• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ACLU and activists say North Carolina anti-riot, looting bill is 'racist' and 'anti-BLM'

Wow! These people are taking public virtue signalling to an entirely new level. If they spent their time trying to actually make a change in the education system, for example, they may make some actual progress. But a lot of that sort of effort is done anonymously, and where's the fun in that?

If you spend your time to show more support for changes in the law enforcement system, you may make some actual progress.

Better than the one which calls the January 6 "stormtroopers" patriots.
Oh, look, a straw man.

Its funny, there really isn't a change in tactics, its the same stupid shit over and over.

No one is making peaceful protestors responsible for others. This is about making the non peaceful rioters responsible at all. DAs in multiple jurisdictions would not prosecute last summer. How do you feel about that?
People were prosecuted in my city. We had lock downs and curfews, and people were arrested. I saw it for myself.

Oh, look, a straw man.

Its funny, there really isn't a change in tactics, its the same stupid shit over and over.

As long as RW media and people on your side do not use the language they use for black crminals to descibe the criminals of the Capitol storming, my point is valid.
And it is equally valid to point that it is much more personal when someone in DC tries to steal my family's vote than somebody stealing a TV from Wallmart in Chicago

As long as RW media and people on your side you do not use the language they use for black crminals to descibe the criminals of the Capitol storming, my point is valid.
You misunderstand, you don't get to judge me by so called people on my side, you get to judge me by what I post here.

Its called making a reasonable argument. You cannot judge someone by what someone else does, that's ridiculous.

If you spend your time to show more support for changes in the law enforcement system, you may make some actual progress.
What changes would you like me to support?

You misunderstand, you don't get to judge me by so called people on my side, you get to judge me by what I post here.

Its called making a reasonable argument. You cannot judge someone by what someone else does, that's ridiculous.

Oh, is this what you did with Shewolf?

I use your standards.

Edit: Is it a reasonabe argument to claim that it is much more personal when someone in DC tries to steal my family's vote than when somebody steals a TV from Wallmart in Chicago? And which action is more threatening for the stability of this country?

Last edited:
Nothing in the text of the bill mentions race, skin color, or BLM; what it does do apparently , is make rioting, looting, etc, a more severe felony with harsher punishment......no idea how that is racist.
It doesn’t have to. During the Jim Crow era, there were plenty of voter suppression laws that didn’t mention race that were designed to suppress black voting. One law said to be able to register to vote, an already registered voter needed to sign the form. Whites weren’t going to sign the form. Since there weren’t any already registered black voters within 100 miles, blacks couldn’t register — but the law didn’t mention race.

Regarding this riot/looting bill, it surely will be enforced against BLM but will it be enforced when whites do the same thing?

So reading through the bill seems ok to me. The red parts make it fine by me.
Now im not a fan of the yellow parts simply because what the hell is "urging" in a factual LEGAL sense lol . . .seems VERY vague

im not familiar with riot law/bills maybe this is common but i certainly see nothing racist about it and most definitely nothing anti-BLM.
is there something anybody else sees that is to vague and could be turned on any or all assemblies?

May 4, 2021​

A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
AN ACT TO INCREASE THE PENALTIES FOR RIOTING OR INCITING RIOTING THAT
CAUSES DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, OR DEATH AND
ASSAULTING EMERGENCY PERSONNEL DURING A RIOT OR STATE OF
EMERGENCY
;
TO ALLOW RECOVERY OF TREBLE DAMAGES FOR PROPERTY
DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY RIOTING OR LOOTING; AND TO
REQUIRE PRETRIAL RELEASE CONDITIONS FOR RIOTING AND LOOTING
OFFENSES TO BE DETERMINED BY A JUDGE.
The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
SECTION 1. G.S. 14-288.2 reads as rewritten:

"§ 14-288.2. Riot; inciting to riot; punishments.​

(a) A riot is a public disturbance involving an assemblage of three or more persons which
by disorderly and violent conduct, or the imminent threat of disorderly and violent conduct,
results in injury or damage to persons or property or creates a clear and present danger of injury

or damage to persons or property.

(e) Any person who willfully incites or urges another to engage in a riot, and such inciting
or urging is a contributing cause of a riot in which there is property damage in excess of fifteen
hundred dollars ($1,500) or serious bodily injury, shall be punished as a Class F felon.shall be

guilty of a Class E felony.
(e1) Any person who willfully incites or urges another to engage in a riot, and such inciting
or urging causes a death, shall be guilty of a Class D felony.

By that definition it seems like Trump and/or Guilliani are guilty of a Class D felony for their role in the January 6th insurrection, as they probably should be.

That said, I agree that "urging" is likely too vague a term for a law unless it already has a legal definition.

It doesn’t have to. During the Jim Crow era, there were plenty of voter suppression laws that didn’t mention race that were designed to suppress black voting. One law said to be able to register to vote, an already registered voter needed to sign the form. Whites weren’t going to sign the form. Since there weren’t any already registered black voters within 100 miles, blacks couldn’t register — but the law didn’t mention race.

Regarding this riot/looting bill, it surely will be enforced against BLM but will it be enforced when whites do the same thing?
If it isn't, then its a failure of the judicial system, prosecutors, and State AG's , not the legislative system......equal protection under the law has a flipside, and thats equal prosecution under the law.

I have already made myself clear. All rioters and lawbreakers should be prosecuted. I defend freedom of speech for all.
Nope. I asked a direct question. I asked how you felt about DAs that allowed those committing offenses to go free.

Nope. I asked a direct question. I asked how you felt about DAs that allowed those committing offenses to go free.
I am not aware of it and you didn’t post a source.

Oh, is this what you did with Shewolf?

I use your standards.

Edit: Is it a reasonabe argument to claim that it is much more personal when someone in DC tries to steal my family's vote than when somebody steals a TV from Wallmart in Chicago? And which action is more threatening for the stability of this country?

No its not, because personal comes in many forms, for instance you would feel it was pretty personal if your house or business got burnt down.

Just to show the hypocrisy of some posters here

So, now your claim shifts. But you keep trying to apply it to all Republicans.

BTW, your little "GET USED TO IT" is using Trump as an excuse for your shitty behavior. Trump does control your behavior, you are just unwilling to examine that.

Looked at legally, its not an insurrection because people involved are not being charged accordingly. I'm certainly not saying Antifa or the FBI attacked the Capitol building but what I will say is one of the most vocal people arrested who was clearly inciting for more damage was an Antifa member. But he was let go on his own recognizance. There are some rumors flying around that the FBI was amongst the leadership that organized the rally. That's very different from saying they attacked the Capitol building, but you aren't interested in nuance are you? Gets in the way of those stereotypes for political advantage doesn't it?

Did you ever feel the need to point out that one of the most lethal demonstrators during the BLM movement were the Boogaloo Guys who were indicted for the death of the police officer in CA?

Last edited:
This entire political scam about skin color has become so foolish it invites parody and sarcasm by every color, though anyone using it while White will quickly be branded called 'racism'. Therefore I'll not make any 'looting while Black' jokes.

This is a legitimate question but one the Democrats will not respond to it. Instead they'll declare it as Racist and Black neighborhoods will deteriorate, the schools will be third rate, crimes will increase, more young lives destroyed and more Black deaths occur through a variety of means. But you're not allowed to ask 'Why?'
The Democrats (left) are the true racists. They are the ones promoting CRT as history when they knowl=ingly lie. We all know there was slavery and Jim Crow (actually by Democrats). Not a single black here was a slave or under Jim Crow laws. CRT teaches that these things are still around and whites get the breaks as a way of excusing failure and lack of personal responsibility. When you ask a brain-dead leftist why some blacks excel, they get angry. This alone makes the Democrats/leftists the true racists because they excuse the crime and lack of achievement by claiming whitey is the problem and not the black culture of failure and low achievement. This allows them the reason to stay where they are because our society must remain quiet about the elephant in the room (black culture) or risk being killed or beat up or lose their jobs and be targeted.

No its not, because personal comes in many forms, for instance you would feel it was pretty personal if your house or business got burnt down.

Your response does not address my point. I did not ask you to compare anything to the burning of my house nor did I claim that it is less personal to see my house burnt!
I asked you to compare the looting of Walmart where a criminal steals a TV to the Capitol storming where a criminal tries to invalidate the result of my family's vote. Obviously, you do not want to make this comparison, so you want to change the conversation.
My point stands. It is way more personal to see thus tryin to steal your vote than watching thus tryin to steal another person's or company's TV. So, do not try to equate the reaction that such criminal behaviors will elicit from common people.

Point..

You
No court has ever ruled you have a right to violently riot and attack people. The Constitution says you have the right to peacefully protest. You're creating a false choice. Also, from what I saw most of the violent protesters in 2020 were alt-left white people. So explain again why you think a law in response to white people rioting is a direct assaults on a BLM.

The Democrats (left) are the true racists. They are the ones promoting CRT as history when they knowl=ingly lie. We all know there was slavery and Jim Crow (actually by Democrats). Not a single black here was a slave or under Jim Crow laws. CRT teaches that these things are still around and whites get the breaks as a way of excusing failure and lack of personal responsibility. When you ask a brain-dead leftist why some blacks excel, they get angry. This alone makes the Democrats/leftists the true racists because they excuse the crime and lack of achievement by claiming whitey is the problem and not the black culture of failure and low achievement. This allows them the reason to stay where they are because our society must remain quiet about the elephant in the room (black culture) or risk being killed or beat up or lose their jobs and be targeted.
Your ignorance of teaching the history of American racism and its lasting effects is apparent. Nobody is teaching Critical Race Theory (CRT) in public schools. That's a topic in law schools.

While nobody alive today was a slave, that isn't the point. What you deny is institutional racism. There was a time not long ago that black people couldn't get mortgages. That is directly related to the next generation not acquiring wealth from the appreciation of their parent's home. It also kept blacks out of better school districts, which affects their ability to earn as adults. Social Security originally didn't apply to farm workers, which many blacks were in the 1930s.

Institutional racism still exists. Even today, a three year investigation by Newsday revealed that real estate agents won't show houses to black people and when black people sell their homes, they fetch less than the same exact house sold by white people. The right wing pedals the myth that we are all equal now and the only reason blacks are still economically disadvantaged is because they have personal flaws and are irresponsible. The notion's purpose is "prove" that blacks are inferior to whites -- not that they are the victim of institutional racism.

Read more:

Last edited:

Rioting by BLM, Antifa and their supporters has been going on for years, as well as their chants to kill and defund the police. This was often accompanied by young Black men looting stores, never charged or molested..

The one time a largely White protest was held a woman was killed, many were charged and some are still in jail without charges being laid.

I doubt you have much to worry about.

Rioting by BLM, Antifa and their supporters has been going on for years, as well as their chants to kill and defund the police. This was often accompanied by young Black men looting stores, never charged or molested..

The one time a largely White protest was held a woman was killed, many were charged and some are still in jail without charges being laid.

I doubt you have much to worry about.
Poor snowflakes. They try to rampage at the seat of government of the United States, for the the purpose of killing the Vice President who is presiding over vote counting and trying to kill Members of Congress they don't like -- so they they can illegally install the loser of the election as dictator, and you cry about one of those poor insurrectionists who ended up getting justifiably killed by police. Aint it a shame that a white insurrectionist got herself killed. Too bad you don't show the same sympathy for people fighting for their civil rights.

The difference between how police force is used against blacks and those insurrectionists is stark.

Capiol BLM.png

Your ignorance of teaching the history of American racism and its lasting effects is apparent. Nobody is teaching Critical Race Theory (CRT) in public schools. That's a topic in law schools.

While nobody alive today was a slave, that isn't the point. What you deny is institutional racism. There was a time not long ago that black people couldn't get mortgages. That is directly related to the next generation not acquiring wealth from the appreciation of their parent's home. It also kept blacks out of better school districts, which affects their ability to earn as adults. Social Security originally didn't apply to farm workers, which many blacks were in the 1930s.

Institutional racism still exists. Even today, a three year investigation by Newsday revealed that real estate agents won't show houses to black people and when black people sell their homes, they fetch less than the same exact house sold by white people. The right wing pedals the myth that we are all equal now and the only reason blacks are still economically disadvantaged is because they have personal flaws and are irresponsible. The notion's purpose is "prove" that blacks are inferior to whites -- not that they are the victim of institutional racism.

Read more:
Hogwash

Thank you for your in-depth and comprehensive rebuttal of my post. It was truly a remarkable insight into your debate and intellectual skills.

Back
Top Bottom