• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A serious question for my friends from the left in this forum

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I look up and down the threads in this forum and I see all the hate threads about President Bush started by my friends frrom the left........

My question to you is: Do you hate this president so much that you want him to fail in evey thing he does, especially in Iraq, even if it means that many Americans will die there if your right?

Your comments please: Thanks......

Navy Pride said:
I look up and down the threads in this forum and I see all the hate threads about President Bush started by my friends frrom the left........

My question to you is: Do you hate this president so much that you want him to fail in evey thing he does, especially in Iraq, even if it means that many Americans will die there if your right?

I want him to bring the "terrorists" to justice.

Attachments

• 24462852-O.jpg
    24462852-O.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 25
  • squib6kq.jpg
    squib6kq.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 25
  • opiumbluepoppy.jpg
    opiumbluepoppy.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 23
  • wtc1detonations1cap026aa.jpg
    wtc1detonations1cap026aa.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 24
Navy Pride said:
My question to you is: Do you hate this president so much that you want him to fail in evey thing he does,

No, it's the other way around. I hate this president so much BECAUSE he fails at everything he does.

Navy Pride said:

No. And this is a dumb thread.

Kelzie said:

Its good to hear Kelzie but you have to admit there are a lot of dumb threads in this forum especially the ones that just spew hate for President Bush and nothing more..........

Lucidthots said:
I want him to bring the "terrorists" to justice.

What terrorists? You think all terrorism is an inside job.

No but I can honestly say I hate having him as my president.

If you are going to make a pithy statement as such then please tell us why. I am compelled to hear.

No, it's the other way around. I hate this president so much BECAUSE he fails at everything he does.

:lol: So I guess he failed when he went after dem terrorists. I guess he failed when he went to afghanistan and rooted out those taliban. I guess it was a failure when he sent federal aid to help the hurricane victims. I guess it was a failure to help secure our lives and our posterity from the indellable threats of terrorism.

On the other hand he has failed on the border issue and he has failed to take the initiative to help this nation when it comes to the energy(electricity, gas, oil, fuel) problem.

What kinda comment is that my love?

Navy Pride said:
Its good to hear Kelzie but you have to admit there are a lot of dumb threads in this forum especially the ones that just spew hate for President Bush and nothing more..........

Yeah, and those are dumb too. But that doesn't make this thread any better.

Kelzie said:
Yeah, and those are dumb too. But that doesn't make this thread any better.

A little better, at least I found out you don't hate the president...:lol:

SKILMATIC said:
:lol: So I guess he failed when he went after dem terrorists. I guess he failed when he went to afghanistan and rooted out those taliban.

Actually, yes, he did. The Taliban is resurging in Afghanistan, Islamic extremism is on the rise, and the world as a whole is MORE at-risk of terrorism today than it was prior to 9/11.

SKILMATIC said:
I guess it was a failure when he sent federal aid to help the hurricane victims.

Are we living in the same country? Yes, that was an abysmal failure. One of the worst ****-ups of his entire presidency, and that's saying a lot.

SKILMATIC said:
I guess it was a failure to help secure our lives and our posterity from the indellable threats of terrorism.

See above.

He's literally failed at every single thing he's done. That's really hard to do...even other presidents who I would have disliked had SOMETHING to show after five years in office.

Yeah, there are alot of anti-Bush Threads on here. But you have to consider the source. Obviously what Bush is doing in Iraq and the War on Terror is working. There hasn't been an attack on US soil since 9/11. The other day, the Iraqi elections were a success, again. So it'll all work out in due time. Tho Bush's ignorance of the border issue pisses me off a little.

Yeah, there are alot of anti-Bush Threads on here. But you have to consider the source. Obviously what Bush is doing in Iraq and the War on Terror is working. There hasn't been an attack on US soil since 9/11. The other day, the Iraqi elections were a success, again. So it'll all work out in due time. Tho Bush's ignorance of the border issue pisses me off a little.

:bs I started to drink coffee shortly after 9/11, there have been no attacks on US soil since 9/11. Obviously my drinking of coffee is keeping you all safe. NOT NECESSARILY CAUSE AND EFFECT BUDDY!

Actually, yes, he did. The Taliban is resurging in Afghanistan, Islamic extremism is on the rise, and the world as a whole is MORE at-risk of terrorism today than it was prior to 9/11.

On the contrary, even the head recruiter of al qaeda sent a letter that was confiscated by US forces and the letter said to masowi(spelling?)that he needed to stop the attacks because it was causing the whole world to be uneasy towards their recruit efforts. Islamic redicals are finding it much harder to recruit people because the untastful attacks against their own islamic brethren in iraq is putting a distasteful feeling towards their efforts. Not to mention, I dont know about you but taliban is no longer even in working capabilities. Whatevers left of them they are in caves in the mountains. Also US forces seized all their funding by destroying their drug plantations and seizing all their assets. They cant fund plots if their is no funding to do so. The only things they can do now are mini car bombs and thats what they are doing. We are in no way more at risk from terror attacks becasue they dont have the means anymore to get here let alone fund their way to a terror attack. Please learn about the subject first.

Are we living in the same country? Yes, that was an abysmal failure. One of the worst ****-ups of his entire presidency, and that's saying a lot.

Well if you are talking about him giving the 60billion to the louisiana government then I agree with you. All of that money isnt federal aid it is our money yours and mine. We payed for that not the government. But I wasnt talking about that aid. I was talking about the military aid that rescued thousands of lives.

See above.

He's literally failed at every single thing he's done. That's really hard to do...even other presidents who I would have disliked had SOMETHING to show after five years in office.

BWAHAHAHA you still havent presented everything. You presented mabe 1 thing. I think hes still thinking whether or not he should give it to them to properly handle.

OdgenTugbyGlub said:
:bs I started to drink coffee shortly after 9/11, there have been no attacks on US soil since 9/11. Obviously my drinking of coffee is keeping you all safe. NOT NECESSARILY CAUSE AND EFFECT BUDDY!

Not BS. The military is stronger, better prepared, and on-call to do anything the president needs done to stop terrorism. The FBI and CIA are actually allowed to share info with the Pentagon now (unlike during the Clinton years). That too helps to stop terrorism. Check points at airports and train stations have helped out too.

Is anyone slipping you something in your coffee?

OdgenTugbyGlub said:

And you are still a mental disorder since 9/11. I started drinking coffee before 9/11 and when 9/11 happened it was due to my coffee drinking. Please get off the forum with this rubbish.

Everything has a cause and effect you mental case, for it is the foundation and krux of every scientific research, theory, and law.

Now lets elaborate for you, if I shoot you in the head then your head would extrapulate all the air it possesses. Then you would die. See the cause and effect that had? The cause was I shot you in the head; the effect was you died. Get it? Cause and effect?

Now lets analyze this in other venues.

If we erradicate tens of thousands of taliban and al qaeda, sever their funding and sieze all their assets, take out many of their top men, and continue to fight them on their turf. Then I would say that would cause many effects on their potential to strike us again dont you think? Or mabe you beleive that they just miraculously appear on our homeland, acquire funds, and pull Boeing 737's out of their a$$es to strike america?

But I am sure you see no cause and effect to this.

SKILMATIC said:
What terrorists? You think all terrorism is an inside job.

Afghanistan..............

Afghanistan..........we just happened to save Afghanistans drug business with our 2001 invasion.

In July of 2000 the Taliban declared a Jihad on the Opium Drug Lords.

In Oct. 2001 America invades!

Attachments

• taylorJune05-2a.jpg
    taylorJune05-2a.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 7
  • pent_fuselagefragment_tn.gif
    pent_fuselagefragment_tn.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Afghanopium2.jpg
    Afghanopium2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 5
  • poppyface.jpg
    poppyface.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 6
Lucidthots said:
Afghanistan..........we just happened to save Afghanistans drug business with our 2001 invasion.

And then Afghanistan begins to destroy its opium fields.

And you are still a mental disorder since 9/11. I started drinking coffee before 9/11 and when 9/11 happened it was due to my coffee drinking. Please get off the forum with this rubbish.

Everything has a cause and effect you mental case, for it is the foundation and krux of every scientific research, theory, and law.

Now lets elaborate for you, if I shoot you in the head then your head would extrapulate all the air it possesses. Then you would die. See the cause and effect that had? The cause was I shot you in the head; the effect was you died. Get it? Cause and effect?

Now lets analyze this in other venues.

If we erradicate tens of thousands of taliban and al qaeda, sever their funding and sieze all their assets, take out many of their top men, and continue to fight them on their turf. Then I would say that would cause many effects on their potential to strike us again dont you think? Or mabe you beleive that they just miraculously appear on our homeland, acquire funds, and pull Boeing 737's out of their a$$es to strike america?

But I am sure you see no cause and effect to this.

:rofl obviously you dont recognize tounge-in-cheek when you see it. On the last part, wow you took out some terrorists in Afghanistan, good job, I really do think it was a good choice, but is that the only place there are and were? To quote my friend, HELLZ NO NI***! I'm sure there are terrorist groups on the radical fringes of ALL muslim nations, not just the one. Certainly freezing some know assests is an obstacle for terrorists, but do you really think Iraq is STOPPING terrorists from planning attacks? It took years for OBN to plan the 9/11 attacks, and he IS still out there. You don't think that he's planning more? If i remember correctly there were a number of years between terrorist attacks on US soil, who's to say that another isn't comming soon? No, I would say that the thing Bush has have done to prevent attacks (Maybe IMO)was TRY to fix the intelligence problems we had pre-9/11 in order for prevention to be better. Remember that even back at 9/11 when our military was still "gutted" by Clinton, we had the strongest military force in the WORLD at our disposal. Remember also that DEATH and FORCE are NOT deterents to terrorists. How many times do we hear each week about a suicied bombing in Iraq or Afghanistan? These people are not afraid to die for their cause. I'll give credit to Bush's attempt at intelligence reorganization and his attack on the financial base of terrorist organizations, but not his botched war.

EDIT: Just a note, between the US invasion and the early months of 2005, opium production increased over 450% in Afghanistan, and local efforts to halt the growth were not successful. No I cant provided links, I'm sorry. The best you can do is do what I did and get on Gale net and search Afghanistan and Opium. (this is from research done for history reports on the Afghan region).

Last edited:
Lucidthots said:

You are an idiot!!! The taliban used the opium and heroine drug plantations to fund all their efforts. Osama acquired over 500million dollars from these plantations. We have now destroyed these plantations and becasue of this has severely effected their efforts and plots becasue they have no more funding.

Heres an article that refutes everything you just said on this forum.

http://www.usembassy.it/pdf/other/RS21041.pdf

Kandahar said:

See above.

Here is a question for you..Now pay attention there will be a test........How many terrorist attacks have we had since 9/11/01? Zero..None........Now how many terrorist attacks did we have under "Slick Willie?" To many to count Bush hater..........

The Taliban, which has imposed a strict brand of Islam in the 95 percent of Afghanistan it controls, has set fire to heroin laboratories and jailed farmers until they agreed to destroy their poppy crops.

The U.N. surveyors, who completed their search this week, crisscrossed Helmand, Kandahar, Urzgan and Nangarhar provinces and parts of two others -- areas responsible for 86 percent of the opium produced in Afghanistan last year, Frahi said in an interview Wednesday. They covered 80 percent of the land in those provinces that last year had been awash in poppies.

This year they found poppies growing on barely an acre here and there, Frahi said. The rest -- about 175,000 acres -- was clean.

HTML:
http://opioids.com/afghanistan/

In the past two years, the UN reports that poppy cultivation increased by two-thirds in 2004 to 51.7 million acres. The US estimate was even higher - at 87.5 million acres. Afghanistan now produces 90 percent of the world's opium - most of it ends up on the streets of Europe and Russia as heroin. European officials warn that this fledgling democracy is being undermined as Afghan officials make decisions based on what's good for the drug trade, rather than the electorate

HTML:
http://csmonitor.com/2005/0513/p01s04-wosc.html?s=spworld

The power vacuum in Afghanistan was marked by a resurgence in the Opium trade, a BIG resurgence.

SKILMATIC said:
You are an idiot!!! The taliban used the opium and heroine drug plantations to fund all their efforts. Osama acquired over 500million dollars from these plantations. We have now destroyed these plantations and becasue of this has severely effected their efforts and plots becasue they have no more funding.

Heres an article that refutes everything you just said on this forum.

http://www.usembassy.it/pdf/other/RS21041.pdf

No you are the idiot!

Here are the statistics!

Attachments

• taylorJune05-2a.jpg
    taylorJune05-2a.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 7
  • poppyface.jpg
    poppyface.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 5
OdgenTugbyGlub said:
:rofl obviously you dont recognize tounge-in-cheek when you see it. On the last part, wow you took out some terrorists in Afghanistan, good job, I really do think it was a good choice, but is that the only place there are and were? To quote my friend, HELLZ NO NI***! I'm sure there are terroist groups on the radical fringes of ALL muslim nations, not just the one. Certainly freezing some know assests is an obstacle for terrorists, but do you really think Iraq is STOPPING terroists from planning attacks? It took years for OBN to plan the 9/11 attacks, and he IS still out there. You don't think that he's planning more? If i remember correctly there were a number of years between terroist attacks on US soil, who's to say that another isn't comming soon? No, I would say that the thing Bush has have done to prevent attacks (Maybe IMO)was TRY to fix the intelligence problems we had pre-9/11 in order for prevention to be better. Remember that even back at 9/11 when our military was still "gutted" by Clinton, we had the strongest military force in the WORLD at our disposal. Remember also that DEATH and FORCE are NOT deterents to terroists. How many times do we hear each week about a suicied bombing in Iraq or Afghanistan? These people are not afraid to die for their cause. I'll give credit to Bush's attempt at intelligence reorganization and his attack on the financial base of terrorist organizations, but not his botched war.

EDIT: Just a note, between the US invasion and the early months of 2005, opium production increased over 450% in Afghanistan, and local efforts to halt the growth were not successful. No I cant provided links, I'm sorry. The best you can do is do what I did and get on Gale net and search Afghanistan and Opium. (this is from research done for history reports on the Afghan region).

Do I think all terroists reside in Afghanistan? No. Do I think they all live in iraq too? No. But thats not the question and mission. The mission is to erradicate as many as we can and to encompassitate all their ability to cause efforts against us. The number 1 perpetraitor is the taliban and al qaeda. It is a fact that most of them reside in afghanistan and some in Iraq.

And no there arent radicals in every nation that has islam. India being the largest populated islam country with 15% of the nation being muslim has no radicals and they are a very peaceful people.

Terroists can plan attacks all they want but unless they have the funding they can not cary them out, so let them plan I dont care. They will be caught and brought to justice one of these days.

OBN you mean Osama Bin Laden? Which would be OBL? And I do believe another is coming, but IMO I would rather do something about the problem instead of being laczidazical about it. I would rather be a man and face my threats then hide from them. Mabe you have a different way. But let me know what you want on your epitaph.

I think death is a deterrent becasue the more deaths occur the less terroists thery have to do the efforts. Then all the funding we seize is another huge major deterrent.

I do agree with you that intelligence is half the problem but no matter how good intelligence you have there is still a enemy at large becasue we did nothing to erradicate them and having a large enemy to fight without actually fighting them the enemy wil win. We know this from Vietnam.

You also need to give credit where credit is due. There is more than 70% less opium and heroine in the world becasue of Bush and there is less terroists in the world becasue of his policies.

The opium and heroine production increased after the taliban(so called declared the production a bad thing)after 1997. And it increased to serve 75% of the worlds supply of opium in 2000.

Lucidthots said:
No you are the idiot!

Here are the statistics!

Your own attachment just refuted everything you just said. In the russian occupance it was merely 1000 and in the period of the taliban it increased to over 4000. Please go to a mental institute son.

Back
Top Bottom