• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Acting IRS Calls the scandal bad costumer service.

YoungConserv

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Washington Post

Am I missing something, do I have another choice in federal tax collecting service? Cause if not i am not your coustomer I am you cow to be milked as much as possible. That is really telling to me that she thinks we are her coustomers, being a coustomer involves choice in taxs I have little choice.

Washington Post

Am I missing something, do I have another choice in federal tax collecting service? Cause if not i am not your coustomer I am you cow to be milked as much as possible. That is really telling to me that she thinks we are her coustomers, being a coustomer involves choice in taxs I have little choice.

We aren't customers of the IRS because we don't buy anything from the IRS. Nor is the IRS our customer because it doesn't buy anything from us. It is just Washington double speak.

Washington Post

Yes, you're missing something. If you can't wrap your head around using Customer Service to describe how the IRS treats taxpayers, I hate to even think about what you're missing. ;)

Washington Post

I think you are deliberately missing something to allow yourself to be angry.

What am I missing please enlighten me.

As with any Government agency they live to serve those who fund their pay checks. Perhaps if they spent some of their budget on Vasoline instead of making Star Trek knockoff movies you would appreciate their efforts to service you better! :)

As with any Government agency they live to serve those who fund their pay checks. Perhaps if they spent some of their budget on Vasoline instead of making Star Trek knockoff movies you would appreciate their efforts to service you better! :)

I'm not denying they serve us what I'm mad at is this idea that I some how have a choice in this service. This idea pretends that I can say no to the IRS with out my assists being seized, men with guns showing up to oar rest me or jail time. Please tell me a company that can do this to you if you say no and try and take your buisness else where.

I'm not denying they serve us what I'm mad at is this idea that I some how have a choice in this service. This idea pretends that I can say no to the IRS with out my assists being seized, men with guns showing up to oar rest me or jail time. Please tell me a company that can do this to you if you say no and try and take your buisness else where.

You are mad at your own idea. Nobody said you have a choice regarding taxes. Since it is your own idea you are mad at, you'll hav to take it up with yourself.

Washington Post

What you are missing is that we all pay for the government services through taxes. So we are "purchasing" something from the IRS. We are purchasing their service and labor through our taxes. If you cannot see that then I suggest the problem lies with you and no where else. What you are also missing is that the crux of the problem does not lie with the IRS but with the parameters they are required to work within. Post Citizen's United and with the Campaign Financing Laws as well is the tax exempt laws. By focusing on the IRS you beating a dog for barking. The congress and courts set up the constraints and policies that led to this abortion and now we want to crucify the IRS when they have issues with implementing. Blaming the IRS or even the Administration may make you feel better but it does nothing to resolve the issue.

What you are missing is that we all pay for the government services through taxes. So we are "purchasing" something from the IRS. We are purchasing their service and labor through our taxes. If you cannot see that then I suggest the problem lies with you and no where else. What you are also missing is that the crux of the problem does not lie with the IRS but with the parameters they are required to work within. Post Citizen's United and with the Campaign Financing Laws as well is the tax exempt laws. By focusing on the IRS you beating a dog for barking. The congress and courts set up the constraints and policies that led to this abortion and now we want to crucify the IRS when they have issues with implementing. Blaming the IRS or even the Administration may make you feel better but it does nothing to resolve the issue.

Again coustumer implies choice and there is none with the IRS.

Again coustumer implies choice and there is none with the IRS.

By what definition your own? Words have meaning. Customer has a meaning and no where in that definition is the word choice used. Please confine yourself to accepted english definitions.

By what definition your own? Words have meaning. Customer has a meaning and no where in that definition is the word choice used. Please confine yourself to accepted english definitions.

1. a person who purchases goods or services from another; buyer; patron.
What am I purchasing from the IRS?

Purchase involves choice a gun to my head is not choice.

Again there is no choice in the definition of the terms customer or purchase. Please confine yourself to accepted english definitions.

Again there is no choice in the definition of the terms customer or purchase. Please confine yourself to accepted english definitions.
You argument is cyclical though I'm paying them to money to take my money which comes first, because its not a service if I don't pay them first but to get that money they need money to function so in reality the IRS is not a service but theft by using the power of government to cohere you into paying as much as they deem necessary

So what do we buy from the IRS again?

You argument is cyclical though I'm paying them to money to take my money which comes first, because its not a service if I don't pay them first but to get that money they need money to function so in reality the IRS is not a service but theft by using the power of government to cohere you into paying as much as they deem necessary

It is not theft that is a ridiculous argument. The IRS does not take your money. They are the accounting agency for our tax code. The government, constituted of an by us, is the entity that takes your money. The IRS justs accounts for it and enforces the law to ensure everyone (more or less) abides by that law. The law is made constitutionally of, by and for We the People. It is not theft but price we pay for liberty and civilization.

again we purchase labor and services...are you reading impaired?

Really? The IRS provide the labor to build roads? It buys the equipment for the military? How in the world did we get these before the creation of the IRS? Guess it's amazing the country every survived without it!

labor and services

It's a matter of fact that individuals like most of us not employed in government, are not purchasing labor and services from the IRS.

Liberals cry all ****ing day long that tax/spend is NOT like retail private industry where we should expect to get good service for our tax dollars...they INSIST in this forum routinely, that taxes do not legally, or practically, work that way. But you want it both ways? Which is it? If IRS is providing ME with a service, then I cancel my ****ing subscription. No? Then it's not providing me with customer service in any meaningful way.

The IRS is under the direction of some other part of government, that's who they "Serve", I'm not their customer.

This post is dead wrong.

The crux of the problem doesn't lie with the IRS? You can point to all kinds of different things that you disagree with but if it turns out that the IRS used it's power(and that power is enormous, btw) to suppress political opponents the the problem lies with the IRS EXCLUSIVELY. It's called abuse of power and right now they are looking pretty guilty.

This post is dead wrong.

The crux of the problem doesn't lie with the IRS? You can point to all kinds of different things that you disagree with but if it turns out that the IRS used it's power(and that power is enormous, btw) to suppress political opponents the the problem lies with the IRS EXCLUSIVELY. It's called abuse of power and right now they are looking pretty guilty.

No you are dead wrong. What political opponents were suppressed. Name one group that was disbanded or otherwise prevented from carrying out their activities as a result of this so-called scandal. At worst they had to answer a few more questions. What is this scandal exactly?

No you are dead wrong. What political opponents were suppressed. Name one group that was disbanded or otherwise prevented from carrying out their activities as a result of this so-called scandal. At worst they had to answer a few more questions. What is this scandal exactly?
Doesn't matter if any were prevented, all that it matters is that they took it upon themselves, or from Washington (Obama campaign?), to specifically target what amounts to the political opposition. That's certainly an issue, and if it ends up having come from Washington, of course it's a huge scandal, rightly so. Whether any were stopped or not will have little impact on the fact that this will be perceived as a big scandal. Further, using your words, groups being delayed significantly could be just as bad in terms of obstruction...but again the obstruction is not central to the scandal, it's how they operated and who specifically directed them to operate that way.

Really? The IRS provide the labor to build roads? It buys the equipment for the military? How in the world did we get these before the creation of the IRS? Guess it's amazing the country every survived without it!

Your narrow interpretation aside yes, they supply labor and service. The labor to account for the government revenue. A government that is made up of, by and for us by the way. The service to ensure that everyone (or least a reasonable facsimile thereof) abide by the duly passed laws by the government, which again is made up of, by and for us...We the People. On a side note it would be pretty amazing if the country could get anything done if no one accounts for, processes and enforces our tax laws. The IRS is everyone's favorite whipping boy. If you have problem with the IRS then aim for the lawmakers. Just don't shoot the messenger.

Back
Top Bottom