• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A noose was found in Bubba Wallace's garage stall, NASCAR says

There are racist necks all over the country right now telling their wives, "the noose in our garage is not racist! It's a handle to pull the garage door down!"

They are so busted.

"Well, good afternoon, my husband's friend Joe. Tell me, did you know about the noose in my garage?"

Last edited:
So can we all at least agree that it is a noose, that it has been there long before Bubba Wallace was assigned to the stall, that its unlikely that it was a hate crime directed at Matt DiBenedetto in 2019, that maybe everyone jumped the gun on this, and that there is literally nothing to cry over here?

Or are we going to stick with OK...but...still...its a hate crime!!!

When I was younger, we would tie our swivels to our line with what looked like a "noose". It was a good knot because tension made it tighter. I never realized how racist we were back then.
Exactly. Whoever made this 'noose' probably never realised the national fuss he, or she, would be making.

So can we all at least agree that it is a noose, that it has been there long before Bubba Wallace was assigned to the stall, that its unlikely that it was a hate crime directed at Matt DiBenedetto in 2019, that maybe everyone jumped the gun on this, and that there is literally nothing to cry over here?

The left will always stick with the latter.

The left will always stick with the latter.

Yes, it was a noose. And, Bubba Wallace did not put it there.

Now tell that to all your right wing friends who were about to hang Bubba from a tree yesterday for bringing this noose to everyone's attention.

We appreciate your help in this matter.

So, you are saying the FBI screwed the pooch on this one. I cannot see how, if this is a noose, it could have been used since last year without someone saying, "Man, this is a stupid type of knot to have as a garage pull. It keeps getting tighter as I pull." Maybe the FBI are just racist necks, too. Who really knows.

So, you are saying the FBI screwed the pooch on this one. I cannot see how, if this is a noose, it could have been used since last year without someone saying, "Man, this is a stupid type of knot to have as a garage pull. It keeps getting tighter as I pull." Maybe the FBI are just racist necks, too. Who really knows.

There was every reason to believe the noose was intended to intimidate Wallace. All available evidence and circumstance made this the obvious conclusion. Nascar's response was proper.

Yes, it was a noose. And, Bubba Wallace did not put it there.

Now tell that to all your right wing friends who were about to hang Bubba from a tree yesterday for bringing this noose to everyone's attention.

We appreciate your help in this matter.
We were right!

There was every reason to believe the noose was intended to intimidate Wallace. All available evidence and circumstance made this the obvious conclusion. Nascar's response was proper.
In fact 'all the available evidence' says no such thing. However if your imagination says there is then maybe you should just go with that.

No, with all of the fake noose stories that have happened recently, there was every reason to believe it was an overreaction. As it turned out...

In fact 'all the available evidence' says no such thing. However if your imagination says there is then maybe you should just go with that.

Wallace had recently supported BLM and opposed the racism flag. He had received considerable blowback from that. When a noose was found in his newly assigned garage, there was every reason to believe it was there for him. Thus, Nascar's response was proper.

No, with all of the fake noose stories that have happened recently, there was every reason to believe it was an overreaction. As it turned out...

There's no over-reaction. The noose is racist. It went unreported since Oct 2019. Both of those things are massive problems. That it was not intended for Wallace does not eliminate those problems. Just because it wasn't a hate crime does not make everything fine. Racism is still bad, even if it's not a hate crime.

Wallace had recently supported BLM and opposed the racism flag. He had received considerable blowback from that. When a noose was found in his newly assigned garage, there was every reason to believe it was there for him. Thus, Nascar's response was proper.
Bubba's beliefs are not evidence. However there is strong evidence he is a jerk. YouTube

How many nooses have been sent to other people by those darn racist necks for supporting BLM and opposing the "racism flag"?

How many nooses have been sent to other people by those darn racist necks for supporting BLM and opposing the "racism flag"?

When a child is suspected missing and the neighborhood organizes and searches and it turns out he was sleeping behind a hot water heater, do we decry the neighbors' solidarity?

There's no over-reaction. The noose is racist. It went unreported since Oct 2019. Both of those things are massive problems. That it was not intended for Wallace does not eliminate those problems. Just because it wasn't a hate crime does not make everything fine. Racism is still bad, even if it's not a hate crime.

Something cannot be racist if the intent is not racist, period. I do not care what kind of mental gymnastics you had to pull off to convince yourself of that, but intelligent people who use logic for their reasoning will never buy that.

Yes, racism is bad. It's also ignorant. You won't get any counter argument anywhere.

When a child is suspected missing and the neighborhood organizes and searches and it turns out he was sleeping behind a hot water heater, do we decry the neighbors' solidarity?

I do not know, did they claim that another person abducted them due to racism, and call the FBI?

I do not know, did they claim that another person abducted them due to racism, and call the FBI?

In the face of what all evidence and circumstance indicated was a hate crime, Nascar embraced the nation and moved a little forward with society. When the starting flag was waved, Nascar wasted no time. I, for one, welcome it into the 21st century.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom