• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

90 Minutes of "Insurrection"

What cities were burned as opposed to having fires in them.

I dont recall anything that could accurately be called "cities burning". I hear it an awful lot though.

You are kidding, right? Do you ever watch or read the news?

T
You are kidding, right? Do you ever watch or read the news?
here were fires in many cities. There are fires in cities all the time.

But "cities burning" generally refers to cities that are actually burning, not just when there's a fire.

The perception y'all have is that every BLM protest was accompanied by mass violence and destruction.

And if that were true there would indeed be cities in ruin and people wandering the wreckage in rags.

In reality the vast majority of Americans in affected cities saw first world problems here and there. Closest Starbucks got wrecked. That kind of thing.

T
here were fires in many cities. There are fires in cities all the time.

But "cities burning" generally refers to cities that are actually burning, not just when there's a fire.

The perception y'all have is that every BLM protest was accompanied by mass violence and destruction.

And if that were true there would indeed be cities in ruin and people wandering the wreckage in rags.

In reality the vast majority of Americans in affected cities saw first world problems here and there. Closest Starbucks got wrecked. That kind of thing.

Sorry . I cannot take you seriously. Have a nice evening.

Sorry . I cannot take you seriously. Have a nice evening.
That's getting to be a more and more common response from republicans who should easily be able to counter an argument with facts if their dismissal was justified.

Just pictures of two "cities burning" would suffice. More than a sports event riot. More than a car burning or a dumpster fire.

Now get this: here in la mesa where I live three historical buildings were burned the night of a BLM march. Two banks and a former bank.

Problem with the conservative mantra, it was done by an anti-capitalist, who claimed responibility. Not BLM.

So we don't know how many outside actors may have done that burning you're so upset about. Like those guys who raided the Capitol. You don't want all of the people who stayed outside labeled the same as those who defiled that monument to our nation, do you?

Zip cuffs, firearms, explosives, intelligence gathering ahead of the fact, capitol defenses actively sabotaged, radios used to coordinate groups moving through the complex. Sure. Frat party out of hand.

You're a terrorist sympathizer, OP, that's why you don't have a problem with all this.

Show a picture of anyone of the "insurgents" in the Capital with firearms and explosives. Go ahead.

Why did the Capital police just let them in? Why did they step out of the way to let that one group try to break in? None were trying until the Capital police, who were not be assaulted, literally just stepped out of the way. Why? Where were the rest of the 2,000+ Capital police? Why did those there just let the protesters in?

Back
Top Bottom