• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

abortion compromise

steen said:
Take a look at their annyal reports you can read as well as I can. You quited from a report, but didn't read it? How lame is that!:roll:

Actually I stated I couldn't find a report from Planned Parenthood that brokedown their funding and expenditure. I said I'd love to see one. You think it would be easy to find since they are a taxpayer funded charitable organization but I haven't found it yet. Have you?

steen said:
Who knew that this was in quotes? Oh, wait, we all do because you were inept enough to provide the quotes as well, showing how dishonest your argument is.

I don't get this. Are you saying you couldn't find this on the planned parenthood site? Here I will link the exact page for you.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp...hcontrol/pub-birth-control-04.xml#Outercourse

It's under the heading outercourse though I'd say anal sex is still about something going in but whatever.

steen said:
Page 24 (report page 22): Government grants and contracts are 264 mill out of 752 mill. Of course, out of their budget 487 mill goes to ALL clinic services.

Isn't that a profit?

talloulou said:
Actually I stated I couldn't find a report from Planned Parenthood that brokedown their funding and expenditure. I said I'd love to see one. You think it would be easy to find since they are a taxpayer funded charitable organization but I haven't found it yet. Have you?
http://www.plannedparenthoodrx.com/annualreport/report-04.pdf

Page 22 of the report, page 24 of Adobe reader. it is right there in the annual report. Thi is NOT hard to find. :roll:

talloulou said:
Isn't that a profit?
revenue: 264 mil from the Government, expense 487 mill for clinic services. Well, golly gee, looks like even just running the clinics cost much more than the government grants cover. You call it profit? That would be republican woodoo economics, right?

steen said:
revenue: 264 mil from the Government, expense 487 mill for clinic services. Well, golly gee, looks like even just running the clinics cost much more than the government grants cover. You call it profit? That would be republican woodoo economics, right?

You said they bring in 752 million. They spend 487 on clinic services. That's a profit. Why should the government give them more and increase the profit? Are charities even supposed to profit? I wonder how much of that profit comes from their cash abortions.

Fascinating that you couldn't be bothered to go to the link and look for yourself. LAME!

steen said:
Fascinating that you couldn't be bothered to go to the link and look for yourself. LAME!

Your avoidance of the issue that planned parenthood operates on a profit rather than the supposed lack of money you claim is noted.

talloulou said:
You said they bring in 752 million. They spend 487 on clinic services. That's a profit. Why should the government give them more and increase the profit? Are charities even supposed to profit? I wonder how much of that profit comes from their cash abortions.

go to page 24: (page 22 in document, page 24 in acobat)

they spent 487.6 on medical services, but they have a lot of other expenses.

they had 35.2 million dollars more revenue then expenses, and their assets increased by 2.1 million.

star2589 said:

they had 35.2 million dollars more revenue then expenses, and their assets increased by 2.1 million.
She wasn't bothered with going looking before, why would she do that now? That would require integrity, after all.

steen said:
She wasn't bothered with going looking before, why would she do that now?

because she's more likely to listen to me than to you.

star2589 said:

Isn't that a profit? And some of their expenses include activism and government lobbying. Why should the government give them more money when their revenue is higher than their expenses?

Oh and my computer is screwed up and won't let me open .pdf files. I don't know why I gotta wait till my husband can take a look at it. It automatically tries to open everything in adobe photoshop no matter what I tell it and its impossible to read anything in adobe at least for me.

Last edited:
talloulou said:
Oh and my computer is screwed up and won't let me open .pdf files. I don't know why I gotta wait till my husband can take a look at it. It automatically tries to open everything in adobe photoshop no matter what I tell it and its impossible to read anything in adobe at least for me.

if you're using windows try this: download the document onto your computer, and then right click on the document and select "open with". it will provide you with a list of programs, and you can tell it which program to use to open the file, and you can set that as default.

star2589 said:
if you're using windows try this: download the document onto your computer, and then right click on the document and select "open with". it will provide you with a list of programs, and you can tell it which program to use to open the file, and you can set that as default.

Thanks Star. I had to download acrobat reader my computer didn't have it. Anyway I looked at it and looks to me Planned Parenthood is running at a profit? Now am I not understanding accounting.....which is completely possible?

Also if you look at page 11 they gave out more contraceptives, more MAP, and yet still performed more abortions for 2003 vs. 2002.

Plus their goal five is to control a successful media company. Why should taxpayers fund that in any way? When someone wants to push propaganda controlling a media company is one of the best ways to do it.

And goal 8 is downright scary. Planned parenthood aims to be an authoritative voice on bioethical standards. How noble of them to do this while simultaneously being the states biggest abortion provider.

Goal 9 is their attempt to be the countrys biggest activist base.

Yeah I'd definitely say if they wanted to they could hand out more free birth control but clearly they have bigger and better things on their mind. Sanger would have been proud.

Last edited:
talloulou said:
Thanks Star. I had to download acrobat reader my computer didn't have it. Anyway I looked at it and looks to me Planned Parenthood is running at a profit? Now am I not understanding accounting.....which is completely possible?

it is a profit. I'm far from an expert on non-profit organizations, so I cant really say much about the significance of that. what I do know, is that non-profit organizations are allowed to make profits, what really matters is where that money goes. (to the CEO vs back into the organization). something else to consider is that as a percentage of the organizations expenses, the profits were only 5%.

the reason to consider having the government give them more money is so that the organization can continue growing, rather than to help the organization maintain its current size.

star2589 said:
it is a profit. I'm far from an expert on non-profit organizations, so I cant really say much about the significance of that. what I do know, is that non-profit organizations are allowed to make profits, what really matters is where that money goes. (to the CEO vs back into the organization). something else to consider is that as a percentage of the organizations expenses, the profits were only 5%.

the reason to consider having the government give them more money is so that the organization can continue growing, rather than to help the organization maintain its current size.

Oh right but have you seen their goals?????? They want to be the authority on bioethics for goodness sake all while controlling a media company. I find those to be some highly questionable and suggestive goals for the country's biggest abortion provider to have. And while I wouldn't mind the government taking more taxes from me to buy more birth control I do have a genuine problem with their future goals.

And you also can't ignore the fact that part of their activism is lobbying washington to get things their way.....abortion on demand with zero compromise. I find that insulting.

Last edited:
alphamale said:
Like they say, don't bite off what ya can't chew! ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of not talking to people who see in black and white.

star2589 said:
because you're debating style is much more abrasive than mine.
The facts are the same, I just have less patience with lies and deceit

Back
Top Bottom