• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A serious question for my friends from the left in this forum

Navy Pride said:
Here is a question for you..Now pay attention there will be a test........How many terrorist attacks have we had since 9/11/01? Zero..None........Now how many terrorist attacks did we have under "Slick Willie?" To many to count Bush hater..........

I'm assuming we're only counting terrorist attacks on American soil, right? Otherwise, you'd have to count all those pesky deaths in Iraq, which wouldn't help your argument...

So actually I *can* count the number of terrorist attacks under Clinton: Two. And we went from April 1995 to September 2001 without a single attack. If we accept your premise that Clinton did nothing to fight terrorism, then it seems we must've gotten really lucky to go six years without a single attack. And if that's the case, how can you definitely say that it hasn't just been luck for the last FOUR years?

Last edited:
SKILMATIC said:
Your own attachment just refuted everything you just said. In the russian occupance it was merely 1000 and in the period of the taliban it increased to over 4000. Please go to a mental institute son.

Yes and in JULY OF 2000 the Taliban declared a Jihad against the Drug Lords and the effect of their Jihad is reflected in these statistics.

I am afraid the facts are on my side on this one.

Attachments

• taylorJune05-2a.jpg
    taylorJune05-2a.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 3
Kandahar said:
Actually, I can count them: Two.

No you cant cause in all actuality there have been more. Except these havent been on our soil which is what we are aiming for. They can blow up there own people for all I care I just dont want it to happen to us.

Yes and in JULY OF 2000 the Taliban declared a Jihad against the Drug Lords and the effect of their Jihad is reflected in these statistics.

I am afraid the facts are on my side on this one.

No they arent because look what hapened after and before 2000. And even if you compare 2000 to previous years its still higher.

SKILMATIC said:
No you cant cause in all actuality there have been more. Except these havent been on our soil which is what we are aiming for. They can blow up there own people for all I care I just dont want it to happen to us.

There were only two terrorist attacks on American soil under eight years of Clinton. The president (Clinton OR Bush) doesn't have much control over terrorist attacks that happen abroad. And if we're going to count those, then we'll have to also count the THOUSANDS of terrorist attacks against Americans in Iraq. Suddenly your president's record of "not a single terrorist attack since 9/11" looks terrible.

SKILMATIC said:

No they arent because look what hapened after and before 2000. And even if you compare 2000 to previous years its still higher.

Look at 2001.

This is the result of the JULY 2000 Jihad which wiped out the poppy harvest.

We invaded in Oct 2001 and you can see that poppy production has returned to its normal range under "Coalition Control."

I hate to break it to you but the British Empire was built on Opium Trafficking---Ever heard of the "Opium Wars."

Attachments

• taylorJune05-2a.jpg
    taylorJune05-2a.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 0
  • group2.jpg
    group2.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 4
OdgenTugbyGlub said:
:bs I started to drink coffee shortly after 9/11, there have been no attacks on US soil since 9/11. Obviously my drinking of coffee is keeping you all safe. NOT NECESSARILY CAUSE AND EFFECT BUDDY!

Well why did we have all those attacks under Clinton? WTC1 Kolbar Towers........USS COLE?:confused:

Navy Pride said:
Well why did we have all those attacks under Clinton? WTC1 Kolbar Towers........USS COLE?:confused:

Hey Navy...

I know Tim McVeigh drove the truck bomb to the front of the Fed building,

BUT HOW DID HE GET THE OTHER BOMBS INSIDE THE FED BUILDING ?

INCLUDING THE THREE ADDITIONAL BOMBS WHICH DID NOT EXPLODE AND HAD TO BE REMOVED BY THE BOMB SQUAD!

IT WAS ALL REPORTED THAT DAY ON THE NEWS THAT MULTIPLE BOMBS WERE FOUND INSIDE THE BUILDING!

HOW DID TIM MCVIEGH GET ACCESS TO THE FEDERAL BUILDING AND FILL IT WITH EXPLOSIVES?

Kandahar said:
I'm assuming we're only counting terrorist attacks on American soil, right? Otherwise, you'd have to count all those pesky deaths in Iraq, which wouldn't help your argument...

So actually I *can* count the number of terrorist attacks under Clinton: Two. And we went from April 1995 to September 2001 without a single attack. If we accept your premise that Clinton did nothing to fight terrorism, then it seems we must've gotten really lucky to go six years without a single attack. And if that's the case, how can you definitely say that it hasn't just been luck for the last FOUR years?

Ahh, maybe you haven't noticed but we are at war in Iraq........Sadly people die in wars.........Better we kill the terroirsts on the streets of Baghdad then the streets of NY......

OH and WTC1, Kolbar Towers, and the USS Cole are American soil.............

Lucidthots said:
Look at 2001.

This is the result of the JULY 2000 Jihad which wiped out the poppy harvest.

We invaded in Oct 2001 and you can see that poppy production has returned to its normal range under "Coalition Control."

I hate to break it to you but the British Empire was built on Opium Trafficking---Ever heard of the "Opium Wars."

No we were the ones who destroyed their plantations. Then after we left and gave control back to the afghanistanians they started production again.

Note: IMO the US government never cared about drugs. If they did they would solve the problem here on our soil. However, we are monitoring how they use that money. In which when I was there we were making sure all that money went into their infrustructure.

Lucidthots said:
Hey Navy...

I know Tim McVeigh drove the truck bomb to the front of the Fed building,

BUT HOW DID HE GET THE OTHER BOMBS INSIDE THE FED BUILDING ?

INCLUDING THE THREE ADDITIONAL BOMBS WHICH DID NOT EXPLODE AND HAD TO BE REMOVED BY THE BOMB SQUAD!

IT WAS ALL REPORTED THAT DAY ON THE NEWS THAT MULTIPLE BOMBS WERE FOUND INSIDE THE BUILDING!

HOW DID TIM MCVIEGH GET ACCESS TO THE FEDERAL BUILDING AND FILL IT WITH EXPLOSIVES?

Boy your upper case letters work fine.........What are you 10?

I don't know you tell us..........I beleive McVeigh was and American though...I don't believe he was a foreign terrorist...do you? Never mind.........:roll:

I would just like to share a slightly irrelevant...but slightly not...factoid that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. IN THE WORLD! Yeah, Bush is doing a great job stopping the spread of Islamicization.

Navy Pride said:
Boy your upper case letters work fine.........What are you 10?

I don't know you tell us..........I beleive McVeigh was and American though...I don't believe he was a foreign terrorist...do you? Never mind.........:roll:

No---I want you to explain how Tim McViegh managed to plant multiple bombs inside the Fed building.

How did he have access?

I mean those bombs must have been pretty big.

Did he just carry them in repeatedly past security?

Or do Fed Buildings not have Security?

Kelzie said:
I would just like to share a slightly irrelevant...but slightly not...factoid that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. IN THE WORLD! Yeah, Bush is doing a great job stopping the spread of Islamicization.

Thats not his agenda; his agenda is to stop the radicalism of it. Plus the only reason why islam is the fastest growing cause it is home to more than 1/4 of the worlds population. And in that population the birth rate is pretty high.

SKILMATIC said:
Thats not his agenda; his agenda is to stop the radicalism of it. Plus the only reason why islam is the fastest growing cause it is home to more than 1/4 of the worlds population. And in that population the birth rate is pretty high.

Actually, it's that fastest growing almost everywhere, including the US. Especially in out prison populations.

Kelzie said:
Actually, it's that fastest growing almost everywhere, including the US. Especially in out prison populations.

Thats exactly what I am saying.

Kelzie said:

And your point is?:confused: Most people that practice Islam are peace loving and God fearing............

Navy Pride said:
And your point is?:confused: Most people that practice Islam are peace loving and God fearing............

Yeppers, they are. Thats why I am saying who cares if there are more muslims. Let them grow. Our country was founded upon freedom of religion. Why would our foreign diplomacy be any different?

Navy Pride said:
I look up and down the threads in this forum and I see all the hate threads about President Bush started by my friends frrom the left........

My question to you is: Do you hate this president so much that you want him to fail in evey thing he does, especially in Iraq, even if it means that many Americans will die there if your right?

Your comments please: Thanks......

I only see accurate depictions of him from the left
and a dumbed down look from the right

Kelzie said:

since the crusades Arabs have been under attack on their soil
baptist and evangelist are currently trying to indoctrinate the jews

ADL is watching

and at all costs stop the rapture
the evangelists are fanatics on par with islamic extremists
they want to exterminate everyone
I have long since given up on religiion
there is no religion that merits my inclusion

Last edited:
Canuck said:
baptist and evangelist are currently trying to indoctrinate the jews

O god not you again. Do you really have to pallut every thread?

Dude, they are all of the christianity denomination, so in essence they are the same.

Canuck said:
I only see accurate depictions of him from the left
and a dumbed down look from the right

Accurate Depictions of him from the left? You mean Dan Rather was right about Bush's national guard service? You mean michael moore has Pure evidance for all his rhetoric? You mean to tell me newsweek "accurate depiction" of the koran was in fact, accurate? I think not! All i hear is pure imbacilic rhetoric from the left. The right, a majority (excluding savage) say it as they see it from the facts that are brought on the table, a charactoristic that you do not have canuck! I know there are a lot of radicals out there, on the left and right, but i see a more accurate account on bush from the right, nothing from the left, not one shred of pure fact! Sorry to disappoint you!

SKILMATIC said:
O god not you again. Do you really have to pallut every thread?

Dude, they are all of the christianity denomination, so in essence they are the same.

One change, christianity and islam derives from judaism! :D

AK_Conservative said:
Accurate Depictions of him from the left? You mean Dan Rather was right about Bush's national guard service? You mean michael moore has Pure evidance for all his rhetoric? You mean to tell me newsweek "accurate depiction" of the koran was in fact, accurate? I think not! All i hear is pure imbacilic rhetoric from the left. The right, a majority (excluding savage) say it as they see it from the facts that are brought on the table, a charactoristic that you do not have canuck! I know there are a lot of radicals out there, on the left and right, but i see a more accurate account on bush from the right, nothing from the left, not one shred of pure fact! Sorry to disappoint you!

Hey I like savage. He is the only american extremist that you hear. He is IMO the modern founding father of this nation. :2wave:

AK_Conservative said:
One change, christianity and islam derives from judaism! :D

UH HUH and? Tell me something I dont know. :lol:

Jk, I got what your saying. ;)

Back
Top Bottom