• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Texan's input.

Worth a watch. Language warning.

I do not grok? How can there be a backup at the border if the borders are open as one party suggests?

I applaud texas for being so proactive with their vehicle safety regardless of the fact their 'safety' actions are once again helping the supply side of things. The more the gop can choke off the more they can complain about inflation.

Dude. Check the news once in a while. You're making a fool of yourself.
You mean Biden isn't President? Or are you asserting that Biden suddenly became a Republican?

You obviously need to get a clue. Republicans aren't running the country, Democrats are.

The last time I checked Biden was President and Harris was the "Border Czar." So where exactly are the Republicans involved in these border-crossing "safety checks?"

As usual, the leftist piece of shit has completely lost his tiny Texan mind and is blaming the wrong people. This is indeed a fine example of leftist lunacy, and amply demonstrates that leftist filth have completely lost touch with reality.
Breathe, homie....breathe.

If they are seeking asylum they are complying with the law... Perhaps some legal education would help...

They have to do it at a port of entry or face illegally entering the county and procecuted.

They have to do it at a port of entry or face illegally entering the county and procecuted.

Bullshit.. The law is VERY clear.. Where does this bullshit come from?

Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.

What exactly do you think the phrase "whether or not at a designated port of arrival" actually means under the law?

Texas Gov. Abbott's first busload of illegal immigrants arrived in Washington DC today. They were off loaded a couple of blocks from the US Capitol building. As long as he keeps that up he'll keep getting reelected.
he has definitely won the trucker vote.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.

What exactly do you think the phrase "whether or not at a designated port of arrival" actually means under the law?
well, a bunch of the bullshit comes from that lying ass Sean Hannity. more BS comes from that lying ass Tucker Carlson. even more BS comes from that lying ass trump and a bunch of the other lying ass republican politicians.

now, in this specific case/law i'm not sure where the BS comes from. maybe they just don't read laws and simply guess and hope no one notices.

The last 20 years you say... So mot just since Jan 2021? Has Abbott been doing these "safety inspections" for the last eight years while he was governor? Why did he start now? You are kind of making the guys point...
must be the supply chain was getting caught up and he has to slow it down to make Biden look bad
have a nice night

It's what they do. Take and torture the hostage, blame the left.

I wasn't being flippant when I said...

Trumpism: the point is the ugly​

And then said instead...
Trumpism: the point is the evil​

Yay me I guess. ****ing hell. How can people vote for this? Can they really not find people who espouse their ideas but whose solutions isn't start burning everything down and threaten to complete the mission unless they get what they want?
LOL Trump again? Do you see his face every time you close your eyes?

If they are seeking asylum they are complying with the law... Perhaps some legal education would help...
You think a con wants to learn about complex issues?

The law is clear on applying for asylum...HOWEVER...the law is also clear on entering the country illegally at the same time.

Applying for asylum outside the port of entry, like in the United States without authorization, is still illegal.

Many illegal immigrants have been procecuted, and in jail for applying for asylum outside the port of entry. So both is correct.

U.S. Code 1325

(b)Improper time or place; civil penalties
Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of—

Applying for asylum does not mean you can break U.S. laws to do so outside the port of entry. Improperly entering the U.S. in attempts to apply for asylum can result in procecution and jail time.

Last edited:
Texas Gov. Abbott's first busload of illegal immigrants arrived in Washington DC today. They were off loaded a couple of blocks from the US Capitol building. As long as he keeps that up he'll keep getting reelected.
Performative stunts are what keeps getting Abbott re-elected? Says a lot about the state of Texas, I guess.

And here I was thinking it was cause Beto keeps putting his foot in his mouth trying to talk about gun control in Texas.

Back
Top Bottom