• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A day without Latinos

Davo said:
I dont know many Americans who dont benefit from mexicans taking these "precious" jobs....how many americans do you know sell oranges and cut grass for a living? I dont see any of my american friends craving to be house keepers at the holiday inns...so....I dont understand the problem with mexicans doing jobs that most americans dont want to do anyways.

Hunger is a great motivator.
Stop feeding the deadwood. They'll start cutting the grass when
they get hungry enough.

KidRocks said:
Illegal immigrants from Mexico are still Mexicans, still Mexican citizens and they are no different then legal Mexicans except they are here illegally.

What?

I don't even know what the hell I just meant to say but I think there is logic hidden in there somewhere.

In other words, being illegal does not mean they are a plague on our society, they work just as hard and are equal to their counterparts (legals) but for some reason they just haven't gone through the process yet.

Illegal aliens are scurge to every low wage worker and tax payer.It amuses me that they come here allegedly to be Americans but they fly another nation's flag,speak another nation's language and refuse to assimilate into our culture.Thye should be booted out immidiatly.

jamesrage said:
Illegal aliens are scurge to every low wage worker and tax payer.It amuses me that they come here allegedly to be Americans but they fly another nation's flag,speak another nation's language and refuse to assimilate into our culture.Thye should be booted out immidiatly.

:agree Its ammusing because we have some illegals living next to us in the apartment complex right next door and they all of a sudden started flying the american flag instead of their usual mexican flag. Interesting that they only start flying OUR flag when this topic comes up for a vote. Hmm.... they aren't fooling me.

bandaidwoman said:
Yes exactly! Do we want a immigrant worker spreading TB because she is too afraid to seek medical care for her high fevers and bloody cough! (I finally found a computer that works). Also, my gist is not to put a wedge between the trust and relationship a patient has with a doctor. If doctors become whistle blowers, then what? (And once again, reporting child abuse and gunshot wounds are in the best interest of the patient's health so doctors look at those circumstances differently). Arresting a woman trying to treat her son's strep throat is another thing.

You need to look at the logic upstream. The alien isn't here to spread his TB if the government penalizes businesses breaking the law by providing a labor market for them.

That is a good point. When I worked at Martin Luther King Hospital in Los Angeles 50% of the births I attended as a student were by mothers who wanted their child to be born American citizens! I wish there was a lawyer on the forum who knew such things?

!!!! That stuff is known by EVERYONE in southern california. Prego illegal alien mothers slip across the border, show up at the emergency room to deliver the baby, which is then a U.S. citizen, and then as the guardian of a minor U.S. citizen, she gets to stay, gets medicaid, food stamps, free legal aid, free schooling, housing assistance, etcetcetcetcetc. This is one of the unintended consequences of section 1 of the fourteenth amendment, which was intended to specify that the slaves freed at the end of the civil war were citizens, not to support the scams of illegal aliens.

alphamale said:
You need to look at the logic upstream. The alien isn't here to spread his TB if the government penalizes businesses breaking the law by providing a labor market for them.

!!!! That stuff is known by EVERYONE in southern california. Prego illegal alien mothers slip across the border, show up at the emergency room to deliver the baby, which is then a U.S. citizen, and then as the guardian of a minor U.S. citizen, she gets to stay, gets medicaid, food stamps, free legal aid, free schooling, housing assistance, etcetcetcetcetc. This is one of the unintended consequences of section 1 of the fourteenth amendment, which was intended to specify that the slaves freed at the end of the civil war were citizens, not to support the scams of illegal aliens.

Why the h*ll can't we do anything about this stupid law that allows illegal mothers to have their kids here and then stay? It makes N-O sense to me. WE DON'T FRIGGIN WANT THEM HERE!!!! CUT THE CORD AND BOOT THEM OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!!!!!! It makes me so mad.

jamesrage said:

They do no such thing, in fact most illegal aliens and legal aliens would not set foot in this country if they could support themselves and their families comfortably in their own country.

Let me make this perfectly clear... Americans that think that imigrants who come to work here because they love this country and what it stands for are sadly mistaken, no way Jose, in fact most of the other nationalities also would prefer to stay home and work and live in their own home sweet home country. Get over yourselves, this country is not special at all for most of the world's peoples. probably America is nice place to visit but I'm sure they wouldn't want to live here! No more then Joe six-pack would want to live in Mexico, China, England or Australia!

Get a clue gringos!

KidRocks said:
They do no such thing, in fact most illegal aliens and legal aliens would not set foot in this country if they could support themselves and their families comfortably in their own country.

Let me make this perfectly clear... Americans that think that imigrants who come to work here because they love this country and what it stands for are sadly mistaken, no way Jose, in fact most of the other nationalities also would prefer to stay home and work and live in their own home sweet home country. Get over yourselves, this country is not special at all for most of the world's peoples. probably America is nice place to visit but I'm sure they wouldn't want to live here! No more then Joe six-pack would want to live in Mexico, China, England or Australia!

Get a clue gringos!

These people have no place here if they do not wish to assimilate.

Urethra Franklin said:
Aren't you glad that your bland, dreary, baseball and apple pie McCulture is getting livened up with salsa music, spicy food and a bit of latin passion?

What's the problem? Let 'em in!!!

Mmm, nachos...

KidRocks said:

Get a clue gringos!

Hmm... and your basis for making this argument is what exactly?

KidRocks said:

Get a clue gringos!

Does it matter the reasons they want to come here? Absolutely not, except if it's to be terrorists. Now, having said that... if they are such decent peoples, why come into another country anyway but legally? If they prefer to stay in their homeland, stay there. But the fact is, they don't. Illegal's are playing cat and mouse with our border security, KNOWINGLY sneaking into the country without a stitch of paperwork, and we should let them pass go and collect 200 dollars because they were successful at breaking the laws? Screw that. Criminals are criminals, regardless of what crime they commit.

alphamale said:

I am looking at if from public health epidemiology point of view. One Mexican or Nigerian or Czech with active TB just has to walk through the same mall your family walks through and that TB bacterium has now silently infected (remember it has a long dormant state) many people in that mall. The TB bacterium like the Influenza virus is one of the most virulent airborne infectious agents out there. This is to protect the American citizens, it is not a political agenda by physicians .

As for the automatic citizenship (and all its great benefits to be reaped from theis great country) of those who are born here, you guys need to write your state representative about this if this is such a beef for you.

KidRocks said:
Who are the illegal immigrants?

Illegal immigrants are more likely than American citizens to hold jobs but less likely to have high school diplomas. They tend to be younger, and many have children who were born in the U.S., making the kids citizens.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/29/who.are.immigrants.ap/index.html

Um.... not true. Illegal immigrants do not hold any jobs that they pay taxes on. And if they do, they have STOLEN a social security number to use and thus makes them not only guilty of breaking our immigration laws but they are now identity theives which is an even worse crime. Less likely to hold high school deplomas because they are too lazy to go get one, they are once again more interested in the easy way out. Many have children who were born in the US which makes them an even worse kind of scum in my eyes because that is like slapping us in the face to try to worm your way into citizenship by using your children. Shame on them.

Back
Top Bottom