• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

About Guardian Angels

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If people survive some catastrophy etc - they often praise their "Guardian Angel".
What about the Guardian Angels of those who died in accidents etc?
Were their Guardian Angels incompetent?

And where were the Guardian Angels during the sinking of the Titanic?

Etc etc etc .....

Maybe they can only do so much.

Like the yellow plastic tape cordoning off a construction sight.

It was these news that brought me to this topic:

Dena Cook lost her roof when a tornado ripped through her Birmingham, Alabama, neighborhood on Thursday, but her faith is stronger than ever after seeing that the scarf-draped cross in her backyard was spared by the storm.

"It's just God," Cook told CNN on Friday.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/26/us/alabama-tornado-cross-trnd/index.html

Now that begs the question: When do the Guardian Angels intervene - and when it is their boss himself?

Maybe in the case of pious Bible Christians it is God himself who sees to it.
And the poor Catholics have to make do with incompetent Guardian Angels?

And who helps Jews and Moslems and Hindus etc etc?
Have they got special Guardian Angels?

Or what do you think?

Do angels help people?
Yes, God uses his faithful angels to help people today.

Do we each have a guardian angel?
Although angels look out for the spiritual welfare of God’s servants, this does not necessarily mean that God assigns an angel to each Christian as a personal guardian.* (Matthew 18:10) Angels do not protect God’s servants from every trial or temptation. The Bible shows that God will often “make the way out” of a trial by giving a person the wisdom and strength to endure.—1 Corinthians 10:12, 13; James 1:2-5.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/502016247?q=guardian+angel&p=sen

Do JW believers believe in Guardian Angels?
Do Protestants believe in Guardian Angels?
Catholics do, at any rate.

If people survive some catastrophy etc - they often praise their "Guardian Angel".

Etc etc etc .....
A Guardian Angel is like a parent who tells its child not to touch the stove.

It might prevent the child from touching the stove, or it may allow the child to touch the stove for a lesson, or the Guardian Angel may be busy doing something else.

... or the Guardian Angel may be busy doing something else.

But if every human being has his own special personal Guardian Angel - what else should this angel has to do but to guard this person?

But if every human being has his own special personal Guardian Angel - what else should this angel has to do but to guard this person?
If you're assigned a prisoner, you still must brush your teeth.

It would be pretty dull if I did nothing more in existence than remove obstacles from your pathway.

Personal responsibility, you are your Guardian Angel.

Risk and contrast require calamity.

Personal responsibility, you are your Guardian Angel.

If you are walking along your way, and an aeroplane crashes on you, where is your "responsibility"?
Are you supposed to hide all day long in an underground cellar to avoid such a case?

Guardian angels were often considered to be matched by a personal demon who countered the angel's efforts, especially in popular medieval drama such as morality plays like the 15th-century The Castle of Perseverance. In Christopher Marlowe's play The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus, of about 1592, Faustus has a "Good Angel" and "Bad Angel" who offer competing advice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guard...i Leo Trepp,might indeed have guardian angels.

As it seems, there are not onely Guardian Angels, but also "Guardian Devils". :cool:

Guardian Angels are make believe.

Those who do not survive a catastrophe can't tell us their stories. Survivor stories are like gamblers telling us how much they "won" and neglecting to mention how much it cost them to "win".

Survivor stories are like gamblers telling us how much they "won" and neglecting to mention how much it cost them to "win".

I do not like those survivors at all who brag about that God had "saved" them.
Implying that those that did not survive somehow deserved to die!

Such stories are tasteless, to say the least.

I do not like those survivors at all who brag about that God had "saved" them.
Implying that those that did not survive somehow deserved to die!

Such stories are tasteless, to say the least.

I present to you, "Jesus Take the Wheel."

Etc etc etc .....
I always joke about the guardian angels who saved me from several certain demises. Mine are special, apparently. I imagine the others had less clout with the big fella.

It's not wise to praise Jesus. Best is to praise God. Remember, he's a jealous God.

Is it safe to praise the Holy Ghost? Or must we talk of the holy spirit?

Is it safe to praise the Holy Ghost? Or must we talk of the holy spirit?
Personally, I think Spirit might be the best descriptor of something which could be thought of as a God. I guess, some would call it "holy"...although, I'm not sure why we would assume that.

If you are walking along your way, and an aeroplane crashes on you, where is your "responsibility"?
Are you supposed to hide all day long in an underground cellar to avoid such a case?
You're responsible for staying in the material world where those kind of things happen, you're responsible for coming here.

You would have died gloriously and had new birth.

You can be a victim if you want, there's always a time and place, but more often you're just going to be the sassy parent in denial.

One should vet out causes.

The quickest way to heal an injury is to vet out causes.

Etc etc etc .....
I think the Guardian Angels of the Titanic were lost when they said, "Even God couldn't sink it."

So their Guardian Angel became their enemy, only to watch over their soul and final heroics.

All those people were responsible for hearing that and getting on the ship.

Responsible, for destroying the Earth.

Risk is part of the venture of life.

Back
Top Bottom