• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Age Limit for Prez

What is the cut-off for a President?

• Total voters
While I am not in favor of ageism, I am in favor or term limits. So that gets rid of people staying to lone in any one place. Move up or out.
I'd rather lottery one in three public offices, like jury duty.

I'd rather see it made impossible for scamming grifting raping lying psychopath cheaters to be eligible to run for office.

We the people voted for it.

Remember, every two years there is an Election that is a referendum on 435 House Members and 1/3 of the Senate members with a referendum every four years on the office of the Presidency.

Guess what?

We the Electorate have the very people in power that we the Electorate voted into those positions of power.

Really quite simple.
Yeah, I know that part, LouC. And it really is that simple. Heck, one of my state’s senators is Grassley, who I never voted for. But I harken back to my participation in the Iowa Caucus back in 2020. Plenty of Democratic candidates, and I remember how moribund the Biden group was. I was wanting someone younger with fresher ideas so there was no way I was caucusing for him. He finished 4th.

It took him until the South Carolina primary to get propped up enough to succeed. What was the miraculous mechanism at work that got him to the nomination? It was the Democratic Party powerbrokers that pushed him to the line as the guy to defeat Trump, and the perceptions of the deficiencies of the other candidates. Once again, the voters (the primary voters) decided with their votes.

I admit to being frustrated by amount of power being wielded by 80+ year-olds in this country. Or maybe the apathy of those old enough to vote, yet seemingly fine with the lack of representation of people more their age. 🤷‍♂️

Okay, we're all saying they're both too old. So I'm curious, what age do you think would be a good cap, if for some fantastical reason we were able to get Congress to add an age cap alongside the age requirement of 30.

What do you all think?
Idk; this is tough because there are people in their 60s who can get meaningfully affected by age, and folks in their 80s who stay sharp. So I’m inclined to think that voters should be the main safeguard. But I also think maybe there should be some limit, like 75.

Unless you can prove I am “fixated on immigration,” then find the right target.

It’s understandable for you to interpret my statement in that way in light of our last exchange, but that actually wasn’t directed at you. It was specifically in response to the article.

And I do not recall saying Biden is doing a terrible job, just unsure I will agree with your take on this matched with everything else going on.
Such as?

It’s understandable for you to interpret my statement in that way in light of our last exchange, but that actually wasn’t directed at you. It was specifically in response to the article.

Unsure that changes much but… okay.

I thought I made it clear why I could not agree with you on a successful President matched with an ineffective Congress. And no, I do not consider Biden’s leadership enough to tilt the balance to agree with you on how successful you think Biden has been.

But, no matter, I still consider him a fairly good President who will get my vote purely out of concern for Trump.

Now if that is not good enough for you, and it probably is not unless you get unwavering agreement, not sure what else I can offer.

Unsure that changes much but… okay.

I thought I made it clear why I could not agree with you on a successful President matched with an ineffective Congress. And no, I do not consider Biden’s leadership enough to tilt the balance to agree with you on how successful you think Biden has been.

But, no matter, I still consider him a fairly good President who will get my vote purely out of concern for Trump.

Now if that is not good enough for you, and it probably is not unless you get unwavering agreement, not sure what else I can offer.
I’m more pragmatic than you think.

I’m more pragmatic than you think. That’s perfectly good enough for me.

Yet I am the one you go after, asking me to defend my opinion from nothing more than someone else’s opinion.

Yet I am the one you go after, asking me to defend my opinion from nothing more than someone else’s opinion.
Have a good night, orphan.

None. If the American people want to make terrible choices, let them suffer for it.
I don't want anyone to suffer, not during conservative or liberal years.

35 to 50

Only give 'em 15 years of viability, so if you are elected at 43, no 2nd term for you!

:oops::unsure:

/S

With air traffic controllers, mandatory retirement on their 56th birthday is a result of
budgetary considerations. Simply assign two sets of eyes and brains in each position and stress is reduced, bathrom breaks and brief time outs become possible. Recruiting improves, staffing also by extending retirement into the 60s.

No similar stresses existed in 1789, time to make the V.P. a shadow POTUS.
Global web icon
NPR
https://www.npr.org/2014/08/11/339131421

Nuclear 'Command And Control': A History Of False Alarms And …

Aug 11, 2014 · And this false alarm was later traced to a faulty computer chip that cost 46 cents that had malfunctioned and had sent this signal that 2,000 Soviet …
  • Reports that the mistaken use of a nuclear exercise tape on a NORAD computer had produced a U.S. false warning and alert actions prompted Soviet Communist Party General Secretary Leonid Brezhnev to write secretly to President Carter that the erroneous alert was "fraught with a tremendous danger." Further, "I think you will agree with me that there should be no errors in such matters."
  • Periodic outages in NORAD’s new missile warning computer system during 1979 and 1980 led to two-minute delays in the preparation of warning summaries.
  • After the false alert on 3 June 1980, White House military aide William Odom told Brzezinski, “I monitored the [Pentagon conference] call last night – eerie.” He had kept the White House “in the loop.”

Last edited:
I put no limit because Biden at 80 and SNOWFLAKE at 70 still has bigger balls, more integrity, more sagacity, and a greater sense of self worth than that whiny, small-minded, insignificant jackass Trump at any age.
If Biden had balls at all he would acknowledge that his POS son had a child out of wedlock and would do right by that grand-daughter.

If Biden had any integrity he would do more for African-Americans rather than push them to the side since he has a NEW minority to kiss up to (The massive invasion he has allowed to occur}.

As to sagacity, he can't see past his next nap.

Oh on self-worth we totally agree. He thinks much more of his worth than he deserves.

As is my current policy this will be the only statement I will make in this thread. Don't like it? Too bad

Okay, we're all saying they're both too old. So I'm curious, what age do you think would be a good cap, if for some fantastical reason we were able to get Congress to add an age cap alongside the age requirement of 30.

What do you all think?
We are not all saying......

No hard limit. Depends on the person.

It would take an amendment in any case, so very difficult to even try.

If Biden had balls at all he would acknowledge that his POS son had a child out of wedlock and would do right by that grand-daughter.

If Biden had any integrity he would do more for African-Americans rather than push them to the side since he has a NEW minority to kiss up to (The massive invasion he has allowed to occur}.

As to sagacity, he can't see past his next nap.

Oh on self-worth we totally agree. He thinks much more of his worth than he deserves.

As is my current policy this will be the only statement I will make in this thread. Don't like it? Too bad
dumb

I'd put the limit at 70 at the time of taking office. That would put them at 74 at the end of their term.

IMHO, we don't need age limits on politicians.

We don't have an age problem, we have an incumbency problem.

WW

Similar to an airline pilot, in the interest of continuity.

"In the U.S., there are no FAA age limits for pilots except for commercial airline pilots employed by airlines certificated under 14 CFR Part 121. These airlines cannot employ pilots after they reach the age of 65."

What is the maximum age a pilot can fly an airplane?

View attachment 67498418
www.faa.gov/faq/what-maximum-age-pilot-can-fly-airplane

Explain how the office of POTUS is less stressful, with petty, government discrediting, RWE and its media exerting pressure, 24/7
Everyday Aviation
https://everydayaviation.com/air-traffic-controller-age-requirements

Air Traffic Controller Age Requirements - Everyday Aviation

The maximum age for an air traffic controller is 56 years old. Air traffic controllers are required to retire when they turn 56. This is due to the stress and mental capacity the job requires. Studies show that things like your focus, reaction time, and decision making deteriorate as you get older. As you age, working as an air … See more
The President has hundreds, if not thousands of other people right there to help them and there is an Amendment that allows for the removal of Presidents who are genuinely not able to do their job any longer.

Air traffic controllers have one of the highest suicide rates of any specific profession in the country. I don't think any of our Presidents have died of suicide, even after leaving office.

Not saying that being President isn't a stressful job or at least is for most people, but air traffic controller and/or commercial pilot come with a much higher level of acute stress that happens every day, every shift and cannot be delegated to others during that timeframe to relieve some of that stress, as Presidents can do.

The President has hundreds, if not thousands of other people right there to help them and there is an Amendment that allows for the removal of Presidents who are genuinely not able to do their job any longer.

Air traffic controllers have one of the highest suicide rates of any specific profession in the country. I don't think any of our Presidents have died of suicide, even after leaving office.

Not saying that being President isn't a stressful job or at least is for most people, but air traffic controller and/or commercial pilot come with a much higher level of acute stress that happens every day, every shift and cannot be delegated to others during that timeframe to relieve some of that stress, as Presidents can do.
Both jobs are suited to people who aren’t stressed by the responsibilities

Back
Top Bottom