• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

6 Yr. Old Girl Raped, Murdered, Hung

Implement & enforce the death penalty on cases like this.

There is no room in our society for people who commit crimes like this, period.
People can spin it all they want, but dirtbag(s) like this don't deserve a place amongst us.

Send a strong message with real punishment.

....ok.....what? :doh - Do you reply in non sequiturs when faced with brutal truth? :|.

Do you lie on the floor when you eat?

Implement & enforce the death penalty on cases like this.

There is no room in our society for people who commit crimes like this, period.
People can spin it all they want, but dirtbag(s) like this don't deserve a place amongst us.

Send a strong message with real punishment.

Death is no punishment at all for such people. Criminals like these do not value life, not even their own, they have parted with life some time ago. Life in prison is true punishment.

Not really. I make it a point that my daughter is always watched by an adult I would trust with my own life. I don't feel bad for people who leave their kids in cars on a hot day or people who let their kids play unsupervised and then end up with a dead kid in the basement or garage. What I find funniest is that everybody sympathizes with the "good" parents who didn't know where their kid was until they found them tied up with a gash across their necks. You are responsible for your kids until they can fend for themselves. If something happens to them. It's your fault. They are YOUR responsibility.

I understand not feeling bad for someone who leaves there kid in a hot car. How about the kids with irresponsible parents. Do you feel bad for them? Or have you become so jaded that you just don't care.

Im sorry, but its a sad day when people stop caring.

I understand not feeling bad for someone who leaves there kid in a hot car. How about the kids with irresponsible parents. Do you feel bad for them? Or have you become so jaded that you just don't care.

Im sorry, but its a sad day when people stop caring.

Care? Not really. Didn't know her. I just don't think it was her fault that she was killed. Will I go on some crusade to get justice for her? Don't hold your breath. Thats for the media and justice system to do. Like I said. It's hard to care for somebody while ignoring the thousands of little black, white, asian, latino girls who've gone missing in the past year and the media hasn't even mentioned their names. She's the new media darling. Think a Petite Ana Nicole Smith. Hopefully her killer will get the worst possible sentence his state has to offer. However I won't lose any sleep over her when I have my own daughter 1,000 miles away.

Care? Not really. Didn't know her. I just don't think it was her fault that she was killed. Will I go on some crusade to get justice for her? Don't hold your breath. Thats for the media and justice system to do. Like I said. It's hard to care for somebody while ignoring the thousands of little black, white, asian, latino girls who've gone missing in the past year and the media hasn't even mentioned their names.

I just read an article called "survival of the fairest", which addresses this very issue, and had some shocking statistics about the number of black and latino children who are victimized, abused, neglected, raped, murdered, or flat out vanish each year, unbesknownst to the wider world, while all of us ooh and ahh and wring our hands over the plights of the Natalie Holloways and Elizabeth Smarts and Madeleine McCanns of this world.

The explanation is simple and succinct, and we all know what it is.
It is that our country in particular, and the entire industrialized world in general, not only has a white majority but is also run by a white power structure.
White people care more- on a primal level- about children who look like their own.
The media caters to the majority.

Deep down, the plight of a missing little black girl fails to effect most whites on a deep, personal, primal level.
Ergo, I will be honest- the fate of any child I don't personally know fails to effect me emotionally, although intellectually I wish all children would be safe- that all children, of all races, would be equally safe.
It does not, however, take an Einstein to recognize what color of children- and which socioeconomic class of children- are statistically more at risk; which are more vulnerable to victimization, and therefore which ought to be afforded more protection. And it ain't wealthy blue-eyed blondes.

I just read an article called "survival of the fairest", which addresses this very issue, and had some shocking statistics about the number of black and latino children who are victimized, abused, neglected, raped, murdered, or flat out vanish each year, unbesknownst to the wider world, while all of us ooh and ahh and wring our hands over the plights of the Natalie Holloways and Elizabeth Smarts and Madeleine McCanns of this world.

The explanation is simple and succinct, and we all know what it is.
It is that our country in particular, and the entire industrialized world in general, not only has a white majority but is also run by a white power structure.
White people care more- on a primal level- about children who look like their own.
The media caters to the majority.

Deep down, the plight of a missing little black girl fails to effect most whites on a deep, personal, primal level.
Ergo, I will be honest- the fate of any child I don't personally know fails to effect me emotionally, although intellectually I wish all children would be safe- that all children, of all races, would be equally safe.
It does not, however, take an Einstein to recognize what color of children- and which socioeconomic class of children- are statistically more at risk; which are more vulnerable to victimization, and therefore which ought to be afforded more protection. And it ain't wealthy blue-eyed blondes.

I don't think it has much to do with race as much as it has to do with me personally not giving a **** about any kid that isn't related to me. Right now my wife are going through some things and I've cried every single night because I'm not hearing my daughter cry for me to come feed her. Right now I know my wife and her family are taking care of her and I'm ridiculously worried. However thats because she's MY kid. If it was some other guys kid. Would I care? Unlikely. If my daughter or any other child in my family went missing. Would I care? Of course I would. Blood ties mean more to me then sensationalism and hype. I can't however fail to see the hypocrisy and self defeating stance that Americans have taken on the handful of missing girls that are on the media every year. While caring so much about these Jean Bennet Ramnseys they completely ignore EVERY other little girl who's gone missing in the same time span.

However thats because she's MY kid. If it was some other guys kid. Would I care? Unlikely.

Welcome to parenthood.
This is a good lesson for you. Listen.

Would you be frantic if this was someone else's child?

If the answer is "no", then your child is probably safe.
Try not to destroy yourself by worrying too much.

My son was actually in jail a few months ago.
Of course, I was prostrate with worry, absolutely leveled by it, especially since another family member suffered a sexual assault in a juvenile facility once, which pretty much fvcked him up for life.

But I had to step back, look at it objectively, and ask myself: "Would I be worried if this were someone else's child? Would I even believe that their worry was justified, or would I find it excessive and out of proportion to the situation?"

In this way, I was able to just stop worrying. By getting some perspective on the situation, I was able to see that nothing so objectively terrible was happening, or had happened.
Because if I hadn't done something to stop this paralyzing anxiety, I wouldn't have been able to function.

I think that's what people are trying to do, when they say things like, "Someday, we'll look back on this and laugh."

Someday, you and your daughter will look back on this, and laugh. Someday, she'll be grown-up, and safe, and you'll still have her to laugh with.

Although your current situation may be personally terrible for you, you cannot allow it to blind you to the larger injustices going on in the world.
Your daughter will have to live in this world, even after you are gone.

Both of you disgust me. People like you two is whats wrong with the world. We all should care about every child that is a victim of a horrible crime like this regardless of there race. You have both become so desensitized that you really don't care.

You are the kind of people that would walk past someone crying out for help while bleeding to death on the street.

I am ashamed to be a member of the same forum as you.

Both of you disgust me. People like you two is whats wrong with the world. We all should care about every child that is a victim of a horrible crime like this regardless of there race. You have both become so desensitized that you really don't care.

Last time I checked Im not supposed to be responsible for other people's children but thats just me.

You are the kind of people that would walk past someone crying out for help while bleeding to death on the street.

I was waiting for someone to mention this. I tried to help someone out once who fell down a stairway and couldnt get up. A week later I get a letter from the guy's lawyer that he was suing me for pushing him down the stairs and breaking his hip. Luckily the manager of the place was called as a witness and told the judge he was flat out lying. The main reason people wont help out each other in those kind of situations is they dont want to get sued.

Cool. Leave, then.

I have to thank you for your opinion. Why? Because it shows that we can all be bleeding hearts when we want to. I'm bothered by the fact that 100s of little girls who go missing are given little or no time by the media. You however are more bothered because some small town all-American kid went missing. Who do you think sees the bigger picture and actually shows more sensitivity? Did you hear about that little black girl in Pittsburgh who was kidnapped from her house by 3 crack heads who broke into her house? She was taken to some crack house and raped for hours. Then left for dead alone in the house. She managed to get out and make it home and call the police. I bet you didn't hear about her. What about that little girl in California about a year ago who was raped/killed and then cut up into little pieces? I doubt it. Why? Because there was no mention of them in the media.

See? I can be a bleeding heart to. Your emotion means nothing to me when it comes to the bigger picture.

I have to thank you for your opinion. Why? Because it shows that we can all be bleeding hearts when we want to. I'm bothered by the fact that 100s of little girls who go missing are given little or no time by the media. You however are more bothered because some small town all-American kid went missing. Who do you think sees the bigger picture and actually shows more sensitivity? Did you hear about that little black girl in Pittsburgh who was kidnapped from her house by 3 crack heads who broke into her house? She was taken to some crack house and raped for hours. Then left for dead alone in the house. She managed to get out and make it home and call the police. I bet you didn't hear about her. What about that little girl in California about a year ago who was raped/killed and then cut up into little pieces? I doubt it. Why? Because there was no mention of them in the media.

See? I can be a bleeding heart to. Your emotion means nothing to me when it comes to the bigger picture.

Exactly right! If you're going to care about little girls at least be consistent about it! I wonder if Sergeant Rock is going to make a thread complaining if a young illegal immigrant from Mexico is raped? My bet is he'll want her deported.

while 10 has not failed to disgust me

Hatuey has painted a clear picture
one is feigning indignation for one, if they are not upset at all
this happens everyday, somewhere
dont make it right
but just because it is not in the MSM, it does not make it any less disturbing
conversely, just because it happens to someone and it goes national, that does not make it unique and more horrific

and more importantly, as Hatuey said, I did not trust anybody with my kid that I would not trust with my life, when he was a wee lil one

and while something horrific could have still happened, the odds decreased dramatically as a result

as to 10s kid in jail
I thought you raised such aware, enlightened, unrestrained, unoppressed children that such a thing would not happen. What happened in your Utopia. No answer expected or necessary, as I am sure it is a very private matter. But quite a blow to your holier than thou attitude on the boards
your sharing it is a blow to your image, or a credit to your honesty (since others seem to tout it)
i will give you the benefit of the doubt that it is the latter
not that I really care...you still disgust me, but thats life
I would say i hope your kid makes it in prison ok, but since i dont know what s/he is convicted of, i cannot. But i guess the odds of a sexual predator/murderer are low enough that I can offer it

but, if your kid is not a predator, in jail s/he is prey. thats the sad reality for most
those who **** up are prey and are victimized.
those who are truly animals thrive in the prison atmosphere

Exactly right! If you're going to care about little girls at least be consistent about it! I wonder if Sergeant Rock is going to make a thread complaining if a young illegal immigrant from Mexico is raped? My bet is he'll want her deported.

Race or country of orgin are irrelevant when it comes to crimes against children IMO. Before you make accusations I suggest you do your home work. The following link is to a thread I started about a little Mexican girl raped by her illegal immigrant uncle.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/immigration/23154-3-year-old-raped-uncle-officials-say.html

while 10 has not failed to disgust me

Hatuey has painted a clear picture
one is feigning indignation for one, if they are not upset at all
this happens everyday, somewhere
dont make it right
but just because it is not in the MSM, it does not make it any less disturbing
conversely, just because it happens to someone and it goes national, that does not make it unique and more horrific

and more importantly, as Hatuey said, I did not trust anybody with my kid that I would not trust with my life, when he was a wee lil one

and while something horrific could have still happened, the odds decreased dramatically as a result

as to 10s kid in jail
I thought you raised such aware, enlightened, unrestrained, unoppressed children that such a thing would not happen. What happened in your Utopia. No answer expected or necessary, as I am sure it is a very private matter. But quite a blow to your holier than thou attitude on the boards
your sharing it is a blow to your image, or a credit to your honesty (since others seem to tout it)
i will give you the benefit of the doubt that it is the latter
not that I really care...you still disgust me, but thats life
I would say i hope your kid makes it in prison ok, but since i dont know what s/he is convicted of, i cannot. But i guess the odds of a sexual predator/murderer are low enough that I can offer it

but, if your kid is not a predator, in jail s/he is prey. thats the sad reality for most
those who **** up are prey and are victimized.
those who are truly animals thrive in the prison atmosphere

Well for cripe sake, Deej, don't have a kitten.
He was only in juvie for about three days.
It's something of a family tradition.
I think out of four generations, I am the first one in my family that hasn't spent time in juvie. :roll:

My kids are both hellraisers. I never said different.
And you know what? I was a hellraiser too, and I plan to be one again, as soon as they move out and get their own lives, which ought to be pretty soon here.

By the way, you might want to watch what you say, as long as you're attempting (unsuccessfully) to smack me with one hand whilst jerking Hatuey off with the other:
I heard a rumor that Hatuey spent some time in juvie himself. And not too long ago, either.
And I know you're not insulting his momma or the way she raised him, are you? :cool:

Last edited:
Race or country of orgin are irrelevant when it comes to crimes against children IMO. Before you make accusations I suggest you do your home work. The following link is to a thread I started about a little Mexican raped by her illegal immigrant uncle.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/immigration/23154-3-year-old-raped-uncle-officials-say.html

We both know that you only found out about (and care about) that because it came up when you googled, "Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants"

Last time I checked Im not supposed to be responsible for other people's children but thats just me.

No one is suggesting that you or anyone else be responsible for other peoples children. Does that mean you shouldn't care when a child is hurt or murdered?
WTF is wrong with you people. Its a sad state of afairs when people stop caring, truly sad.

We both know that you only found out about (and care about) that because it came up when you googled, "Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants"

Im sorry you believe that. You have got me all wrong. I do care, I have always cared about crimes against children.

Well for cripe sake, Deej, don't have a kitten.
He was only in juvie for about three days.
It's something of a family tradition.
I think out of four generations, I am the first one in my family that hasn't spent time in juvie. :roll:

My kids are both hellraisers. I never said different.
And you know what? I was a hellraiser too, and I plan to be one again, as soon as they move out and get their own lives, which ought to be pretty soon here.

By the way, you might want to watch what you say, as long as you're attempting (unsuccessfully) to smack me with one hand whilst jerking Hatuey off with the other:
I heard a rumor that Hatuey spent some time in juvie himself. And not too long ago, either.
And I know you're not insulting his momma or the way she raised him, are you? :cool:

.....my moma raised me to be hard. I just happen to have a thing for making pretty pictures and looking good. Like the petite bourgeoisie

Back
Top Bottom