• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Virginia senator is arrested and charged with felonies.

As I write this, she has no doubt been released.

I bet you dollars to donuts, the charges will be dropped.

This is 2020 America.

And 2021 America under our new President will be even worse when it comes to special treatment for certain folks.

Have a nice day!

Well I hope she is released pending bail ( I doubt she is a flight risk) but I definitely hope she is charged and either a plea deal is reached, or they head for trial. Not a fan of destroying property that its owner does not authorize. Whether cities should remove these pieces of art is one question. Whether people with no authority should be destroying or removing them is another.

One of the problems cities are having is that there is a large volume of these kinds of cases, but there is no extra money sitting in these budgets to hire the staff and the investigators and attorneys to handle the overload in a timely matter and handle more serious criminal cases. I would hope that those who want these cases pursued are willing to pay the taxes and increase the budgets to have that happen. If a DA has to prioritize his resources and staff, clearly violent crimes, rapes, white collar crime etc have to take precedent and these matters will have to be clipped.

Last edited:
Did you watch the end of the video? It says she left before anything happened.

She had the cops back off with her phony phone call.....period.

She's already playing the race card even though the black female Portsmouth Chief of police is the one who filed the charges.

She's already playing the race card even though the black Portsmouth Chief of police is the one who filed the charges.

She was not involved and will be cleared of any charges.

She's already playing the race card even though the black female Portsmouth Chief of police is the one who filed the charges.
The prosecutor has already made it clear that they're not going to pursue the charges.

So?

Portsmouth will still go on as being the nastiest, and one of the most violent cities in Virginia.

Perfect place for Lucas and her ilk.

At least the infernal Statue will be gone. I'm sick to death of all the commotion about removing Confederate traitors erected to scare the blacks from our parks. Surely they are not worth this much violence. Didn't they kill enough Americans when they were alive? How would you like a Statue of Ho Chi Minh in your local park that you had to pass everyday?

At least the infernal Statue will be gone. I'm sick to death of all the commotion about removing Confederate traitors erected to scare the blacks from our parks. Surely they are not worth this much violence.

Violence is the action of the ignorant.

Portsmouth has been full of ignorant for the last 60 years.

Violence is the action of the ignorant.

Portsmouth has been full of ignorant for the last 60 years.

There are those statues all over the South not just in Portsmouth. A women died over a f-ing statue in Charlottesville too.

At least the infernal Statue will be gone.
if they don't restore it, they have before when the monument was vandalized in 2005
I'm sick to death of all the commotion about removing Confederate traitors erected to scare the blacks from our parks.
So seek to have them removed legally.
Surely they are not worth this much violence. Didn't they kill enough Americans when they were alive?
It's worth putting them back to show that thuggery is useless.
How would you like a Statue of Ho Chi Minh in your local park that you had to pass everyday?
If it really bothered me I'd lead a campaign to remove it. Such a thing wouldn't bother me though I'm not a delicate little snowflake.

There are those statues all over the South not just in Portsmouth. A women died over a f-ing statue in Charlottesville too.

Waste of a life if you ask me. The statue might even still be there.

Why do people care so much? Most people don't even know they are there.

Waste of a life if you ask me. The statue might even still be there.

Why do people care so much? Most people don't even know they are there.

The real question is WHY are they still there. The Jim Crow era is long gone.

if they don't restore it, they have before when the monument was vandalized in 2005
So seek to have them removed legally.
It's worth putting them back to show that thuggery is useless.

If it really bothered me I'd lead a campaign to remove it. Such a thing wouldn't bother me though I'm not a delicate little snowflake.

The Jim Crow era is long gone and those statues should be too. In America when the people speak we listen. It's how we keep ourselves free. Many cities have already removed their statues, those that still keep them are asking for attention.

The Jim Crow era is long gone and those statues should be too.
so go tell them in Virginia I don't have any say over it. I don't pay taxes their I don't vote in their elections, I have no interest whatsoever in what monuments they choose to keep what monuments they choose to remove.
In America when the people speak we listen. It's how we keep ourselves free.
so marching into someone else's town and vandalizing their monument it's giving the middle finger to the people.

It's their town see paint to build and maintain the monument if they want it removed it should be their decision not yours.
Many cities have already removed their statues, those that still keep them are asking for attention.
In some cities choose not to women's there monuments. Acting like a dictator thug because someone has a monument that you don't want it is not the people deciding for themselves. It's authoritarians deciding for everyone else.

Seattle has a statue of Lenin. If they wanted a statue of Hitler which is kind of a lateral move from linen I don't care if it bothers you move there and petition the government.

Back
Top Bottom