• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A couple of Trump Supporters start to see the man they've been defending

But think how smug and self righteous they will be, basking in their moral certitude and superiority. Secretly, of course , it's what they want. The last thing they want to do is govern. Much more fun to sit on the sidelines and whine.

More and more it is leaking out that that is Trump's position as well.

This election has also caused me to take a step back from the GOP and I do give Trump a lot of credit for that. In fact, I think his campaign has been good for showing that politics no longer has to be about uber PC hand wringing. At the same time, I half think he's essentially a Poe trying to make GOP voters look stupid and doing a bang up job.

Given his attempts to take and defend positions he obviously doesn't believe, I think that is probably correct. Mitt Romney's bodyguard claims that, back in 2012, Trump urged him to use the birther issue "because the right wing crazies will eat it up". It seems he took his own advice.

If that is why he loses, of course not. But if he loses because the party glitterati desperate to hold onto their power, NOT the base, throw money and advertising against him, their party's own candidate, as has not happened before, hell yes I would blame them.

Actually he will lose because about 2/3 of the country think he's an a-hole.

It's the 1/3 of the country who don't that we have to worry about.

Being an a-hole, I can deal with. Incompetence I can't deal with. You don't win a fishing contest by throwing dynamite in the lake.

It's the 1/3 of the country who don't that we have to worry about.

1/6 is more like it. T-Rump supporters are 1/3 of GOP primary voters.

Last edited:
[emoji38] 54% of likely voters now say they are #NeverTrump. Large primary turnout (which, historically, means nothing for the General), and Trump can barely break 40% - half those people are coming out to vote against him. About a third of GOP primary voters say they won't support him, and a majority of the population says they strongly disapprove of and are embarrassed by him.

Hopefully Cruz wins at the convention. But, if not, Trump is looking like he's gonna get crushed. By We The People. Who Have Had About Enough of his ****.

:) And his sycophants in the commentariat are starting -dimly- to realize it. :).

:lamo That same third says they won't vote for Trump or Cruz.

https://ourfuture.org/20160406/one-third-of-wisconsin-gop-voters-wont-vote-trump-or-cruz

:lamo how many elections do you think Zyphlin and I have run for? :)

Heck, the politicians aren't even part of the #NeverTrump movement. Only one I can think of is Ben Sasse, and he's on his first tour. #NeverTrump is Movement Conservatives saying that our values are more important than our party.

But if every elected Republican and staffer refused to vote for Trump, it wouldn't make a dent. If he gets clobbered, it's because the People rejected him.

Which, it seems, is precisely what they are in the process of doing. :)

:lamo

Yeah, money and power don't count for anything in politics and campaigning, right. Hilarious. The neverTrump idiots are funded by both and you know it.

We'll just see if that 2/3rds is the same 2/3rds who can vote (and do). We'll see if being thought an asshole disqualifies one from the office.

Btw, every one of the presidents I can think of were, you guessed it - assholes.

The GOP establishment refused to enforce our borders.

The GOP establishment refused to talk about fighting ISIS in a serious manner.

The GOP establishment refused to say or do anything about our bad trade deals.

Now the GOP establishment is surprised that someone who addressed the things is getting support from the members. The can go into the corner and cry their bitter tears.

Enjoy losing Another election.

We'll just see if that 2/3rds is the same 2/3rds who can vote (and do). We'll see if being thought an asshole disqualifies one from the office.

Btw, every one of the presidents I can think of were, you guessed it - assholes.

Yes, we will see, and I am sure you will blame everyone else for not see the greatness of The Donald.

Yes, we will see, and I am sure you will blame everyone else for not see the greatness of The Donald.

No, that's your game. I agree, he's a bit of a pompous ass. He's also the right pompous ass for the job right now.

No, that's your game. I agree, he's a bit of a pompous ass. He's also the right pompous ass for the job right now.

Nope, he is just a Pompous Ass and nothing more.

Possibly. But when you combine being an asshole with being arrogant and plainly ignorant about the main issues facing the nation, you indeed have a deadly combination.

"Better to have loved and lost"

I love that attitude from the Far Right. It means we don't ever have to worry about them - you know - actually being in charge of anywhere except the deep south and the plains.

:lamo

Yeah, money and power don't count for anything in politics and campaigning, right. Hilarious. The neverTrump idiots are funded by both and you know it.

:shrug: name the big name politicians, then, who are pushing the #NeverTrump.

I can think offhand of one current Senator (Ben Sasse), who is brand new, and one former Senator (Tom Coburn), who is retired.

"The Establishment" isn't leading or funding the #NeverTrump movement, they are, if anything, craven in their apparent willingness to roll over and play dead. McConnel? He out there hollering #NeverTrump? Nope. The Lobbyists? Nope. The "Big Money" people? Gave a massive hunk to Jeb and sat out the rest of the Primary.

#NeverTrump isn't politicians, it's 54% of likely voters. ;) Trump has managed to appeal to a narrow slice of the electorate by successfully alienating the rest of it.

I love that attitude from the Far Right. It means we don't ever have to worry about them - you know - actually being in charge of anywhere except the deep south and the plains.

Clownboy isn't far right - he's a former Obama voter.

Clownboy isn't far right - he's a former Obama voter.

Yup, the first time when the republicans ran that old crook McCain. Held my bile and voted for the loser Romney last time.

Sure he is.
:shrug: he is. Trump's strength isn't in movement Conservatism. They tend to be nationalist, but political moderates. If anything, Trumpkins tend to look down on traditional conservatives.

I think you have got it wrong, my friend. Being against Trump =/= being pro establishment. The truth is, Trump actually has the winning message. The further truth is that Trump is the worst possible messenger. The guy is an unprincipled, undisciplined, dishonest, immature, loud mouthed bully. The man is a walking disaster who is self-destructing right before our eyes. That is why I and many others oppose him. I used to think he would be better than Hillary, but now I am not so sure. The guy is not fit to be president plain and simple.

Amen to that!!

The man is nothing but a self-promoter. He knows he will be just fine regardless of how disastrous his latest ego-trip becomes. He doesn't give one whit that the DEMs will be in total control of the government for the forseeable future.

What his cult-like following don't take into account is that his 'self-funding' campaign insulates him from, not just outside influences, but also the consequences of his follies. He can storm into the chess tournament and knock over all the tables, prance around yelling insults, grab the trophies off the presentation stage, and walk out declaring VICTORY - then go back to he gilded penthouse and laugh as the chess players try to put their tournament back together. And seemingly. the Trumps supporters think this is all good fun ="because, well, uh, Trump ain't no chess player to begin with - see how he clobbered them?? HURRAH!"

Trump is single-handedly snatching a great GOP victory and handing it over the Hillary Rodham Clinton!!

Congratulations Trump cultists - you are directly responsible for the irrevocable path the nation is about to endure. Even four years of HRC in the WH, DEM control of Congress, and two more radical leftists on the SCOTUS will leave us completely gutted.

All so Trump can take another ego-trip for a year.

Enjoy the s--t shanwich along with the rest of us.

Rokkitsci said:
Congratulations Trump cultists - you are directly responsible for the irrevocable path the nation is about to endure. Even four years of HRC in the WH, DEM control of Congress, and two more radical leftists on the SCOTUS will leave us completely gutted.

Bill O'Reilly realizes **** has gotten way out of hand

...O'Reilly said that most polling backs up Trump opponents' claims that the frontrunner's support is "thin nationwide."

"So, if he does get the nomination, the Republican Party could very well be slaughtered next November. Not only on the presidential ticket, but also in the House and the Senate".....

Back
Top Bottom