• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Alito = No Bush Impeachment

We certainly have....Bush, as well as his administration officials, did exactly that, lied outright. Glad to hear you would choose Clinton over Bush too! ;)

Deegan said:
That's correct, the only impeachments have been of Dem's, I can certainly see why one would want to even the score card!:rofl

I wouldn't go that far. Nixon was just smarter than the other 2. He got out of dodge before they could finish the job, otherwise it would be 2-1. LOL

debate_junkie said:
I wouldn't go that far. Nixon was just smarter than the other 2. He got out of dodge before they could finish the job, otherwise it would be 2-1. LOL

There were three, all Dem's.;)

debate_junkie said:
Nixon was never impeached. He resigned before the Articles could be written up and voted on.

Kinda like the difference between committing murder and being convicted of it? Huh. Although I suppose that's not much of a difference after all.

Deegan said:
There were three, all Dem's.;)

Richard Nixon was a Republican, and he was never Impeached. only 2 presidents in our history have been impeached... Johnson in 1868, and Clinton in 1998. Nixon resigned before they could get to him.

debate_junkie said:
Precedent was already set. Andrew Johnson, in 1868 was also found not guilty by the senate, and was STILL recorded in history as the first United States President to be IMPEACHED. Like it or not, the fact IS William Jefferson Clinton was IMPEACHED by the United States House of Representatives. These are the facts.. and the facts are undisputed.

If you look back, you will see that I already said that Clinton was impeached. The fact I was correcting was the assertion that he was never tried by the Senate. Yes, he was impeached, meaning he was indicted. But he was not convicted of the charges.

Nixon took the easy way out. He quit before he was impeached.....JUST before, in fact. It is pretty certain that he would have been convicted, too.

Kelzie said:
Kinda like the difference between committing murder and being convicted of it? Huh. Although I suppose that's not much of a difference after all.

Errr.....I think you mean to compare Teddy, fortunately, he was never president, murder, please girl?

Deegan said:
Errr.....I think you mean to compare Teddy, fortunately, he was never president, murder, please girl?

Dude, it's an analogy. Notice the "kinda like"?

Kelzie said:
If your trying to "insinuate"(You used it...why can't I?) that a Republican would have been impeached over 30 years ago so the REAL score should be different, then who am I to argue?

Congrats...Johnson?...Impeached...Nixon...clearly would have been impeached had he not resigned...Clinton?...Impeached...Bush?...Not even a procedure, let alone an impeachment...

OK...Now what?...

Kelzie said:
Dude, it's an analogy. Notice the "kinda like"?

Just a bad one, as usual...........:2wave: ;)

Deegan said:

Just because you didn't understand it doesn't make it bad. Just typical. :2wave:

Deegan said:
Kelzie said:
Just because you didn't understand it doesn't make it bad. Just typical. :2wave:
I got front row at the Smackfest!..:cool:

Kelzie said:

I guess, I just thought since you have gone blue and all...........:doh

cnredd said:
I got front row at the Smackfest!..:cool:

LMAO redd, my friend, you are something else. Give me 10th row, please. I don't want to be in near proximity when blood gets drawn.

Deegan said:
I guess, I just thought since you have gone blue and all...........:doh

My "colors" should have no influence on whether or not you can understand an analogy. Unless you are admitting to being blinded by partisanship?

Kelzie said:
My "colors" should have no influence on whether or not you can understand an analogy. Unless you are admitting to being blinded by partisanship?

I do understand a good analogy, just not a far fetched, wild eyed, partisan one, are you really profeesing your "partisanship" here?:rofl

Deegan said:
I do understand a good analogy, just not a far fetched, wild eyed, partisan one, are you really profeesing your "partisanship" here?:rofl

Explain to me how it was a partisan analogy? Actually, do me a favor and just explain the analogy first, because it's not at all far fetched or wild eyed, which gives me the suspicion that you still don't understand it.

Kelzie said:

I don't know girl friend, but I think your friends at the ACLU...........they might have a bit of a problem with your "analogy":2wave:

Deegan said:
I don't know girl friend, but I think your friends at the ACLU...........they might have a bit of a problem with your "analogy":2wave:

What?:confused: Do you want me to explain it to you? I will if you ask. I'll even be nice about it.

Kelzie said:
What?:confused: Do you want me to explain it to you? I will if you ask. I'll even be nice about it.

No need, you used the word "murder", I suggest a position at CBS........ I mean, the 06 elections are upon us you know!;)

Deegan said:
No need, you used the word "murder", I suggest a position at CBS........ I mean, the 06 elections are upon us you know!;)

Uh huh. I'm just going to go ahead and explain it to you. See, Nixon did the crime but was never impeached for it. Similar to a murderer who was never charged. Get it? I didn't call anyone a murderer. Although I wouldn't mind working at CBS. Bet they make more than I do. Not that it'd be hard...

Kelzie said:
Uh huh. I'm just going to go ahead and explain it to you. See, Nixon did the crime but was never impeached for it. Similar to a murderer who was never charged. Get it? I didn't call anyone a murderer. Although I wouldn't mind working at CBS. Bet they make more than I do. Not that it'd be hard...

I guess where you live......which must be Venus........Murder, is the same as Burglary?:roll:

Deegan said:
I guess where you live......which must be Venus........Murder, is the same as Burglary?:roll:

And I guess where you live.....which must be Mars....you have to make up stuff because you have nothing else. Where did I say it was the same? Just find where I said "Nixon might has well have killed someone". It's what I like to call an analogy. What's with the harping? Is it that time of the month or something? I recommend midol. It'll help with the bloating too.

Kelzie said:
And I guess where you live.....which must be Mars....you have to make up stuff because you have nothing else. Where did I say it was the same? Just find where I said "Nixon might has well have killed someone". It's what I like to call an analogy. What's with the harping? Is it that time of the month or something? I recommend midol. It'll help with the bloating too.

Please miss, I didn't "make it up"..... you did, and I just wonder why you used such strong words, forgive me for being so presumptuous!:roll:

Back
Top Bottom