• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ACLU and activists say North Carolina anti-riot, looting bill is 'racist' and 'anti-BLM'

I am voicing my concerns and distrust of partisanship. This country is divided. I am concerned. Again, I know a lot of people who pretty much think BLM is a anti Christian and pro Communist movement hellbent on murdering them, but the Jan 6 incident was a bunch of patriots. It’s cute you have your head in the sand and everything, but I don’t. There are real problems in this country with political violence and political division, conspiracy theories, lying, etc., and more Qanon style rallies are planned. If any violence happens again, I inspect the same Republican senators to call them another peaceful group of tourists, etc.
If you cannot muster the same disdain and approbation for the riots during the summer with billions in damage, hundreds of injuries, multiple deaths, and almost no charges filed then your concerns are politically motivated----you don't give a shit about anything but winning elections and punishing those you disagree with.

Spare me your pearl clutching concern. You want vengeance, not justice.

The ACLU and activists are slamming a North Carolina anti-rioting bill that would increase penalties for rioting or looting as "racist" and "anti-Black Lives Matter" "This bill HB805 is racist. It’s an anti-Black Lives Matter bill," attorney Dawn Blagrove of the activist group Emancipate NC told WNCN. House Bill 805 was sponsored by Republican North Carolina Speaker of the House Tim Moore after Raleigh saw riots last summer as protests and riots swept the country following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

No.....just, no.
Critical thinking and common sense has completely vanished when a law aimed at rioting and looting is deemed "racist" or "anti BLM"......no one who has even a casual relationship with reality would make or defend that statement
Channel my inner 2nd amendment. Already laws on the books covering looting and rioting.

This makes zero sense in 2021. The BLM movement has certainly expanded and is way more diverse

By contrast most people do not have a clue what Marxism is. and those who try to invalidate the fight for a civil right based on the presence of Marxism ae taking their cues from right-winggg Hoover type propaganda

I define a movement by what its founders say/write, and what its chief, officially-recognized spokesmen say/write, not by what the "diverse" public thinks it's about.

So yes, to the average BLM supporter in 2021 who's totally ignorant of the above, I agree the "movement" can be about practically anything. Puppies, rainbows, and giving the world a hug, maybe.

In spite of this reality, at it's core it is an admixture of ethnocentrism, neo-Marxism, and Alinskyism. And yes I know what Marxism actually is. If you don't believe me, read up their official literature on m4bl.org and other proxies.

I did not see any claim by any Congressional Black Congress (which never controlled any legislation anyway) that there should be a 100-to-1 disparity in sentencing for crack vs. powder cocaine.
Did they ask for a 100-to-1 ratio specifically? I don't know.

I know they demanded brutal anti-drug laws for a very long time--and got them.

If you cannot muster the same disdain and approbation for the riots during the summer with billions in damage, hundreds of injuries, multiple deaths, and almost no charges filed then your concerns are politically motivated----you don't give a shit about anything but winning elections and punishing those you disagree with.

I can muster the fact that you don't know what you are talking about.

Just like with 1-6 you had some let go, some put on probation, some with minor jail time and others with longer.

This bill is a reaction to black people protesting. Just like gun laws are typically a reaction to mass shootings. Just like smoking bans are reaction to smoking..that's how bills work in general. You amendments in the constitution are a reaction to events that molded them.

You people don't know what you are talking about as usual. It's exhausting having to explain these things over and over and over again

I can muster the fact that you don't know what you are talking about.

Just like with 1-6 you had some let go, some put on probation, some with minor jail time and others with longer.

This bill is a reaction to black people protesting. Just like gun laws are typically a reaction to mass shootings. Just like smoking bans are reaction to smoking..that's how bills work in general. You amendments in the constitution are a reaction to events that molded them.

You people don't know what you are talking about as usual. It's exhausting having to explain these things over and over and over again
"You people" how racist of you.

The bill is a reaction to protests turning into riots, arson, and looting.

I define a movement by what its founders say/write, and what its chief, officially-recognized spokesmen say/write, not by what the "diverse" public thinks it's about.

So yes, to the average BLM supporter in 2021 who's totally ignorant of the above, I agree the "movement" can be about practically anything. Puppies, rainbows, and giving the world a hug, maybe.

In spite of this reality, at it's core it is an admixture of ethnocentrism, neo-Marxism, and Alinskyism. And yes I know what Marxism actually is. If you don't believe me, read up their official literature on m4bl.org and other proxies.

There is not an official single founder in the BLM movement and even in movements that are based on a single founder (such as Marx) there is not a single ideology and single belief that binds its members. Those who know a little bit about Marxism know also about its different branches.

You define the core as you wish. I say the CORE of the complaint is about police excessive use of force and since blacks are living within social conditions that make it far more likely for them to experience encounters with police officers (poor neighborhoods, and proven racial profiling from NYC's stop and frisk policy to Arpaio (pardoned by Trump) s tactics in AZ), it makes 100% sense to see far more agitation within the Black community about the incompetence of the US police force.

Is rioting and looting a problem in North Carolina?
It was in 2020.

Were the previous law inadequate? In other words, what's the point?
The previous laws were not a sufficient deterrent. The point of the new law is to protect people, businesses, property and first responders from rioters who are not deterred by the previous laws.

Last edited:
Let's admit it.

The anti-looting bill is "racist" in a sense.

Since almost all looters are usually of two certain ethnicities, the bill does target those two ethnicities. Ergo, "racist."

Most crime is committed by minorities. By your logic there is no criminal justice law that can not be racist. That's poor logic.

There was nothing overtly racist about drug laws, yet they were enacted due to racist fears and enforced disproportionately on black and brown people. No one is denying that these laws are being enacted due to fears of black people rioting. The BLM protests are being cited as the cause for the bills.

If you can't read between the lines, then you might as well support "separate but equal".
The toughest drug laws were enacted by liberal policiticians due to pressure from black organized groups and black activist leaders to clean up their neighborhoods.

"You people" how racist of you.

The bill is a reaction to protests turning into riots, arson, and looting.

Yeah thats not even clever.it wasn't when the 400 people before you said it.

I literally said it was a reaction

Thanks for agreeing

Is rioting and looting a problem in North Carolina?
I believe there was an issue with it this year(?) after a police-involved shooting in Raleigh(?).

Were the previous law inadequate? In other words, what's the point?
The point? To scar their asses for life for being criminal assholes.
Gonna loot or torch shit? Then prepare for some serious consequences.

Did they ask for a 100-to-1 ratio specifically? I don't know.

I know they demanded brutal anti-drug laws for a very long time--and got them.

But the disparity of sentencing is evidence that whatever initial demand for tough sentences there was, it was used to inittiate laws in a manner that produced race disparities in the outcome of the war against drugs. And this is the definition of "institutional racism" which in turn leads to much higher rates of incarceration of Black citizens compared to white citizens. So, when people (including Black leaders) started talking about the need to addreess such issues (and were ignored), thay had a very valid point. Unfortunately. many conservatives dismiss such points since they do not believe that we have "institutional racism" and attribute the higher incarceration rates as ONLY an issue of"personal responsibility" and "family values" which are not promoted by the culture of Black urban communities.

Funny. Rioting is illegal. Anybody stealing, rioting, or vandalizing should be punished. Peaceful protestors shouldn’t be held responsible for others. Spare me your judgement and false pretense of being above it all. You have zero evidence of everything you accuse me of.

Only the Democrat ones. The ones who are affected by white privilege and can't find a job after not graduating from high school because......whitey.
This entire political scam about skin color has become so foolish it invites parody and sarcasm by every color, though anyone using it while White will quickly be branded called 'racism'. Therefore I'll not make any 'looting while Black' jokes.
Black people beating up cops and looting stores are scary. Why do they commit so much crime per capita? What is the reason?
This is a legitimate question but one the Democrats will not respond to it. Instead they'll declare it as Racist and Black neighborhoods will deteriorate, the schools will be third rate, crimes will increase, more young lives destroyed and more Black deaths occur through a variety of means. But you're not allowed to ask 'Why?'

The damage, injuries and deaths at the time (some by the way by RW extremists who were subsequently convicted) of the summer protests were about common criminals exploiting a political issue to et a new Playstation or TV..

When you find your balls to call the crowd that stormed the Capitol "common criminals" instead of "patriots", we can have a serious conversation.
And by the way, each of those thugs who attacked the Capitol tried to steal the vote of millions of people across the country! So, this makes it way more personal for any one of those voters!

Last edited:
There was nothing overtly racist about drug laws, yet they were enacted due to racist fears and enforced disproportionately on black and brown people. No one is denying that these laws are being enacted due to fears of black people rioting. The BLM protests are being cited as the cause for the bills.

If you can't read between the lines, then you might as well support "separate but equal".
There have always been drug laws, most enacted before there was much interest in Black people. Heroin was declared illegal in 1924, for example.

Not everything is racist but it can be if you're willing to read between the lines hard enough.

The damage, injuries and deaths at the time (some by the way by RW extremists who were subsequently convicted) of the summer protests were about common criminals exploiting a political issue to et a new Playstation or TV..

When you find your balls to call the crowd that stormed the Capitol "common criminals" instead of "patriots", we can have a serious conversation.
And by the way, each of those thugs who attacked the Capitol tried to steal the vote of millions of people across the country! So, this makes it way more personal for any one of those voters!
Oh, look, a narrative.

Funny. Rioting is illegal. Anybody stealing, rioting, or vandalizing should be punished. Peaceful protestors shouldn’t be held responsible for others. Spare me your judgement and false pretense of being above it all. You have zero evidence of everything you accuse me of.
No one is making peaceful protestors responsible for others. This is about making the non peaceful rioters responsible at all. DAs in multiple jurisdictions would not prosecute last summer. How do you feel about that?

This makes zero sense in 2021. The BLM movement has certainly expanded and is way more diverse

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F200605160046-el-paso-diocese-kneels.jpg

By contrast most people do not have a clue what Marxism is. and those who try to invalidate the fight for a civil right based on the presence of Marxism ae taking their cues from right-winggg Hoover type propaganda

Wow! These people are taking public virtue signalling to an entirely new level. If they spent their time trying to actually make a change in the education system, for example, they may make some actual progress. But a lot of that sort of effort is done anonymously, and where's the fun in that?

Yeah thats not even clever.it wasn't when the 400 people before you said it.

I literally said it was a reaction

Thanks for agreeing

Nah, you attempted to throw the race card. What we disagreed on was what it was a reaction to. Quit playing semantic ****ery games.

Back
Top Bottom