• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A little test.

Bassman

Next we have #12. The Larch
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
OK. Something to chew on. If the Republican President was not Trump, let's just say for shits and giggles it was Huntsman (gag) would the brain dead Left be going apeshit with their vitriol like they're doing with Trump? Case history would say yes.

What “case history?”

To answer your question, Huntsman would need a track record.....

IMO, any of the 16 other GOP candidates wouldn’t have screwed the pooch!

OK. Something to chew on. If the Republican President was not Trump, let's just say for shits and giggles it was Huntsman (gag) would the brain dead Left be going apeshit with their vitriol like they're doing with Trump? Case history would say yes.
I don't think so.

Huntsman isn't the threat to the globalists, their lobbyists and their bought and paid for politicians like Trump is.

Well if you have your answer.....why ask?

I don't know anything about Huntsman, so I cannot say how I would react. What I can offer was when GWB was president, there were times I agreed with his decisions and there were times where I did not (usually the latter), but I never really went apeshit as you say, except for a few major issues such as the patriot act, the establishment of the department of homeland security, the unnecessary war in IRAQ, and Gitmo/torture.

I agreed with him on stuff like bringing the nation together after 9/11, some of his policies (I don't remember exactly what, I think he had a pretty smart one about using aborted cells for research that I was fine with, if I remember).

I disagreed with him on other thing, but it wasn't a big deal, such as no child left behind (which was somewhat right and somewhat wrong)

Name one Republican president that has been as loathed as Trump.

Nope, this was never about him being a Republican and you know it, because for years he claimed he was a Democrat. This is about Trump being Trump, and the KINDS of people he attracts.

No, I do not enjoy having most Republicans as President but oh well, I am almost sixty-four so it has happened a few times, big hairy deal.

You have no case history. Plenty of people who were not Republicans managed to accept Nixon, Reagan, both Bushes, until they began to f**** up on a grand scale. And not all of them did either, Bush 41 was about as good a President as I'd expect any Republican to be.
I grew up beginning in the end of Ike and that clearly wasn't the disaster Trump is either.
Nixon screwed himself, but there are many good things he deserves credit for.
Even Reagan managed to do some things liberals should respect him for.
For one thing, Reagan is partly responsible for Lifeline comm service, which MILLIONS of seniors and disabled people rely on literally, and which millions more poor people count on so they can have a phone for job searches, and it has now been expanded, with GOP approval, to include data.
I bet some liberals on here are using Lifeline type data plans right now.
Hat tip to the Gipper, y'all ;)

Sorry but you don't have anything to chew on because the problem is Trump being Trump.

Huntsman was a moderate and a smart guy. He spoke chinese.

Which is why the gop hated him

There are some issues re Huntsman that I loathe but for the most part he's a fair guy, same with Kasich, and I'd even go as far as to say "same with McCain".

I don't know anything about Huntsman, so I cannot say how I would react. What I can offer was when GWB was president, there were times I agreed with his decisions and there were times where I did not (usually the latter), but I never really went apeshit as you say, except for a few major issues such as the patriot act, the establishment of the department of homeland security, the unnecessary war in IRAQ, and Gitmo/torture.

I agreed with him on stuff like bringing the nation together after 9/11, some of his policies (I don't remember exactly what, I think he had a pretty smart one about using aborted cells for research that I was fine with, if I remember).

I disagreed with him on other thing, but it wasn't a big deal, such as no child left behind (which was somewhat right and somewhat wrong)

Iraq War was his undoing in my book re foreign policy but NCLB is perhaps an even bigger failure because all it did was make schools "teach to the test" which meant kids didn't learn a damn thing.
An entire flock of kids left to ignorance in order to pump up "school numbers" and nothing else.
We had to teach our kids English and History ourselves.
Now they are both history buffs and my son struggled to read at First Grade level all the way till his fourteenth year until a home remedy fixed his PROFOUND dyslexia issues.
He now reads voraciously all day long, above his high school level.

Huntsman would also not have been an existential threat to the future of the USA.
Only if the future you are referring to is the same as the past. You know...jobs going bye bye, wages going down, being a service economy, etc.

Name one Republican president that has been as loathed as Trump.
Or even better name one Republican President who is loathed by so many Republicans involved in politics. Trump is a one term mistake for BOTH parties.

What “case history?”

To answer your question, Huntsman would need a track record.....

IMO, any of the 16 other GOP candidates wouldn’t have screwed the pooch!

We have that with Bush.

We have that with Bush.
As much as I do like Jeb Bush at least he is not a corrupt racist liar that hates America like Trump. When will it dawn on you that Trump is a one term mistake and that is being generous?

As much as I do like Jeb Bush at least he is not a corrupt racist liar that hates America like Trump. When will it dawn on you that Trump is a one term mistake and that is being generous?

When will it dawn on you that the elite have sold out our country and you're letting the fact that Trump being personally a dislikable person doesn't change the fact that he's about the only one addressing it, especially with China and other economic predations?

When will it dawn on you that the elite have sold out our country and you're letting the fact that Trump being personally a dislikable person doesn't change the fact that he's about the only one addressing it, especially with China and other economic predations?
Really? You are quoting conspiracy theories too? There is no sanity left among the right anymore. Trump hates America and is doing everything he can to destroy it. You must be the same.

Really? You are quoting conspiracy theories too? There is no sanity left among the right anymore. Trump hates America and is doing everything he can to destroy it. You must be the same.

Ummm...what CT did I quote?

HAHAHA. Trump hates America? Just who the hell is sold out to the ChiComs? Yep. Clueless Joe, Skank Harris, and the rest of the establishment morons.

Back
Top Bottom