• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A report card on the Biden administration

The Biden economy has been on fire for several months. Essentially we have full employment and robust spending. Full employment combined with robust spending means prosperity.

Robust spending breeds inflation and higher prices. This is a logical conclusion, but beyond the understanding of most Americans.
Still another telling fact that the Biden economy is doing just fine. It is just that Americans don't know it. Hard to believe, but most Americans think Trump did a better job on the economy, forgetting that a recession occurred in 2020, Trump's last year as President, although the recession was not his fault.

However, recovery and record setting employment took place during the Biden administration.

Americans forget that, too.

ABC reports, "The number of Americans applying for jobless benefits last week inched up but stayed at historically low levels as the labor market continues to thrive despite elevated interest rates.

"Weekly unemployment claims are considered a proxy for the number of U.S. layoffs in a given week. They have remained at historically low levels since the pandemic purge of millions of jobs in the spring of 2020.

"The Federal Reserve raised its benchmark borrowing rate 11 times beginning in March of 2022. Many economists thought the rapid rate hikes could potentially tip the country into recession, but that hasn’t happened. Jobs have remained plentiful and the economy has held up better than expected thanks to strong consumer spending.

"In February, U.S. employers added a surprising 275,000 jobs, again showcasing the U.S. economy’s resilience in the face of high interest rates."

In February? Wow!

Those with a different point of view on the Biden economy, speak up. If you have given Biden low marks on the economy, please tell us why. Re-read the quote first.

CNBC reports, "Former Vice President Mike Pence said Friday that he would not endorse his former boss for president in the 2024 election.

"Pence revealed the decision during an interview on Fox News. “I will not be endorsing Donald Trump this year,” the Republican said.

"Pence’s announcement came as Trump secured enough Republican delegates this week to clinch the party’s nomination."

Pence did not mention that Trump was an accused felon, charged with 91 felonies within four indictments. That is rather important, but politicians rarely say in public what is really important. Instead, the public gets political B.S.

Trump “is pursuing and articulating an agenda that is at odds with the conservative agenda that we governed on during our four years,” said Pence.

“As I have watched his candidacy unfold, I’ve seen him walking away from our commitment to confronting the national debt,” Pence said. “I’ve seen him starting to shy away from a commitment to the sanctity of human life.”

"Pence also noted Trump’s “reversal on getting tough on China and supporting our administration’s effort to force a sale of [ByteDance’s] TikTok,” CNBC.

The Post reports, "The judge overseeing the Georgia election interference case against former president Donald Trump and his allies ruled that Fulton County District Attorney Fani T. Willis (D) may continue with the prosecution but only if Nathan Wade, the lead prosecutor she appointed and had a romantic relationship with, exited the case. Wade resigned hours later."

Obviously, Trump is guilty as hell. He convicts himself with his own words.

"All I want to do is this: I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we need," Donald Trump to the Georgia secretary of state.

So, naturally, Republicans go after the prosecutor.

ABC reports, "House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan has threatened Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis with contempt of Congress if Willis does not comply with a congressional subpoena as part of the committee's investigation into her office's use of federal funds.

"The House Judiciary Committee in February issued a subpoena to Willis for documents related to her office's use of federal funds intended to support at-risk youth (???), according to a copy of the subpoena.

"Jordan set a March 28 deadline and warned not meeting it would lead Congress to consider taking further action "such as the invocation of contempt of Congress proceedings."

Republicans are pathetic. They can't even "talk."

Still another telling fact that the Biden economy is doing just fine. It is just that Americans don't know it. Hard to believe, but most Americans think Trump did a better job on the economy, forgetting that a recession occurred in 2020, Trump's last year as President, although the recession was not his fault.

Those with a different point of view on the Biden economy, speak up. If you have given Biden low marks on the economy, please tell us why.
No response. Obviously, many who give Biden low marks on the economy are Democrats.

Tell us why. Suggest reading post 2701 first.

Republicans are pathetic. They can't even "talk."
And they know it. It's why they don't respond. They can't. Here is one of a thousand reasons why.

CNN reports, "The Republican nominee for superintendent overseeing North Carolina’s public schools and its $11 billion budget has a history marked by extreme and controversial comments, including sharing baseless conspiracy theories and frequent calls for the execution of prominent Democrats.

"Michele Morrow, a conservative activist who last week upset the incumbent Superintendent of Public Instruction in North Carolina’s Republican primary, expressed support in 2020 for the televised execution of former President Barack Obama and suggested killing then-President-elect Joe Biden.

"In other comments on social media between 2019 and 2021, Morrow made disturbing suggestions about executing prominent Democrats for treason, including Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar, North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, Hillary Clinton, Sen. Chuck Schumer and other prominent people such as Anthony Fauci and Bill Gates."

How in the hell do you respond to that!

Last edited:
Israel is a tiny nation surrounded by enemies who want to destroy her, and is the victim of an Hamas murder raid. Americans critical of our President overlook this singular fact.

The U.S. cannot tell Israel how to fight this war. Also, Hamas, not Israel, not the President, is preventing a ceasefire and a hostage swap with its unreasonable demands such as a complete IDF withdrawal from Gaza.
CNN reports, "The toughest sticking points may be the Hamas demands that after the initial exchange of hostages and prisoners, Israel agree to a permanent ceasefire and a withdrawal of the Israeli military from Gaza."

Protesters briefly squared off with police on Monday outside Vice President Kamala Harris' San Jose stop.

The primary message from a large crowd was a demand that the Biden administration do more to force a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas in Gaza.

Trump's support comes from the rural counties of America, which explains his large popularity amid the educationally challenged. https://inthesetimes.com/article/20...ulism-peoples-action-win-rural-america-report

"President Trump famously declared during his 2016 campaign that he loved the “poorly educated” because voters with lower levels of schooling delivered an overwhelming share of votes to him," the conservative Washington Times."

Millions of Americans have seen the videos of Jan. 6 several times. Most Americans know what happened, and we heard Trump encouraging the right wing extremists to ransack the capitol.
“We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”
“When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules."
“We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”
"Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. We are going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.”
*******************************************************************************************************************************************Donald J. Trump, Jan. 6, 2021

But Trump's followers do not consult respected news sources, which accounts for their silence on threads like his one. Consequently, Trump's followers will believe this about Jan. 6, and Trump knows it.

CNN reports, "The rallies start with a recording of January 6 prisoners singing the national anthem. When the candidate takes the stage, he calls the rioters “people who love our country” and “hostages unfairly imprisoned for long periods of time.”

"There is nothing subtle about how central Donald Trump has made January 6, 2021, to his campaign. More than just continuing to feed denialism and conspiracies about the 2020 election, he is constantly distorting the reality of what happened that day, preaching vindication to his base of voters.

"In ways big and small – but often overlooked because they have become so commonplace at his events – the former president glosses over the violence. He promises pardons for the people who committed it."

Rural counties elected Trump in 2016. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/upshot/2020-election-map.html

They could do it again!

Rural counties elected Trump in 2016. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/upshot/2020-election-map.html

They could do it again!
The Republican candidate for President really does not want the job with moronic statements like this one.

CNN reports, "Former President Donald Trump suggested Saturday that if he were to lose the 2024 election, “it's going to be a bloodbath for the country."

"The remark came as Trump promised a "100% tariff" on cars made outside the US."

“We're going to put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you're not going to be able to sell those guys if I get elected," Trump said in Vandalia, Ohio. "Now, if I don't get elected ... it's going to be a bloodbath for the country."

Next he will be encouraging Russia to attack deadbeat NATO allies.

The Guardian reports, "Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, confused the crowd at an appearance in Ohio by insisting that Biden had beaten “Barack Hussein Obama” in elections nationally."

Don't read it twice (like I did). You read it right the first time!

“You know what’s interesting? Joe Biden won against Barack Hussein Obama. Has anyone ever heard of him? Every swing state, Biden beat Obama but in every other state, he got killed,” Trump said.

This man wants to be our next President.

“You know what’s interesting? Joe Biden won against Barack Hussein Obama. Has anyone ever heard of him? Every swing state, Biden beat Obama but in every other state, he got killed,” Trump said.

This man wants to be our next President.
GOP lawmakers are targeting their own, sitting members in their primaries.

"In at least four primaries – in South Carolina, Illinois, Texas and Virginia – Republican members are actively campaigning against one of their own, inflaming tensions in a conference where emotions are still raw in the aftermath of Kevin McCarthy’s unprecedented ouster atop the House," CNN.

Does anyone seriously want Republicans to govern? Only anarchists would want that.

If you differ, say so.

"Former President Donald Trump suggested Saturday that if he were to lose the 2024 election, “it's going to be a bloodbath for the country."
"Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, confused the crowd at an appearance in Ohio by insisting that Biden had beaten “Barack Hussein Obama” in elections nationally."
"Former President Donald Trump suggested Saturday that if he were to lose the 2024 election, “it's going to be a bloodbath for the country."
This is the Republican Party's candidate for President. No wonder the forum's Republicans remain silent.

ABC reports, "Former President Donald Trump is facing "insurmountable difficulties" in obtaining a bond to satisfy the $464 million civil fraud judgment, his attorneys said Monday in a new appellate court filing, and the magnitude of which would require him to use real estate as collateral.

"Judge Arthur Engoron in February ordered Trump to pay $464 million in disgorgement and interest after holding him liable for doing a decade's worth of business with fraudulent financial statements that overvalued his real estate holdings and hyped his wealth. Trump was also barred from leading any New York company for three years. His sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump were also fined $4 million apiece and barred for two years.

T"Trump Organization general counsel Alan Garten said Trump is "financially stable" and maintains "substantial assets." The magnitude of the judgment would require him to use his real estate as collateral for the bond. So far, according to Garten's affirmation, no surety bond provider approached by Trump is willing to accept real estate as collateral."6

Why in world would any company put up $464M for this man? Trump's followers are half-educated anarchists from the country's rural counties. Trump is speaking directly to these people, which explains a lot, but his followers avoid him as much as possible ... as this thread shows.

Last edited:
Trump's followers are half-educated anarchists from the country's rural counties. Trump is speaking directly to these people, which explains a lot, but his followers avoid him as much as possible ... as this thread shows.
Not once, in the years I have been with this forum, have I seen a Trump Republican explain his/her support for Trump or defend Trump in threads like this one that is critical of him.

There are several reasons, including embarrassment, and, maybe, this is one of them.

CNN reports, "When former President Donald Trump was in the White House, he proudly referred to himself as a “Tariff Man” – and he has no intention of retiring that self-proclaimed title if reelected.

"Trump has repeatedly floated the idea of imposing a 10% tariff on every good coming into the US, as well as a tariff upward of 60% on all Chinese imports if he regains the presidency. On Saturday, during a campaign rally, he promised a “100% tariff” on cars made outside the US.

"Starting in 2018, Trump put new tariffs of up to 25% on washing machines, solar panels, steel and aluminum, as well as many Chinese-made goods including baseball hats, luggage, bicycles, TVs and sneakers – and President Joe Biden has left most of these tariffs in place.

"Tariffs don’t bring in revenue from foreign countries, as Trump often claims. It’s American importers – not China or any other foreign country or company – that pays the tariffs.

“A tariff is just a form of a tax,” said Erica York, a senior economist and research director at the conservative-leaning Tax Foundation.

"Americans have paid more than $230 billion to date for tariffs that Trump imposed on imported solar panels, steel and aluminum and Chinese-made goods, according to US Customs and Border Protection. More than half of the duties have been collected during the Biden administration."

Not once, in the years I have been with this forum, have I seen a Trump Republican explain his/her support for Trump or defend Trump in threads like this one that is critical of him.
Does anyone seriously want Republicans to govern? Only anarchists would want that.

If you differ, say so.
Looks like we are all in agreement.

With his gutter talk, Trump doesn't want to be President.

"In February, U.S. employers added a surprising 275,000 jobs, again showcasing the U.S. economy’s resilience in the face of high interest rates."
Biden continues to get poor marks on his handling of the economy while the stock market goes up and more up. The Dow is now over 39,000. The market has surged since Biden's first month in office.

The interesting thing is this. I have written several reports on Biden's success with the economy. Those complaining about Biden are not able to explain why.

I expect of Republicans. They are educationally challenged, and they avoid reality.

But Democrats? Must be the younger set because they expect the economy to give them a handout.

70% of Jews voted for Biden in 2020. So, Trump decides to attack the Jews.

CBS reports, "Former President Donald Trump on Monday charged that Jews who vote for Democrats "hate Israel" and "their religion," igniting a firestorm of criticism from the White House and Jewish leaders.

"Trump, in an interview, had been asked about Democrats' growing criticism of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over his handling of the war in Gaza as the civilian death toll continues to mount.

"I actually think they hate Israel," Trump responded to his former aide, Sebastian Gorka. "I think they hate Israel. And the Democrat Party hates Israel."

"Trump, who last week became the Republican Party's presumptive nominee, went on to claim, "Any Jewish person that votes for Democrats hates their religion. They hate everything about Israel and they should be ashamed of themselves because Israel will be destroyed."

Republicans can kiss the Jewish vote away. 30% of nothing is nothing.

Trump doesn't want to be President.

Hey, I see you aren't spamming your blather over 5-6 topics any more.
I'll be here when you do.

Just our bad luck, President Trump appointed three conservative Supreme Court judges. Most historians rate Trump as one of the five worst Presidents in our history.

The Republican dominant conservative Supreme Court has violated the Constitution they are sworn to protect.

Politico reports, "The Supreme Court on Tuesday gave Texas the go-ahead to enforce a new state law authorizing police to arrest and detain people for illegally crossing the border from Mexico."
Governor Abbott opposed the the border security bill that was rejected by congressional Republicans.

So much for border security in Texas. Republicans have provided proof they are not serious about it. Beginning with Trump, they want to blame Biden for all the problems at the border. For all we know, Republicans want to shoot 'em.

Here is more proof.

Abbott's bill will cost over $200M a year. Abbott didn't provide any money. Local sheriffs will bear the cost.

Why, after all this time and over 100 pages of ranting, do we not have a report card?

Hey, I see you aren't spamming your blather over 5-6 topics any more.
I'll be here when you do.
If I were you, I wouldn't brag about needing help from the monitors because you and fellow Republicans were not able to discuss the issues in my reports.

Getting back to my latest because it is very important.

So, of course, Republicans are trying to hide it with meaningless drivel. It's the only thing they can do.

Just our bad luck, President Trump appointed three conservative Supreme Court judges. Most historians rate Trump as one of the five worst Presidents in our history.

The Republican dominant conservative Supreme Court has violated the Constitution they are sworn to protect.

Politico reports, "The Supreme Court on Tuesday gave Texas the go-ahead to enforce a new state law authorizing police to arrest and detain people for illegally crossing the border from Mexico."
Governor Abbott opposed the the border security bill that was rejected by congressional Republicans.

So much for border security in Texas. Republicans have provided proof they are not serious about it. Beginning with Trump, they want to blame Biden for all the problems at the border. For all we know, Republicans want to shoot 'em.

Here is more proof.

Abbott's bill will cost over $200M a year. Abbott didn't provide any money. Local sheriffs will bear the cost.

CNN reports, "President Joe Biden takes his reelection pitch to a pair of Western battleground states this week, heading to Nevada and Arizona to shore up support in key states he’s looking to defend against former President Donald Trump in November.

"While the president bested former President Donald Trump in both Nevada and Arizona in 2020, early polling indicates his path to victory in these Western swing states may be a challenge this year. Nevada is expected to be a tight race, and in Arizona, a Fox News poll of the state reflected a slight edge for Trump over Biden, who has also been hampered by low approval ratings nationwide."

Polls mean nothing at this point. Young Democrats, 18 to 40 somethings, are a part of the low percentages for Biden in one way or another. They wanted a younger candidate, and they are not getting one.

Combined with an effective Biden campaign because they are rich, these young voters in October will accept the realization that the alternative is Trump.

Then they will poll and vote for Biden.

You make 90% of the posts. It's more like narcissism than success.
That is because Republicans are unable to discuss the issues, defend their party, or defend their candidate for President.

I discuss Biden a lot. the latest are posts 2714 and 2722.

You are making a fool of yourself by lying so much.

Well, there is some good news for a change. We could use it.

NBC reports, "Congressional leaders and President Joe Biden announced a deal Tuesday morning to fund the government ahead of a weekend deadline, breaking an impasse regarding money for the Department of Homeland Security, which had held up talks.

"Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., announced the DHS deal in a statement, saying it will allow Congress to finish funding the government for the remainder of the fiscal year, which ends in September. (Johnson spins like a top) He reverse himself a lot, especially when it come to funding the government.)

"Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., echoed news of the agreement, saying both chambers are now “in the process of finalizing text and reports for Congress to closely review and consider ASAP.”

"Congress will need to move quickly. Funding is set to expire Saturday morning for the departments of State, Defense, Homeland Security, Labor and Health and Human Services and a host of other agencies. The other five funding bills were effectively settled by the end of last week."

Back
Top Bottom