• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abolish the Senate.

that is what the founders intended. It is a great check and balance. a state that taxes TOO much will lose taxpayers. A state that is too generous to net tax consumers, will see them flock to that state and bankrupt it. Liberals want their idiotic parasitic vote buying policies spread nationally for that reason.
People who inherit money no more 'earned' that money than those who receive legal assistance from the government.

People who inherit money no more 'earned' that money than those who receive legal assistance from the government.
Agreed people that inherit large sums of money didn't earn it but their parents did it wasn't taking it gunpoint by the government.

You shouldn't assume anybody that points things like this out is automatically on the opposing side of the issue.

My position has been pretty consistent taxation is theft.
Unless it pays for the things you want....

that is what the founders intended. It is a great check and balance. a state that taxes TOO much will lose taxpayers. A state that is too generous to net tax consumers, will see them flock to that state and bankrupt it. Liberals want their idiotic parasitic vote buying policies spread nationally for that reason.
It would make for a very interesting discussion if we were to examine how our Federal, State, and local governments would work IF the 16th and 17th amendments were repealed and all Federal redistribution of money was ceased.
If I were 20 years younger I would begin such a thread, but it should be started by someone with a greater life expectancy than me.

Lovely idea. Small problem. If you move taxes to the state then all the wealthy people and businesses that want to avoid paying taxes will move to the one state that gives them a huge deal. The more income tax is paid at the federal level and redispersed to the states, the harder it is for shitty states to try and get an advantage by altering their tax law.
If ever we begin a discussion on taxation there will be many issues requiring us to find reasoned and rational solutions.

The parties switched ideology on race a while ago. LBJ led the way.
The topic of discussion was about Senate rules, not race.

The topic of discussion was about Senate rules, not race.
That the filibuster was a rule used to stifle racial progress was my point. I was responding to a post that seemed to blame democrats of decades ago. Now it is in GOP and
conservative’s interests to maintain it as well as the Senate.

Back
Top Bottom