• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Newly Revealed Memo Details the Scope of Robert Mueller's Investigative Mandate

How many people have been convicted of treason in the history of the US?

a few.

about 14 people.
it is hard to convict of treason really.

But wasn't he asked to look into everyone's possible collusion with Russia? Wasn't that the point of the investigation?

Oddly enough his only real targets seem to have an (R) by their name. Isn’t that a little odd considering it was supposed to be “everyone”?

Last edited:
Lay off the lame whataboutism's. They are weak and usual fraught with ignorance, as is this.

In a whataboutism you are admitting you can not defend the allegations, so in this case you are acknowledging Trump's corruption. Those on this thread appreciate your acknowledgement you can not defend Trump here. We get it. It is indefensible.

.... and what makes this whataboutism particularly weak is that what you allege isn't even remotely in the same league as the allegations Trump. I assume you are either referring to the Uranium One deal and/or Clinton's Global Initiative. You do realize the Clinton's derived no personal gain from either. These were substantially "trumped" up allegations just to appeal to the ignorant masses. Neither had any traction because informed people could see through the shallowness of these.

Here, maybe you could learn something about each of these. If you still have issues, feel free to start a thread discussing it, though I doubt anyone is interested as those ships have sailed (and hit rocks in the harbor)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium_One
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_Foundation

Since you could not defend Trump, you should have just stayed silent. That reminds me, do you know who is responsible for this quote:

"..... Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt...."?

It seems to be some difference of opinion.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/17/remain-silent/
I

actually it isn't we want to see the same moral outrage that you have here.
the fact is we have clinton who we know for a fact conspired with Fusion and Russia to get
intel. yet we hear crickets about it from you guys.

simply pointing out what is known as the liberal hypocrisy.
you guys could show at least a bit of consistency.

it isn't asking too much. it really isn't.

Oddly enough his only real targets seem to have an (R) by their name. Isn’t that a little odd considering it was supposed to be “everyone”?

How many democrats were working with the Trump campaign?

So far there is no evidence against trump.
There is evidence or possible evidence against people in his campaign, but nothing against trump himself.

yet we have a ton of evidence that clintons and the DNC paid Fusion which in turned paid russian operatives for dirt.
interesting so where is your howling for an investigation on that one?

i will wait for crickets.

I called for an investigation into Clinton and there was one. Unfortunately it came up empty.

Twist it how you want to protect Dear Leader but it is fairly obvious that if his campaign was colluding with Russia he was in on it. He is involved in his own campaign, heavily. The right are only interested in one sided justice. Your party is ok with fraud, rape, assault, murder, molestation and more as long as they vote in the interests of the white power groups or the rich.

At the very least you have acknowledged evidence of tampering yet you still don't want an investigation. If there is even a hint of credibility that our election was meddled with, regardless of how much you love your cheetoh god, the integrity of our election process should be protected. That should be bigger than political parties. But it isn't for you people. The only thing you care about is protecting your cheetoh God. Nothing else matters. It is pathetic.

And any crimes that stem from that investigation, beginning with the trump campaign.

Yup, which means this memo isn't anything new.

Technically Mueller could investigate anyone for anything under his scope

actually it isn't we want to see the same moral outrage that you have here.
the fact is we have clinton who we know for a fact conspired with Fusion and Russia to get
intel. yet we hear crickets about it from you guys.

simply pointing out what is known as the liberal hypocrisy.
you guys could show at least a bit of consistency.

it isn't asking too much. it really isn't.

No, they hired a US Company (Fusion GPS) that hired an ex-MI-6 agent (Steele) that was one of the world's foremost experts in Russia. He worked his contacts within Russia to help produce a dossier, that actually wasn't even used in the election. There was no campaign conspiracy with Russian officials in any way. Sorry, but this is another "whataboutism" that falls short of the Trump corruption.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump–Russia_dossier
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump–Russia_dossier

Yup, which means this memo isn't anything new.

Technically Mueller could investigate anyone for anything under his scope

It's definitely new. The reason why it's relevant is because Manafort attempted to have his indictments thrown out by arguing that they were beyond the scope of Mueller's authority. In response, Mueller presented this document that specifically grants his authority to investigate Manafort for the precise crimes indicted. Manafort doesn't really have much of a legal recourse anymore, so it'll be interesting to see what he tries next.

It's definitely new. The reason why it's relevant is because Manafort attempted to have his indictments thrown out by arguing that they were beyond the scope of Mueller's authority. In response, Mueller presented this document that specifically grants his authority to investigate Manafort for the precise crimes indicted. Manafort doesn't really have much of a legal recourse anymore, so it'll be interesting to see what he tries next.

None of Manafort's charges are related to collusion; they are for crimes discovered during investigations. He's going to have a hard time finding a judge that will agree with his argument unless the judge's interpretations of the Mueller mandate is extremely narrow.

None of Manafort's charges are related to collusion; they are for crimes discovered during investigations. He's going to have a hard time finding a judge that will agree with his argument unless the judge's interpretations of the Mueller mandate is extremely narrow.

Manafort's charges are related to the second allegation I quoted in OP, though.

Meanwhile: Bill and Hillary Clinton took cold hard cash (millions) from Russia and it was A-okay!

rotflmao!

Whataboutism for the win ladies and gentlemen.

Although the mandate is broad, it's actually quite specific in its scope.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3726408-Rosenstein-letter-appointing-Mueller-special.html

Its specific in its starting point, and extremely non-specific in its conclusion aspects. For instance, if Mueller finds my name in a Trump team communication, and he wants to look into my tax returns or bank records to ensure I didn't get money from a Russian, he can since this falls under ii's specification of a "matter that arose" from the investigation.

There is no limiting factor to the degrees of separation. Probably sure we could get to Kevin Bacon if we tried.

So far there is no evidence against trump.
There is evidence or possible evidence against people in his campaign, but nothing against trump himself.

yet we have a ton of evidence that clintons and the DNC paid Fusion which in turned paid russian operatives for dirt.
interesting so where is your howling for an investigation on that one?

i will wait for crickets.

MORE WHATABOUT HILLARY!!!!!!

Start your own thread about Hillary. Read the OP here. This thread is not about the Clintons.

If I recall correctly, the investigation was about "Russian Collusion" regarding the Election. Not Russian Collusion for only one Party.

Weird isn't it?

Right, and and has any Russian support for Hillary's campaign been shown by anyone. As has been seen for Trump's?

Did any Russian's meet with people high up in Hillary's campaign like they did with Trump's son and Son in Law

Has anyone in the Hillary campaign been under investigation for money laundering for Russian's like they have for Trump's campaign

I can go on if you like. Sometimes, the lack of having an opposing party being accused of something is not an example of bias, but just a sign that one side was corrupt

In the end, unless the Dems get the senate and the house, the Republicans and Trump's supporters wouldn't care. The ends justify the means and his supporters have a "Burn American down" mentality. The Republicans will never act as a whole to impeach Trump even if he was caught red handed in the proverbial cookie jar.

I agree his supporters will not care.

But Congress persons take an oath and will they betray that oath for temporary political expediency? If the answer is YES - then our nation is on a roller coaster to hell and the GOP is greasing the tracks.

A Newly Revealed Memo Details the Scope of Robert Mueller's Investigative Mandate

(WASHINGTON) — Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein explicitly authorized the Justice Department’s special counsel to investigate allegations that President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman colluded with the Russian government, according to a court filing late Monday night.

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s team of prosecutors included that detail in a memo defending the scope of their investigation, which so far has resulted in criminal charges against 19 people and three Russian companies.

Likely the first time we have officially seen evidence of investigation of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. Looking at the court filing we see the following blatantly stated (p. 281):

Allegations that Paul Manafort:​

Committed a crime or crimes by colluding with Russian government officials with respect to the Russian government's efforts to interfere with the 2016 election for President of the United States, in violation of United States law,​

Committed a crime or crimes arising out of payments he received from the Ukrainian government before and during the tenure of President Viktor Yanukovich:​

[Redacted]​

This was approved by Rosenstein and put forward by Mueller, indicating that there is an official investigation into collusion between Manafort and the Russian government for collusion in the election.

The GOP, Republicans, the whole lot of these rabid abominations love commie Russians ........ and they would not lift a finger to remove their dear commie Russian leader in The White House

Its specific in its starting point, and extremely non-specific in its conclusion aspects. For instance, if Mueller finds my name in a Trump team communication, and he wants to look into my tax returns or bank records to ensure I didn't get money from a Russian, he can since this falls under ii's specification of a "matter that arose" from the investigation.

I'm not a hundred percent familiar with what Mueller would do if he found your name in a trump team communication, but the gist of this is correct: he might check you out to see what you knew.

There is no limiting factor to the degrees of separation. Probably sure we could get to Kevin Bacon if we tried.

If the investigation led him to Kevin Bacon, then sure.

(WASHINGTON) — Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein explicitly authorized the Justice Department’s special counsel to investigate allegations that President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman colluded with the Russian government, according to a court filing late Monday night.

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s team of prosecutors included that detail in a memo defending the scope of their investigation, which so far has resulted in criminal charges against 19 people and three Russian companies.

Likely the first time we have officially seen evidence of investigation of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. Looking at the court filing we see the following blatantly stated (p. 281):

Allegations that Paul Manafort:​

Committed a crime or crimes by colluding with Russian government officials with respect to the Russian government's efforts to interfere with the 2016 election for President of the United States, in violation of United States law,​

Committed a crime or crimes arising out of payments he received from the Ukrainian government before and during the tenure of President Viktor Yanukovich:​

[Redacted]​

This was approved by Rosenstein and put forward by Mueller, indicating that there is an official investigation into collusion between Manafort and the Russian government for collusion in the election.

Didn't we all know this like...a year ago?
Why is this news now? Have you guys completely run out of mud to sling...so ur all gonna sling used mud now?
Get a life...:roll:

Meanwhile: Bill and Hillary Clinton took cold hard cash (millions) from Russia and it was A-okay!

rotflmao!

whataboutism much? tuff staying on topic? you should volunteer for a thread ban ..............

He could only look at your tax returns if something arose from the investigation that made it look like it was part of the Russian efforts to interfere in the election or you were potentially involved in a federal crime, that was reveled during the investigation. A warrant to look at bank records would have to be sought, and that would require probable cause. Your name just being mentioned in a communication would not support that. Your name being mentioned along with an indication of money being transferred would

Right, and and has any Russian support for Hillary's campaign been shown by anyone. As has been seen for Trump's?

Well, yes... The information that wound up in the dossier.

Back
Top Bottom