• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A report card on the Biden administration

It is amazing how every single issue on this thread goes right over your head.

But, then, that is not so surprising. You are just a typical Republican.
That's a non sequitur. I freely admit I have not read most of it, just a few for flavor. What has that to do with anything?

I'm not a Republican at all, but I can see that Biden's administration has bungled it's honeymoon period. Given what I have seen of your views, it should make an interesting comparison.

I'm not a Republican at all, but I can see that Biden's administration has bungled it's honeymoon period.
It is truly amazing how many Republicans say that. It is almost as if they are embarrassed to be a Republican these days. They should be.

You say you are not a Republican but you sound like one.

It is truly amazing how many Republicans say that. It is almost as if they are embarrassed to be a Republican these days. They should be.

You say you are not a Republican but you sound like one.
Of course I would sound like a Republican to you. Even a centrist seems far right to someone on the fringe.

Regardless, I have been unaffiliated for many years. Though probably a notch right of center--I actually test a bit left--I have voted for many Democrats through the years, notably my then local Congressman Chet Edwards and Obama for President. In general, I don't get along with Republicans on abortion, legal drugs, immigration policy, LGTB and I don't care much about gun rights.

However, this is not about me. This is about you. I want to see if you can be objective about Biden, because it is clear that you cannot be objective about Trump.

On the subject of abject stupidity on the part of politicians:

In what equates to throwing gasoline on a raging fire, Minnesota's Lt. Gov. Peggy Flanagan posted a highly irresponsible statement on social media declaring that Minnesota is “a place where it is not safe to be Black.”
I beg to differ with the woman. The jury in Minneapolis ruled that Derek Chauvin was guilty on all counts.

Chauvin faces up to 40 years in prison for second-degree murder, up to 25 years for third-degree murder and up to 10 years for second-degree manslaughter.

Many experienced a great deal of satisfaction when they saw Chauvin stand up after the verdict was read, was handcuffed and led off to his jail cell.

You see, Peggy, there is justice and Blacks are safe in Minnesota.

However, this is not about me. This is about you. I want to see if you can be objective about Biden, because it is clear that you cannot be objective about Trump.
Spoken like a diehard Republican. Who do you think you are kidding?

No one.

"I'll give you that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result in this whole trial being overturned," Cahill said as arguments in the case concluded Monday and the jury began deliberations.

A trial a year in the making, three weeks of intense deliberations and testimony may be tossed in appeal because of the mind numbing remarks by a black congresswoman from Los Angeles.
Concerning the incredibly stupid remarks made by Waters and the resulting grounds for appeal, it is the turn of the Democrats to say nothing.
Nothing from the Democrats on this forum. Of course, what Waters said was indefensible. Democrats in Congress are justifying her dangerous remarks by recalling the dangerous remarks by Republicans.

As if two wrongs make a right.

There is little doubt that Chauvin's lawyer is going to appeal, and he is going to use the comments made by the long serving Congresswoman from Los Angeles.

President Joe R. Biden, how refreshing that sounds. What a refreshing day. Our divisive, erratic, foolish, conspiratorial, narcissistic President is gone, replaced by a President who deeply wants to unite us. Barring ill-advised preconceived notions about President Biden, his task should be easy. We are all Americans.

That said, although I voted for Biden for obvious reasons, not unlike 81 million Americans who did the same, I am a conservative Independent. That's official. In CA, we have to declare our political posture. Until I was driven out by Trump, for over a quarter of a century I was a declared Republican. I voted for Biden, but I have some reservations concerning him, mostly having to do with taxation and spending.

I said all that because I want to be honest with readers. I want them to know where I am coming from.

Whether or not Biden will be a good President is obviously an open question, but I think he is a good man. He will do his best to unite us and adopt policies that benefit all Americans, while removing those policies that do us harm. He wants the United States to rejoin the community of nations, and the days of isolation and making unitary decisions that involve other nations, in particular our traditional allies, are over.

The European Union's top politician, Ursula von der Leyen, said it best. "After four long years, Europe has a friend in the White House."

For the first time in four years, there is optimism in America created by a popular President. 59% of Americans approve of Biden.

On day one, Trump's approval rating was 40%, and, although it went lower than that, it never got much higher. Thus the reason for American optimism.

The reason this OP is stupid and false is consumer optimism was sky-high all through the Trump presidency, especially from the beginning. His numbers were similar to President Floppy Ears, despite the fawning media of 0bummer and the daily pounding of Trump. Biden is an illegitimate senile buffoon who at present is profited off Trump's largesse. When the spending and regulations take over, the economy will tank, and Biden will be forced out to make way for Comm(unist)ala

Spoken like a diehard Republican. Who do you think you are kidding?

No one.
You are correct, I was not kidding.

I can give you facts, but I cannot make you think.

The Times reports, "President Biden held his first cabinet meeting on Thursday, a day after rolling out his $2 trillion infrastructure plan, with the socially distanced participants gathering in the East Room of the White House — a less cramped space than the Cabinet Room.

"The afternoon meeting came just over 10 weeks into Mr. Biden’s presidency, a period in which the Senate confirmed all of his cabinet secretaries and almost all of his nominees to other cabinet-level positions.

"Mr. Biden began by delegating five cabinet secretaries — Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg; Marcia L. Fudge, the housing secretary; Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo; Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm; and Marty Walsh, the labor secretary — to serve as his emissaries on infrastructure.'

Pretty routine stuff. Biden is merely doing what he is being paid to do.

Boy, do I miss Trump.
1618998467250.png

President Biden's DOJ is looking into the Minneapolis police force with the blessing of the Minneapolis chief of police and the city council.

ABC News reports, "Attorney General Merrick Garland announced Wednesday that the Justice Department is launching a "pattern or practice" investigation into the Minneapolis police department."

"Today, I am announcing that the Justice Department has opened a civil investigation to determine whether the Minneapolis Police Department engages in a pattern or practice of unconstitutional, unlawful policing," he said.

Police Chief Medaria Arradondo said Wednesday that he welcomed the investigation and pledged his department's full cooperation. “The chief has been insistent that he wants to make the MPD the best department possible," a statement from the department said.

NBC News reports, "Lisa Christensen was an alternate juror in Derek Chauvin's trial but said she agrees that the former Minneapolis police officer is guilty of murder in George Floyd's death."

"I felt he was guilty," she said in an interview that aired Thursday on "CBS This Morning."

"Christensen lives in Brooklyn Center, where Daunte Wright was fatally shot by police April 11. She said on "CBS This Morning" that protests in the city did not play a role in her believing Chauvin is guilty.

"Dr. Tobin was the one that really did it for me," she said, referring to Dr. Martin Tobin, a world-renowned expert on breathing.

"Tobin testified that, by his calculation, he believes 91.5 pounds — half of Chauvin's body weight and half the weight of his gear — were on Floyd's neck at one point."

"This means that all of his body weight is being directed down at Mr. Floyd's neck," Tobin said.

"Christensen said on "CBS This Morning" that Tobin's testimony really explained things."

"I understood it, down to where he said this is the moment that he lost his life really got to me," she said.

The Biden regime gets an F- during its first 100 days, no two ways about it.

CNBC reports, "Leaders of countries like Brazil, Canada and Japan made commitments on Thursday to curb domestic greenhouse gas emissions and tackle climate change during President Joe Biden’s climate summit.

"The pledges come shortly after Biden vowed to reduce U.S. emissions by at least 50% by 2030, more than doubling the country’s prior commitment under the 2015 Paris climate agreement.

"The president convened the summit to urge global cooperation on climate change. “It’s an encouraging start,” Biden told world leaders during the summit. “We’re really beginning to make some real progress.'"

Biden's main opposition to all this? Republicans in the U.S. Senate.

President Joe R. Biden, how refreshing that sounds. What a refreshing day. Our divisive, erratic, foolish, conspiratorial, narcissistic President is gone, replaced by a President who deeply wants to unite us. Barring ill-advised preconceived notions about President Biden, his task should be easy. We are all Americans.

That said, although I voted for Biden for obvious reasons, not unlike 81 million Americans who did the same, I am a conservative Independent. That's official. In CA, we have to declare our political posture. Until I was driven out by Trump, for over a quarter of a century I was a declared Republican. I voted for Biden, but I have some reservations concerning him, mostly having to do with taxation and spending.

I said all that because I want to be honest with readers. I want them to know where I am coming from.

Whether or not Biden will be a good President is obviously an open question, but I think he is a good man. He will do his best to unite us and adopt policies that benefit all Americans, while removing those policies that do us harm. He wants the United States to rejoin the community of nations, and the days of isolation and making unitary decisions that involve other nations, in particular our traditional allies, are over.

The European Union's top politician, Ursula von der Leyen, said it best. "After four long years, Europe has a friend in the White House."

For the first time in four years, there is optimism in America created by a popular President. 59% of Americans approve of Biden.

On day one, Trump's approval rating was 40%, and, although it went lower than that, it never got much higher. Thus the reason for American optimism.
Let's have a show of hands.
Who here actually believes Joe Biden knows any more about climate change than what he's told to read off a prompter or cards?
Anyone?
Does it matter? ... Or is having a powerful puppet to read the talking points enough.

CNBC reports, "Leaders of countries like Brazil, Canada and Japan made commitments on Thursday to curb domestic greenhouse gas emissions and tackle climate change during President Joe Biden’s climate summit.

"The pledges come shortly after Biden
vowed to reduce U.S. emissions by at least 50% by 2030, more than doubling the country’s prior commitment under the 2015 Paris climate agreement.

"The president convened the summit to urge global cooperation on climate change. “It’s an encouraging start,” Biden told world leaders during the summit. “We’re really beginning to make some real progress.'"

Biden's main opposition to all this? Republicans in the U.S. Senate.
How?

Who here actually believes Joe Biden knows any more about climate change than what he's told to read off a prompter or cards?

You don't have to be an expert on climate change to know something has to be done and soon. Besides, the President has experts for that..
He's leaving that up to the experts. They will tell us in good time. The announcement was just yesterday. Be patient.

The problem the Republicans have is that they expect miracles from Biden, and, if they don't get the miracles, they are critical of him. Biden hasn't even been President for 100 days.

Of course, Republicans are desperate to criticize the Democratic President. The Republican Presidency was a four-year debacle. Trump acted more like a clown than a President and averaged 20 lies a day. It got so bad, he no longer could differentiate between reality and fantasy. Then he inspired an insurrection against his own government.

It doesn't get any more ridiculous than that.

Currently, Trump is up to his eyeballs in criminal and civil court cases. He spends half his fortune on lawyers.

Little wonder as to why Republicans are in such a hurry to criticize the Democratic President.

Biden gets an A+. Perhaps the best 100 days of any presidency ever. In the universe. No 2 ways about it.

See how easy that was?

A solid A!!! And we are 4 months in only.

Here's one way: he ended Trump's cruel and illegal policies on the border. Another way: He seems to agree with the rest of the world that climate change is not a hoax invented by the Chinese. Third way: he has proposed more than "it will disappear by Easter solutions" to the pandemic, and done it sooner. Probably more ways. Name his failures, bad things, what gives hi an F- minus. You might want to compare his 100 days with Trump's.

Of course I would sound like a Republican to you. Even a centrist seems far right to someone on the fringe.

Regardless, I have been unaffiliated for many years. Though probably a notch right of center--I actually test a bit left--I have voted for many Democrats through the years, notably my then local Congressman Chet Edwards and Obama for President. In general, I don't get along with Republicans on abortion, legal drugs, immigration policy, LGTB and I don't care much about gun rights.

Why do you guys all say this stuff as though it wipes away everything you’ve ever posted?

Oh, I know: it’s so you can pretend you’re making observations from a middle-of-the-road position. It’s just weird that your middle-of-the-road positions sound identical to just about every conservative.

I mean, when you insist you’re middle-of-the-road and *still* upset with JOE BIDEN for winning the election, how much do you work out cause that’s a mountain of bullshit you’re shoveling.

This is really beginning to hack me off.

NBC reports, "More protests are planned this weekend in the wake of the deadly shooting of a 16-year-old girl by police in Columbus, Ohio, another fatal police encounter roiling a city where allegations of police brutality and police shootings of Black children and men have bred public mistrust."

"Now that we're here and we've had a consistent decade of patterns and practices of ineptitude and racism, our call is for the Justice Department to investigate," Jasmine Ayres, a community organizer who was part of the mayor's working group to develop a police review board, said.

Why didn't Officer Nicholas Reardon just let the Bryant girl stab the second girl to death?

Why didn't the police officers on the scene huddle around and discuss what to do as Bryant lunged toward the second girl with a knife?

Let's spend another two days deciding on what Reardon should have done.

This is getting ridiculous. This was a good shoot.

"I'll give you that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result in this whole trial being overturned," Judge Peter Cahill said.
CNBC reports, "Former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin is scheduled to be sentenced June 16 after his conviction this week on charges including second-degree unintentional murder in the death of George Floyd, a Minnesota court said Friday.

"Chauvin’s sentencing will take place at 1:30 p.m. CT, according to the court schedule, NBC News reported.

Chauvin’s attorneys will have 60 days to appeal the outcome.

When Logical doesn't like something that is how we know it is good. Keep pissing people like him off, and it will be a successful presidency for America.

Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., on Thursday downplayed the urgency of vaccinating all Americans against Covid-19, putting the controversial Wisconsin Republican at odds with public health guidance aimed at easing the ongoing pandemic.

"The science tells us that vaccines are 95% effective. So if you have a vaccine, quite honestly, what do you care if your neighbor has one or not? I mean, what is it to you?" Johnson said in an interview with conservative radio host Vicki McKenna.

"You got a vaccine, and science is telling you it's very, very effective. So why is this big push to make sure everybody gets a vaccine?" Johnson asked.

How in the world did this idiot get elected?

It's easy to see why Republicans on this forum do not want to talk about Republicans. Their entire focus is on Democrats. Strange, huh?

Back
Top Bottom