• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A New Fetish - The Constitution

Haymarket, I explained it to. You seem to be the only one who doesn't get it.

Perhaps you gave me your opinion and I did not think it was valid. Or more likely, I have started a new job this week working for the State Legislature and it has occupied most of my time outside of a bit of lunch and computer time in a free moment. So if you would be kind enough to repeat it.

is this what you mean

Haymarket, I'm talking about the language being used now that people are "Constitution Lovers" and have a "Constitution fetish" as if being a proponent of the Constitution is somehow wrong or even...well...kinky. That indicates to me, contempt for the actual document.

I think you are taking a comment made with a bit of humor attached to it a bit too seriously. I do not take either as a sign of contempt to the actual document but more in making fun of somebody who is using the Constitution as I indicated for pure partisan and ideological purposes.

Last edited:
bingo. if the Constitution can be used as a "partisan weapon" against you, then you deserve it.

i belive Kraughthammer said it wasn't an election so much as a restraining order. :D

That first statement does not even make sense. Why would you advocate and support anyone attempting to use their own twist on the Constitution for partisan purposes?

Oh wait - you mean if their partisan purposes and your partisan purposes agree. I see now. Never mind.

Back
Top Bottom