• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A report card on the Biden administration

Republicans do not have the brains to agree to reasonable controls on the sale of guns.

They also don't know how to talk. Their silence on this issue is deafening.

Surreal!

NBC News reports, "A man has been charged with second-degree murder after an 11-month-old girl was killed and two other children were injured in a weekend drive-by shooting in New York, authorities said.

"Chavez R. Ocasio, 23, is being held in the Onondaga County Justice Center on multiple charges, including violating his parole, tampering with physical evidence and criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree, online jail records show. His first court appearance is scheduled for Tuesday.

"According to Syracuse police, three girls were sitting in the back seat of a car when someone in a passing vehicle opened fire on them around 7 p.m. Sunday."

Congress -- Republicans -- must take certain steps to try to bring this gun violence under control. Instead, as shown in the previous analysis, Republicans are making it easier for men like Ocasio to get guns and openly display them in malls and on our city streets. So, the carnage continues. Republicans don't cre as long as they continue to get their NRA contributions.

Through it all, Republicans remain silent on the issue.

Finally!

President Biden is ending America's involvement in our longest war -- Afghanistan.

The Post reports, "President Biden will withdraw all American troops from Afghanistan over the coming months, U.S. officials said, completing the military exit by the 20th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that drew the United States into its longest war."

Then it gets complicated.

According to the Post, "The decision, which Biden is expected to announce Wednesday, will keep thousands of U.S. forces in the country beyond the May 1 exit deadline that the Trump administration negotiated last year with the Taliban, according to a senior administration official who briefed reporters Tuesday under rules of anonymity set by the White House.

"While the Taliban has promised to renew attacks on U.S. and NATO personnel if foreign troops are not out by the deadline — and said in a statement it would not continue to participate in “any conference” about Afghanistan’s future until all “foreign forces” have departed — it is not clear whether the militants will follow through with the earlier threats given Biden’s plan for a phased withdrawal between now and September."

Finally!

President Biden is ending America's involvement in our longest war -- Afghanistan.

One thing about Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, he is consistent.

Business Insider reports, "GOP senators on Tuesday had mixed reactions to reports about President Joe Biden's planned announcement on Wednesday to withdraw all US troops from Afghanistan by September 11, the 20th anniversary of the terror attacks."

"Foreign terrorists will not leave the U.S. alone because our politicians have grown tired of taking the fight to them," McConnell said on the Senate floor. Biden "needs to explain to the American people why he thinks abandoning our partners and retreating in the face of the Taliban will make America safer," he added.

Trump ordered a withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Afghanistan by May 1. How did McConnell act when a Republican President ordered a withdrawal?

Once again, it is Business Insider. "President Donald Trump's plan to withdraw US troops from Afghanistan is meeting resistance from Republican lawmakers, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who likened it to the US's retreat from Vietnam in 1975.

Speaking on the Senate floor Monday afternoon, McConnell stressed that the US must provide a "limited but important role in defending American national security ... against terrorists who would like nothing more than for the most powerful force for good in the world to simply pick up our ball and go home."

"A rapid withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan now would hurt our allies and delight the people who wish us harm," McConnell said.

We got ourselves a President, not a Putin bootlicker!

The Post reports, "The Biden administration on Thursday imposed the first significant sanctions targeting the Russian economy in several years to punish the Kremlin for a cyberespionage campaign against the United States and efforts to influence the presidential election, according to senior U.S. officials.

"The administration also sanctioned six Russian companies that support Russian spy services’ cyberhacking operations and will expel 10 officials at the Russian Embassy in Washington, most of them identified as intelligence officers working under diplomatic cover, U.S. officials said. The administration formally named the Russian intelligence service SVR as responsible for the hacking operation commonly known as SolarWinds.

"The measures were taken under a new executive order and are an effort to make good on President Biden’s vow to hold Moscow accountable for a series of operations, including the election influence and the cyberhacks, that compromised nine federal agencies and about 100 private firms."

As Americans we can feel proud again. No more mollycoddling communist dictators like Putin and Kim while trashing our traditional allies.

There are state laws that require a person to wear a seat belt while driving. Is that a slippery slope to take away your car?

You are told not to exceed a certain speed limit when driving your car. Is that a slippery slope to take away your car?

If it becomes illegal to walk down a street with an assault rifle or prevent a deranged person from acquiring an AR-15, does that mean the government is going to take away your deer rifle? Only an idiot would believe that to be true.

Not unlike the seat belt law and the speed limit, certain laws are created to prevent injury or death to others as well as ourselves.

On March 22, a mass shooting occurred at a King Soopers supermarket in Boulder, Colorado. Ten people were killed, including a local on-duty police officer.

Three days after that, a man who police say went on a rampage at three spas in the Atlanta area, killing eight people, was charged with eight counts of murder in connection with the attacks.

A man has been charged with second-degree murder after an 11-month-old girl was killed and two other children were injured in a weekend drive-by shooting in New York, authorities said.

According to Syracuse police, three girls were sitting in the back seat of a car when someone in a passing vehicle opened fire on them.

At least five people are dead, including two children, in what police in York County, S.C., called a “case of a mass shooting” that involved a former National Football League player as the gunman.

On the day of the President's E.O.'s on gun control, one person was killed and at least four others were wounded in a shooting at an industrial park in Bryan, Texas.

A confrontation in a Tennessee high school that involved police officers responding to a report of a possible armed man left one person dead and an officer wounded, authorities said. The school was the subject of media reports in February after three students were shot to death over a three-week span.

Today, Police were working to identify a gunman and determine his motive for opening fire at a FedEx facility near the Indianapolis airport, killing eight people and taking his own life in the latest mass shooting to rock the U.S.

Deputy Chief Craig McCartt of the Indianapolis police said the gunman started randomly shooting at people in the parking lot late Thursday night and then went into the building, where he shot himself shortly before police entered the facility.

McCartt said four people were killed outside the building and another four inside. Several people were also wounded, including five taken to the hospital.

The carnage took just a couple of minutes. “It did not last very long,” he said.

All of this has happened since March 22, 3 1/2 weeks ago.

It is past time for reasonable gun controls, but Republicans will not allow that to happen. They do nothing, and they say nothing as this murderous rampage continues.

The corrected version.

On March 16, a man who police say went on a rampage at three spas in the Atlanta area, killing eight people, was charged with eight counts of murder in connection with the attacks.

On March 22, a mass shooting occurred at a King Soopers supermarket in Boulder, Colorado. Ten people were killed, including a local on-duty police officer.

A man has been charged with second-degree murder after an 11-month-old girl was killed and two other children were injured in a weekend drive-by shooting in New York, authorities said.

According to Syracuse police, three girls were sitting in the back seat of a car when someone in a passing vehicle opened fire on them.

At least five people are dead, including two children, in what police in York County, S.C., called a “case of a mass shooting” that involved a former National Football League player as the gunman.

On the day of the President's E.O.'s on gun control, one person was killed and at least four others were wounded in a shooting at an industrial park in Bryan, Texas.

A confrontation in a Tennessee high school that involved police officers responding to a report of a possible armed man left one person dead and an officer wounded, authorities said. The school was the subject of media reports in February after three students were shot to death over a three-week span.

Today, Police were working to identify a gunman and determine his motive for opening fire at a FedEx facility near the Indianapolis airport, killing eight people and taking his own life in the latest mass shooting to rock the U.S.

Deputy Chief Craig McCartt of the Indianapolis police said the gunman started randomly shooting at people in the parking lot late Thursday night and then went into the building, where he shot himself shortly before police entered the facility.

McCartt said four people were killed outside the building and another four inside. Several people were also wounded, including five taken to the hospital.

The carnage took just a couple of minutes. “It did not last very long,” he said.

The US has had at least 45 mass shootings, according to CNN reporting and an analysis of data from the Gun Violence Archive (GVA), local media, and police reports. The US has seen at least 147 mass shootings in 2021.

It is past time for reasonable gun controls, but Republicans will not allow that to happen. They do nothing, and they say nothing as this murderous rampage continues.

President Joe R. Biden, how refreshing that sounds. What a refreshing day. Our divisive, erratic, foolish, conspiratorial, narcissistic President is gone, replaced by a President who deeply wants to unite us. Barring ill-advised preconceived notions about President Biden, his task should be easy. We are all Americans.

That said, although I voted for Biden for obvious reasons, not unlike 81 million Americans who did the same, I am a conservative Independent. That's official. In CA, we have to declare our political posture. Until I was driven out by Trump, for over a quarter of a century I was a declared Republican. I voted for Biden, but I have some reservations concerning him, mostly having to do with taxation and spending.

I said all that because I want to be honest with readers. I want them to know where I am coming from.

Whether or not Biden will be a good President is obviously an open question, but I think he is a good man. He will do his best to unite us and adopt policies that benefit all Americans, while removing those policies that do us harm. He wants the United States to rejoin the community of nations, and the days of isolation and making unitary decisions that involve other nations, in particular our traditional allies, are over.

The European Union's top politician, Ursula von der Leyen, said it best. "After four long years, Europe has a friend in the White House."

For the first time in four years, there is optimism in America created by a popular President. 59% of Americans approve of Biden.

On day one, Trump's approval rating was 40%, and, although it went lower than that, it never got much higher. Thus the reason for American optimism.
Well said.

President Joe R. Biden, how refreshing that sounds. What a refreshing day. Our divisive, erratic, foolish, conspiratorial, narcissistic President is gone, replaced by a President who deeply wants to unite us. Barring ill-advised preconceived notions about President Biden, his task should be easy. We are all Americans.

That said, although I voted for Biden for obvious reasons, not unlike 81 million Americans who did the same, I am a conservative Independent. That's official. In CA, we have to declare our political posture. Until I was driven out by Trump, for over a quarter of a century I was a declared Republican. I voted for Biden, but I have some reservations concerning him, mostly having to do with taxation and spending.

I said all that because I want to be honest with readers. I want them to know where I am coming from.

Whether or not Biden will be a good President is obviously an open question, but I think he is a good man. He will do his best to unite us and adopt policies that benefit all Americans, while removing those policies that do us harm. He wants the United States to rejoin the community of nations, and the days of isolation and making unitary decisions that involve other nations, in particular our traditional allies, are over.

The European Union's top politician, Ursula von der Leyen, said it best. "After four long years, Europe has a friend in the White House."

For the first time in four years, there is optimism in America created by a popular President. 59% of Americans approve of Biden.

On day one, Trump's approval rating was 40%, and, although it went lower than that, it never got much higher. Thus the reason for American optimism.
Biden will do what he is told and what the hard left side of the party wants. He has no core convictions. Years ago he understood what court packing was. Not anymore.

Biden will do what he is told and what the hard left side of the party wants. He has no core convictions. Years ago he understood what court packing was. Not anymore.
What court packing has President Biden suggested? Name a policy that is hard left. I won't hold my breath.

The Dow hit 34,036 today!

Boy, investors sure like Biden.
Please note that President Biden...
1-Hasn't claimed responsibility for the increase.
2-Shows that he understands that the stock market does not mean the economy, and that millions of Americans are still suffering economic damage.

Thank goodness our President thinks of more than himself.

What court packing has President Biden suggested? Name a policy that is hard left. I won't hold my breath.
The border, immigration. Total Critical Theory, reflected in his cabinet picks. Power grab; statehood, courts, lax election security. Climate worship and taxes. The hardliners in his party (VP included) will squeeze him as hard as they can. Taxation.

Cannot point to one thing that he started were 100% good. He did not burn the US down, but he, four times, was huffing and puffing, then ran away when the other side showed their teeth.
So, maybe C+ to C- now.

The Times reports, "The 19-year-old gunman who killed eight people and injured seven others at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis late Thursday was a former employee of the company whose mother had warned law enforcement officials last year that he might try to commit “suicide by cop,” officials said."

Note: It is always easy to red flag a shooter after the act. There are a lot of stupid, dangerous people out there, and, for law enforcement to take action, there must be probable cause.

The gunman had a previous encounter with law enforcement — including the seizure of a shotgun from him last year.

The Times continued, "After the teenager’s mother reported him to law enforcement in March 2020, the authorities launched an investigation and put him on an “immediate detention mental health temporary hold,” Mr. Keenan said in a statement. He was not charged with a crime. “The shotgun was not returned to the suspect,” Mr. Keenan said.

"A law enforcement official, requesting anonymity, identified the suspect as Brandon Scott Hole."

Two huge questions are: A) What kind of rifle was used, and the size of the magazine? B) How did Hole get his hands on such a weapon?

The border, immigration. Total Critical Theory, reflected in his cabinet picks. Power grab; statehood, courts, lax election security. Climate worship and taxes. The hardliners in his party (VP included) will squeeze him as hard as they can. Taxation.
The 'far left' wants to ga way farther than President Biden has done on the border and immigration, climate change and taxes. Cabinet picks are confirmed by the Senate. Let me know when you see the Senate as a hard left body. Power grab and state courts? There has been zero elections during the Biden administration, your point? Try again?

Two huge questions are: A) What kind of rifle was used, and the size of the magazine? B) How did Hole get his hands on such a weapon?

I have scowered the internet for this information. I have listened to several news programs on the telly. Surely law enforcement knows what kind of weapon was used in the FedEx shooting in Indianapolis, and they probably know how Hole got his hands on the rifle.

Despite my exhaustive search, it is readily apparent that law enforcement is holding back all information regarding the weapon.

Why?

Despite my exhaustive search, it is readily apparent that law enforcement is holding back all information regarding the weapon.

We know the shooter's name, Brandon Scott Hole. We know he had worked at the FedEx facility, and we know his mother thought he was suicidal and a shotgun was confiscated from him.

That is all we know about him, and we know nothing about his family, not even their names.

Why is law enforcement keeping all information about this shooter a secret?

Indiana has long been considered to be a Republican stronghold. It's governor is Republican. Currently, the Republican Party holds super majorities in both chambers of the General Assembly. The two Senators are Republican.

That might explain the complete lack of information on the shooter and his weapon.

Indiana has long been considered to be a Republican stronghold. It's governor is Republican. Currently, the Republican Party holds super majorities in both chambers of the General Assembly. The two Senators are Republican.
Now we know why the Republican-run government didn't want tell us anything about Brandon Scott Hole. We still know nothing Hole or his family, but we know about Hole's gun purchases.

The Indy Star reports, "In March 2020, police took a brand new shotgun from then 18-year-old Brandon Scott Hole when his mother reported his desire to die at the hands of law enforcement.

Just four months later, he legally bought an assault rifle in Indianapolis. He would add another to his collection two months after that.

"And 13 months removed from the call his mother made to police at the precipice of the pandemic, Hole used his two assault weapons to kill eight people and himself at a FedEx facility on Indianapolis’ southwest side."

What about Indiana's red flag law?

The Star explains, "On paper, Indiana's red flag law should have stopped him. Called the Jake Laird Law in honor of a slain Indianapolis police officer, red flag legislation introduced and approved by the Indiana General Assembly in 2005 allows law enforcement to seize guns from people who are deemed a danger to themselves or others.

But the law played no role in derailing Hole's plans. Online court records show no indication Hole appeared before a court to prove his competency, and police say it's unclear of the shotgun seized in March 2020 and never returned was confiscated under proper red flag procedure.

What do we know about Brandon Scott Hole
?

Nothing!

The Star tells us, "Officials from the prosecutor's office told IndyStar Sunday they are looking into the specifics of the matter and hope to provide comment as early as Monday afternoon."

That explains a lot. Little wonder as to why the Republican government tried to hide this.

The US has had at least 45 mass shooting in a month, according to CNN reporting and an analysis of data from the Gun Violence Archive (GVA), local media, and police reports. The US has seen at least 150 mass shootings in 2021.

Amidst all this, countless murders, Republican members of this forum and Republican members of Congress remain completely silent.

Why? They know they are on the wrong side of this issue and total silence is their only recourse.

On the subject of abject stupidity on the part of politicians:

In what equates to throwing gasoline on a raging fire, Minnesota's Lt. Gov. Peggy Flanagan posted a highly irresponsible statement on social media declaring that Minnesota is “a place where it is not safe to be Black.” The white liberal politician is essentially telling close to 400,000 black residents that its dangerous to live in the state due to the color of their skin.

Representative Maxine Waters appeared at a racial justice protest Saturday night in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, a suburb not far from where Chauvin's trial is taking place.

"We've got to stay on the street and we've got to get more active, we've got to get more confrontational,” Waters declared to reporters when asked what would happen if the Chauvin trial ends in acquittal. “We've got to make sure that they know that we mean business."

Chauvin's lawyer asked the judge to declare a mistrial over Waters' comments, arguing that she had prejudiced the jury. Judge Peter Cahill denied the request, but said that Waters' comments were "abhorrent" and that she may have handed the defense a lifeline anyway.

"I'll give you that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result in this whole trial being overturned,"
Cahill said as arguments in the case concluded Monday and the jury began deliberations.

A trial a year in the making, three weeks of intense deliberations and testimony may be tossed in appeal because of the mind numbing remarks by a black congresswoman from Los Angeles.

Politicians are people of influence who can't keep a job anywhere else.

"I'll give you that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result in this whole trial being overturned," Cahill said as arguments in the case concluded Monday and the jury began deliberations.

A trial a year in the making, three weeks of intense deliberations and testimony may be tossed in appeal because of the mind numbing remarks by a black congresswoman from Los Angeles.
Concerning the incredibly stupid remarks made by Waters and the resulting grounds for appeal, it is the turn of the Democrats to say nothing.

In less than two weeks, you can have a report card on Biden's first 100 days. I look forward to your point by point comparison with Trump's first 100 days.

What do we know about Brandon Scott Hole?

Nothing!

The Star tells us, "Officials from the prosecutor's office told IndyStar Sunday they are looking into the specifics of the matter and hope to provide comment as early as Monday afternoon."
Late on a Monday afternoon on the West Coast and still nothing about Hole or his family. Nothing from his computer. Nothing from social media.

The Republicans in Indiana just want this to go away. It's bad enough as it is. A suicidal kid interviewed by law enforcement was able to legally buy two assault weapons.

Days later Brandon Scott Hole remains an enigma.

In less than two weeks, you can have a report card on Biden's first 100 days. I look forward to your point by point comparison with Trump's first 100 days.
It is amazing how every single issue on this thread goes right over your head.

But, then, that is not so surprising. You are just a typical Republican.

Back
Top Bottom