• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Adoption and abortion

Do you adopt/forster?

• I am prolife, I adopt.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I am prolife, I am a fosterparent.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I am prolife, I have done neither.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I am prochoice, I adopt.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am prochoice, I am afosterparent.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am prochoice, I have done neither.

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Navy Pride said:
What a laught that is.......Here is a 17 year old kid lecturing me on adoption........Go to your room young lady........:lol:
Since she seems to know a lot more facts than you do, that is a very lame post. She can indeed lecture you on adoption, as she has the facts and you have to resort to emotional fervor.

Navy Pride said:
Neither can I but you liberals are always saying abortions are ok because nobody wants to adopt newborns.........
More nonsense. We say abortion is OK because it is the woman's body and nobody else have any business controlling her and enslaving her.

Steen can i just ask do you foster or adopt just curiouse?

Hornburger said:
Well, since I haven't found the lists myself, I'll go and do some research on how many children don't have families to adopt them. I don't see that on your stats, and I can't go to your site seeing as how my security thingy blocked it lol. But, if there is this great abundance of children who don't have homes as you say, you would have a point and I would agree with you. But I need to see those particular stats first...so I'll keep searching. I think that makes sense? lol

And if those stats were on stace's site...that site was blocked too, haha.

Oh yeah...and about my positions being contradictory...I mentioned this in another thread too. I'm closer to "pro-fault" than "pro-life". Like the parents should have used protected sex, and since they didn't, they need to protect that innocent life. They were at fault and now need to take responsibility for their actions. As for murdering criminals, they were at fault for killing people, so the state also has the right to kill them. (I just think it would be cheaper if we do this if we shorten the appeals process). For killing those people, the murderers must pay the consequences, and that may be death.

You don't need "stats" to know how many children are in the foster care system waiting for homes. Go to your county's children and youth agencies... all the information you need, and locally too. Who knows, maybe one of those little darlings will tug at your heartstrings, and you'll begin to understand there is more to this issue than saving the fetus. We HAVE to care for the children that are already here.. who are TRAPPED in a government beaurocracy.. the SAME beaurocracy that steals your tax dollars, and that makes you mad, doesn't it? I'm sick and tired of this notion that just because a kid is already here in foster care, it needs no protections, and I tell you... go take a look sometime. If you know not the protections they need, then YOU are a part of the problem, as you've cast them aside like a used up quarter.

Last edited:
FISHX said:
Steen can i just ask do you foster or adopt just curiouse?
I do neither. I work almost daily wih the kids waiting for adoption, though. Some of them have waited a long time.

I know it is awful how people only want to adopt a new born itis the same over here no one wants to adopt crisis children and these children could do with a loving family more than most newborns that are adopted.

FISHX said:
I know it is awful how people only want to adopt a new born itis the same over here no one wants to adopt crisis children and these children could do with a loving family more than most newborns that are adopted.

/Sarcastic Mode/

Thats why we abort all the unwanted children so eventually if you want to adopt you'll have to adopt a crisis child. Yeah.

/Sarcastic Mode/

Caine said:
/Sarcastic Mode/

Thats why we abort all the unwanted children so eventually if you want to adopt you'll have to adopt a crisis child. Yeah.

/Sarcastic Mode/

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit:roll:

FISHX said:
sarcasm is the lowest form of wit:roll:

What? What are you going to do about it?

Caine said:
What? What are you going to do about it?

Lol and what do you expect me to do about it on a internet forum?

FISHX said:
Lol and what do you expect me to do about it on a internet forum?
Make irrelevannt remarks, of course. Was that a trick question? :2razz:

Lol i walked right into that one didn,t i:doh

debate_junkie said:
You don't need "stats" to know how many children are in the foster care system waiting for homes. Go to your county's children and youth agencies... all the information you need, and locally too. Who knows, maybe one of those little darlings will tug at your heartstrings, and you'll begin to understand there is more to this issue than saving the fetus. We HAVE to care for the children that are already here.. who are TRAPPED in a government beaurocracy.. the SAME beaurocracy that steals your tax dollars, and that makes you mad, doesn't it? I'm sick and tired of this notion that just because a kid is already here in foster care, it needs no protections, and I tell you... go take a look sometime. If you know not the protections they need, then YOU are a part of the problem, as you've cast them aside like a used up quarter.
Maybe, but if you kill them, you are also taking any chance they have. Many may be in a bad state, but they still have a chance to make something of themselves. People almost always do. It's basically a lose-lose situation.

Hornburger said:
Maybe, but if you kill them, you are also taking any chance they have. Many may be in a bad state, but they still have a chance to make something of themselves. People almost always do. It's basically a lose-lose situation.

Silence!

You know not what you speak of.

Besides, the government can't outlaw it, it will infringe on my rights to practice my religion freely.
In my religion we must pull unwanted children out of the womb and sacrifice them in a pit of fire to the almighty god of death, Thanatos.
MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Caine said:
In my religion we must pull unwanted children out of the womb and sacrifice them in a pit of fire to the almighty god of death, Thanatos.

We do? I must have missed that part. :2razz:

steen said:
We still like you, though;)

Awww shucks:3oops: we love you steen;)

vergiss said:
We do? I must have missed that part. :2razz:
Im joking
hehehehehe

Caine said:
Silence!

You know not what you speak of.

Besides, the government can't outlaw it, it will infringe on my rights to practice my religion freely.
Then show me how I'm wrong, don't just say "You're wrong." That says nothing.

And if the government can't outlaw it, how come it was once outlawed?

Caine said:
Im joking
hehehehehe

Or... are you? Dun dun duuuuun...

Hornburger - for much the same reasons that gay sex and interracial marriage were once outlawed.

vergiss said:
Or... are you? Dun dun duuuuun...

Hornburger - for much the same reasons that gay sex and interracial marriage were once outlawed.
Which are?

Hornburger said:
Which are?
Bigotry, hate mongering, fear of anything different, theocratic intolerance.

steen said:

I'd say you pretty much hit the nail on the head with that one, Steen.

steen said:
No...here's why the courts first made abortion illegal:

"Without finding a historical basis for the laws, the Court identified three justifications in Section VII of the opinion to explain the criminalization of abortion: (1) women who can receive an abortion are more likely to engage in "illicit sexual conduct", (2) the medical procedure was extremely risky prior to the development of antibiotics and, even with modern medical techniques, is still risky in late stages of pregnancy, and (3) the state has an interest in protecting prenatal life. As to the first, "no court or commentator has taken the argument seriously" and the statute failed to "distinguish between married and unwed mothers." However, according to the Court, the second and third constitute valid state interests. In Section X, the Court reiterated, "[T]he State does have an important and legitimate interest in preserving and protecting the health of the pregnant woman ... and that it has still another important and legitimate interest in protecting the potentiality of human life.""
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade#Abortion

So please stop ranting off absurd, subjective, and biast comments.

Back
Top Bottom