When he found out about the break in he covered it up....

Navy Pride said:
He did not break into the democratic offices........When he found out about the break in he covered it up....

This is splitting hairs. Nixon wasn't a man who was particularly loyal to his friends; I find it difficult to believe that he would risk his political career to cover up a crime that didn't involve him in the first place.

Kandahar said:
This is splitting hairs. Nixon wasn't a man who was particularly loyal to his friends; I find it difficult to believe that he would risk his political career to cover up a crime that didn't involve him in the first place.

You can believe it or not but that is what the record shows...........The irony is Nixon was re elected President by one of the widest margins in the history of presidential elections carrying 49 states.......

His crime was covering up the break in........If he would have been up front on that issue he would have been able to serve out his term and possibly go down in history as one of our greatest presidents especially in the area of froeign relations where he was responsible for the break through with relations with China.............

Kelzie said:
Jesus christ people. Read the thread before you respond. My personal opinion is that if you do the crime, it doesn't really matter if they bring you to court or not. You still did it. You disagree?

Mea culpa! I realized that after!

:spank:

Kelzie said:
Kinda like the difference between committing murder and being convicted of it? Huh. Although I suppose that's not much of a difference after all.

More like copping a plea, as did Clinton with OIC.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Yes he was. He was fined $90,000 for contempt of court relating to his perjury.

Dat's a crime.

Contempt of court is not a crime, it's a duty.

Back
Top Bottom