• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

9 potential mass shootings stopped by armed citizens...

"Large quantity" is subjective. My consideration would probably be a little (or a lot) liberal, so I would just say that there are more qualified people who can determine that if hell freezes over and my aforementioned ideas become law.

When the ATF is notified, what do they do? Because in the case of James Holmes, they did nothing. A person who is considered dangerous by the mental health professional he visits is stockpiling weapons, accessories, and ammo. What did they do? I don't see the point of going after guns. I'm not an advocate of that kind of thinking. I just feel we should have a system - a "safety net" if you will - that targets potential crazies and requires professional help for people who need it if they want to own guns. There are reasons that we shouldn't go after guns. There is no reason we shouldn't go after sociopaths and untreated schizophrenics who are dangerous and have guns.

so it appears your quarrel is with federal agencies.

and the vast vast majority of people who buy lots of ammo are competitive shooters. not marginalized nutcases who tend not to have the resources to do that

I can understand your feelings.
I am reticent to post too many particulars that they catch the wrong eye.
It is our day and age, as we see around the World.
But, as Mom always reminded me, Man has fought since the beginning of time.
If we have to start arming teachers in ordewr to protect our kids while at school, then we have a very disturbing problem on our hands. It just seems a bit odd that no one is willing to even take a look at guns being at least a great contributor to this problem if this is our solution. Personally, I think if things have gotten this bad, why would you even want to live in this country anymore.

Back
Top Bottom